• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently a new 16 minute gamepay trailer for Elden Ring has leaked (no source/link yet)

martino

I can save you some time: it's going to look and play like Demon's Souls, but this time you ride around on a horse sometimes.
No it's going to play like the best possible mix of demon soul's 3 and sekiro
And i have faith Miyazaki will deliver because so far he did.
He manage to expand and make better each new games he produces using experiences he gains from the previous entry and the difference between them (if there is any)
And from what we know and have seen so far this is not the entry where this will stop

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Take a screenshot.

Make it very little.

Stretch it out again to make it pixelated.

???

Profit.

skneogaf

I hope its the 16 minute video that will be at the playstation "play! Play! Play!" event on October 16th.

n58D1zw.jpg

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Could be true. Bandai Namco has started their ER marketing on twitter, posts every Friday?saturday.
and 16th Oct is a Friday/Saturday.

tassletine

No it's going to play like the best possible mix of demon soul's 3 and sekiro
And i have faith Miyazaki will deliver because so far he did.
He manage to expand and make better each new games he produces using experiences he gains from the previous entry and the difference between them (if there is any)
And from what we know and have seen so far this is not the entry where this will stop
I disagree. I love the games generally, but I think they've beome weaker and less distinct as they go on.

DS3 and Sekiro lean heavily on the design of -- Large, empty, fairly easy, open "corridors" with amazing art direction and rock hard bosses. They also watered down the puzzle element.

The earlier games were much more dungeon crawling affairs, take the wrong path and you're dead, sort of thing. The bosses weren't as tough but there was much more of a puzzle element in each area which made the levels themselves more interesting and tougher.
With this game I'm actually a bit concerned that they might stretch this 'later' souls formula to breaking point, or just not have enough staff to balance or program the game properly (balance and programming being one of From's weakness').

Bartski

Gold Member
I hope its the 16 minute video that will be at the playstation "play! Play! Play!" event on October 16th.

n58D1zw.jpg

Elden Ring (PS5, PS4) – Virtual YouTuber Dennou Shojo Siro, a big fan of FromSoftware titles, will introduce the appeal of Elden Ring based on previously released information, and have a deep discussion with Hatsune Matsushima (talent, host).

Source: Gematsu

d63r6hta3dx41.jpg

martino

I disagree. I love the games generally, but I think they've beome weaker and less distinct as they go on.

DS3 and Sekiro lean heavily on the design of -- Large, empty, fairly easy, open "corridors" with amazing art direction and rock hard bosses. They also watered down the puzzle element.

The earlier games were much more dungeon crawling affairs, take the wrong path and you're dead, sort of thing. The bosses weren't as tough but there was much more of a puzzle element in each area which made the levels themselves more interesting and tougher.
With this game I'm actually a bit concerned that they might stretch this 'later' souls formula to breaking point, or just not have enough staff to balance or program the game properly (balance and programming being one of From's weakness').
the things is according to interview you will have both an open area and dungeons this time
edit : and its each its own, i'm bothered when they make the gameplay more limited action oriented like in bloodborn and sekiro than level the design.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

So there’s no link, no source, nothing? And we’re just supposed to believe it? Okay.

Hey guys, I have a trailer for Sleeping Dogs 2.

Top Bottom