• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently Just Dance is now an Olympic Sport, and Kyle Bosman explains how the 2023 finals went

SJRB

Gold Member
As an epilogue to his latest episode of Delayed Input about the Microsoft - Activision merger, Bosman talks about the Just Dance Olympic finale:

I'm not really sure why but it feels incredibly wrong seeing this buffoonery being an actual Olympic event.

Cyberpunkd

At least it actually requires moving one's body. As much as I love video games, I don't understand why the question of whether e-sports should be an Olympic sport keeps coming up.
People don’t want to move their asses, people want to play videogames. One and done.

SJRB

Gold Member
Bosman's videos are the highlight of my Friday every week.
His analogy of likening Starfield to a six year old's octopus drawing had me crying in laughter.

Honestly his takes are a breath of fresh air. He has such a nuanced yet smart view on things. His analysis of the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo showcases is also excellent.

Sidenote - I'm also happy that he looks healthy in his last video. There was a period where it legit seemed like he was ill. Maybe he was. Anyway, god bless ya, Bosman.

Deft Beck

Just Dance is only an e-sport because Ubisoft is paying for it. It looks really good to investors, who wonder why Just Dance isn't selling as well year after year.

Lasha

I was going to go to eSports week until I saw the selection of games. So weird to not include any of the actual big eSports. Even the SEA games have stuff like valorant and Tekken.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
odd future lol GIF by JASPER & ERROL'S FIRST TIME

Sojiro

Of all the games to be represented as a fucking Olympic sport it's just fucking dance? Oh Jesus tits let the world end now. CS:GO, DotA 2, LoL, Overwatch fucking Splatoon or Mario Kart, anything aside from that dumpster fire.

Pidull

Nah, Easy Allies is Bud Light.
With their rapidly declining numbers, EZA is unfortunately going to disappear soon.

IIRC Bosman pushed years ago for them to continue growing and doing more, but they were fine with status quo. I sure wish we still had a gametrailers around these days.

Impotaku

How the hell could just dance be used as an esport? it's play mechanics are extremely loose & barey require accuracy if you are flailing in rough time & direction the game will think you are doing great and are nothing like real dance which does take skill. I have played it in the past and you barely have to do any of the move for the game to think you are. Maybe something like konami's dance evolution would have been a better choice as the cameras check your body position & the game requires you to know all the moves to pull the song off but even that can be cheesed in parts.

Top Bottom