• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple is reversing Epic Games Account Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Apple has reversed its ban of Epic Games' developer account, following an inquiry from the European Commission. Epic is now "moving forward as planned to launch the Epic Games Store and bring Fortnite back to iOS in Europe."

Update - Apple has told us and committed to the European Commission that they will reinstate our developer account. We are moving forward as planned to launch the Epic Games Store and bring Fortnite back to iOS in Europe.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good. Apple definitely looked like they were acting in bad faith doing this, and I suspect European regulators were ready and willing to rake them over the coals for it.

Apple:

Roger Falling GIF by American Dad

Jinzo Prime

The lawyers screaming at the top of their lungs about how bad of an idea that was. Never open yourself up to a lawsuit like that.

StereoVsn

there's no way you unironically recommended buying Disney and Tencent shares.
Are you aware of share ownership structure for Epic?

Tencent alone owns around 40%, and both Disney and Sony own very significant chunks.

So no, I was serious from the point that if (for some weird reason) absolutely had to invest into Epic as a company, you could invest into Tencent, Disney and Sony instead as they own fairly large chunks of it.

Would I recommend that? I ain’t a financial advisor, but no, I would not, lol.

wipeout364

Seemed really weird to me that Apple tried to pull that petty move. It was only ever going to open them up to more lawsuits and probably bring more EU regulations down on their heads.

DrFigs

Are you aware of share ownership structure for Epic?

Tencent alone owns around 40%, and both Disney and Sony own very significant chunks.

So no, I was serious from the point that if (for some weird reason) absolutely had to invest into Epic as a company, you could invest into Tencent, Disney and Sony instead as they own fairly large chunks of it.

Would I recommend that? I ain’t a financial advisor, but no, I would not, lol.
Sad thing is I knew what you meant, but felt the need to leave a snarky comment anyway. :pie_pensive:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom