• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple makes exclusive features just for their Rose Gold iPhone 6S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Apple has taken the world by storm with the release of their new iPhone 6S models.

But little do we know that Apple has included unannounced exclusive features to their Rose Gold line that isn't available in any other model or colourway. A new marketing tactic to appeal to those who choose to own this colour.

A few other members and I have found out that Apple's new Rose Gold iPhone is actually Rose Scented! Smell your Rose Gold iPhone 6S's, they really do smell like roses!

Actually it does have some sort of sweet smell now that I took a deep whiff!

For those of us who were lucky enough to get a Rose Gold iPhone take a sniff of your brand new phone and the box. You'll notice that they have a faint, lingering sweet smell akin to a bouquet of roses.

Eventually this scent may fade but it is a nice detail that Apple adds to give depth to their new line of pink phones. From what I understand no other iPhone or smartphone on the market comes with a themed scent like the floral scented Rose Gold iPhone.

I suspect that this is part of Apple's new luxury branding in promoting their new colour by giving their product a pleasant scent as an extra bonus for supporting them.

The Rose Gold iPhone also has a new dynamic anodised coating for their Rose Gold line of iPhones. Unlike other models, the Rose Gold iPhone's 7000 Series Aluminium actually changed colour between a traditional rose gold finish and a subtle metallic pink hue.

User Shenmue lays out his observations:
Another thing I've noticed with this phone is that the color is really deceptive. Almost like those odd color changing paint jobs people get on cars and motorcycles sometimes.

In 2700K light, which is the yellow tinted, "warm" light that most people will use in their living rooms and bedrooms, the phone looks just like rose gold jewelry, or in other words, gold, but without the yellow tint in the regular gold iphone. Instead it has that copper/pink tint that we usually associate with rose gold jewelry.

6L18Xzw.jpg

In 5500K-6500K light, which is the very white light, otherwise known as "Daylight", which people often use in kitchens, bathrooms, home theaters, or workshops, the phone looks much more pink. In my opinion it's still not bright pink, but definitely more pink than the normal "rose gold" jewelry.

qOfq9EQ.jpg

l5X62XC.jpg

The Rose Gold iPhone does in fact change colour and tone based on the environment you are in thanks to Apple's new anodisation techniques used on the Rose Gold 7000 Series Aluminum.

The two tone metallics are especially prevalent on the branding and logo.

The new anodisation method hides oils and fingerprints better than on the Space Gray, Silver, and Gold models due to the Rose Gold's more natural pigment.

We will update this thread if we find more Rose Gold exclusive features as Apple's new Rose Gold proves to be one of their more popular and successful colour ways after the first day of release.

EDIT: It seems like the Rose Gold Apple Watch also shares some of these exclusive features.

I know you'd like to think your shit don't stink. But lean a little bit closer. See that roses really smell like poo-poo-oo.

Apple are incredible about making the product experience, an actual experience. I still have all my Apple boxes. I have the manuals, the chargers, the headphones. It looks like I raided a Apple Store. I really like their boxes.

oti

Banned
iPhone 7+++ Blood Diamond Gold Taylor Swift Selfie Edition

Including an exclusive Big Band version of Taylor Swift's smash hit Bad Blood.

Shun

It is a feature as it enhances your quality of life. Really if you bought one it does have a sweet floral scent to it. Take a sniff.

I noticed the scent after opening my box and checking for any imperfections or defects.

The phone just came out less than 24 hours ago, there's no harm in smelling.

Also it seems to be water resistant/waterproof now according to this video.

Zombine

Banned
I know you like to thank yo shit don't stank, but lean a little bit closer cuz roses really smell like poo ooo ooo.

Exokell

Banned
Exclusive feature... You people "intense headache". I'm gonna start hearing this shit from my coworkers and people I know that chose this color. I wanna shout at them " I don't fucking care!", but that's rude so I can't.

Impotaku

LOL it's just a phone, the way Apple fans go on about stuff makes them sound like cult members. Keep drinking that Apple koolaid.

Oppo

hahaha

i am a huge Apple dork but you've gotta be kidding me with this.

actually. Apple should simply play coy. people who buy rose gold iPhones are apparently insane enough to believe this so why not let it ride.

you're extra extra extra special

Oppo

DO NOT put your phone in water you goofballs

every time a new iPhone releases, someone tries to make a youtube that "proves" this just to get suckers to dunk their phones

Apple would call out such a feature VERY prominently if it existed in any real sense. they did not "sneak in" water resistance. you've lost your minds.

Do these people actually know about anodizing? I've never heard of it being used to allow color shifting on metal. Sounds like bullshit.

This is all just random gafers? Yeah, sorry but I'm calling bullshit since I doubt they know what they're talking about.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't have an iPhone Rose Gold on hand but I held out a piece of A4 paper out in 5500K-6500K light and 2700K and it was a different tint of white in each. That's fucking crazy.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I don't have an iPhone Rose Gold on hand but I held out a piece of A4 paper out in 5500K-6500K light and 2700K and it was a different tint of white in each. That's fucking crazy.
Quick what does the paper smell like? Apple have probably being sneaking special sheets of paper into regular reams to celebrate the people who bought a rose gold iPhone.

Appleman

Do these people actually know about anodizing? I've never heard of it being used to allow color shifting on metal. Sounds like bullshit.

This is all just random gafers? Yeah, sorry but I'm calling bullshit since I doubt they know what they're talking about.

Yeah, it's really dumb. In some lights the regular Gold iPhone looks pretty silver, in others it looks really yellow.

That's just how light works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom