• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's iPad 2 event | March 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

main.jpg

Overview
  • What: Apple's March 2 iPad/iOS event
  • Date: Wednesday, March 2, 2011
  • Time: 10:00 AM Pacific Time
  • Time of the event around the world

08:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
09:00PM - Moscow
11:30PM - Mumbai
03:00AM - Tokyo (March 3rd)
05:00AM - Sydney (March 3rd)

Live Stream: Possibly for 10.6+ and iOS devices. Check back tomorrow.

Liveblogs

yerbabuena_appleevent_010311.jpg

Zyzyxxz

_dementia said:
What's expected from the iPad 2? No resolution boost, right?

other than front camera/facetime I haven't heard anything about it.

I'm somewhat hoping its not too impressive since I was planning on picking up a used or refurbished iPad 1 once all the sheep flock to the new one.

_dementia said:

Nothing big it seems.

- Camera (front, for conferencing)
- Lighter (by ounces)
- Small screen upgrade (no big resolution change)

Although doing a conference hints there could be something no one is talking about now. The stuff I listed is not enough for them to bother holding a conference about it

numble

Zyzyxxz said:

I'm somewhat hoping its not too impressive since I was planning on picking up a used or refurbished iPad 1 once all the sheep flock to the new one.
The cooking apps are great! But you may not need those.

_dementia said:
I guess the price wasn't right yet for the resolution boost. From what I'm reading there will actually be a relatively quick turnaround from the iPad 2 to the next refresh which will have a higher res display. Reportedly it could come out towards the end of 2011.

Xater

Keyser Soze said:
Nothing big it seems.

- Camera (front, for conferencing)
- Lighter (by ounces)
- Small screen upgrade (no big resolution change)

Although doing a conference hints there could be something no one is talking about now. The stuff I listed is not enough for them to bother holding a conference about it

I am pretty sure we will get a better CPU and more RAM as well.

U2NUMB

Zyzyxxz said:

Dead on with how I am thinking. I want a tablet and I am fine with the iPad I just do not want to spend 500+ on it..

Mrbob

This one won't have the resolution boost? Does this mean it won't have a dual core CPU and GPU?

16GB for $299/ 32GB at $499 a reality? I'd love to see 64GB at $499 but I'm sure we are a few years away from this.

What about a SD card slot?

AiTM

Banned
blah I sold my iPad around the time the retina displayed was rumored, because I knew I would get more for it before they announced the new one, with the plan of buying the new one when it came out this spring....

Now it seems the upgrade will be minor, with the real "iPad 2" coming possibly end of this year or next year...aghhh should I wait or buy? Wish I would have known this and held onto my iPad longer. That's what you get for speculating.

sammymoho

Banned
This is going to sell ridiculously well. I know so many people who passed on the original iPad just because it was a first generation product but promised themselves to buy the second generation. I know I was one of those people. All I want is a front facing camera, for it to be lighter and something new from Apple to show us.

Start your Bets,

-Steve Jobs Via Facetime on ipad 2 60%
-ipad 2 will use polycarbonate as the build material 40%
-a $399 ipad 90%
-iOS 5 will be reveled 100%
-and another thing.... atv2 will get gaming 1%

Ohwiseone

Wait, I though there was a rumor that the next iPad was going to have a smaller counterpart (like iPod nano), Or was that later found to be false?

sammymoho

Banned
AiTM said:
blah I sold my iPad around the time the retina displayed was rumored, because I knew I would get more for it before they announced the new one, with the plan of buying the new one when it came out this spring....

Now it seems the upgrade will be minor, with the real "iPad 2" coming possibly end of this year or next year...aghhh should I wait or buy? Wish I would have known this and held onto my iPad longer. That's what you get for speculating.

I would buy it. The next iPad will come in roughly the same release cycle, so about a year.

Xater

Kano On The Phone said:
God, and I just bought a new iPad 1. Fuck you, Apple.

Dude a March/April launch of the iPad 2 has been the talk since December. It's totally on you.

Opus Angelorum said:
Latest rumour for the iPad 2:

- 1,024 x 768
- 1.2GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU
- SGX543 GPU
- 512MB RAM

I hope it will be 1GB RAM.

sammymoho

Banned
Technosteve said:
Start your Bets,

-Steve Jobs Via Facetime on ipad 2 60%
-ipad 2 will use polycarbonate as the build material 40%
-a $399 ipad 90%
-iOS 5 will be reveled 100%
-and another thing.... atv2 will get gaming 1%

Is it true iOS 5 will be revealed? Would it even be released for the iPad 2 before next fall?

Futureman

sammymoho said:
Is it true iOS 5 will be revealed? Would it even be released for the iPad 2 before next fall?

This would be a really, really, really lame event if it ran iOS4 and the only announcement was a spec bump.

sammymoho

Banned
Futureman said:
This would be a really, really, really lame event if it ran iOS4 and the only announcement was a spec bump.

I certainly agree. It just seems early for it I guess because iOS4 was just released on the iPad like 3 months ago.

scotcheggz

^ lol that's terrifying

Sadly I'll most likely buy this iteration no matter what, just for the memory increase. It's the only thing that rags me off about the iPad. Looking forward to seeing what they got though, hopefully it will have some other extra goodness to get me excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom