• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2015 thread

69wpm

i9l8vTy.jpg

Man, today will be a hard day.

Sauce

salromano

WayForward Celebrates 25 Years of Games

Valencia, Calif. – 04/01/2015— WayForward is pleased to announce its next original game: "You Are The Winner! Go You!"

The game puts players in the boots of Gunster Megaboom, a mercenary from the 37th century sent back in time to stop time-travelers from preventing the apocalypse. Gunster is a danger-loving weapons expert, with a soft spot for latte foam art, who plays by NO ONE'S rules!

"The rules you play by are something new for us," explains WayForward's founder, Voldi Way. "People love our original characters and animation, but let's be honest - WayForward games aren't for babies. And we need to tap into that lucrative baby market if we're going to thrive another 25 years."

Creative Director Matt Bozon agrees. "With this project, we wanted a game that EVERYONE could appreciate. So we did extensive focus testing, with participants ranging from age 2 to 104. The results were surprising. Some players couldn't beat the bosses. Some couldn't defeat enemies. Others couldn't shoot. Or jump. Or move at all, really. One guy just hated pressing buttons. We've solved ALL of that."

The game was developed using WayForward's innovative new 'PlayForMe' technology, which enables gamers of literally any age and skill level to succeed. PlayForMe automatically collects coins, avoids obstacles, and defeats enemies and bosses before they ever get close.

"You Are The Winner! Go You!" comes out this Fall on PC and all major consoles. For more information on this title and all WayForward games, head to www.WayForward.com.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gunster Megaboom is an awesome name & I want WayForward to find a way to use that in a future game.

I'm still hoping that everything that happened was an extended April Fool prank and they'll laugh at us for falling for it tomorrow.

:'(

Yeah...I'm kinda hoping this....it's been my wish since this whole shit has happened :( My dream is Konami holds a meeting, and the President pulls off a face mask to reveal that it's really Kojima underneath, and he says 'Did I fool you' and everyone laughs and it's revealed MGSV will come out next month :(

Zubz

Banned
Gunster Megaboom is an awesome name & I want WayForward to find a way to use that in a future game.

I'd love to see that. I mean, they were able to work "Barracuda Joe" into the 2nd Shantae after the name got popular in an LP, so who knows?

Who ever came up with April fools is an asshole

IIRC it was a whole group of them!

Wasn't the Square-Enix merger announced on April Fools in America? I know it was the 2nd for Japan, but a lot of people thought it was a joke for a week or so. The first Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was announced about a day or two away from April Fool's, too, so that's another one people thought was an April Fools joke. I'd still argue that it was the cruelest April Fools joke yet.

I'm sorry, but April's Fool will not be the same without a Kojima Prank.

Hey, he can still try to do something, right? It's Kojima; I doubt he'd just sit around idle.

Croteam Twitter implies they'll put Sam in Talos Principle later today... in some fashion. There's nothing there yet though.

Top Bottom