• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

They tried to make a female Demon King with Ember Moon, but it just isn't working.
Dammit WWE, the female Demon King is Ember's opponent.

tumblr_njqcf6bBGb1qf7xjao4_500.gif

Hasney

Ha, I love how Nakamura didn't notice everyone out on the stage clapping him while he was dancing around in his own world. He seemed to look straight at them and I thought he no sold it, then looked surprised when he looked later and thanked them.

Caderfix

I decided to watch NXT. I like Aleister Black, Asuka didn't show up but she is the best and that's not going to change and Drew should be on the main roster, hopefully with a different hair cut as we don't need a third conditioner brother.

Damn, it's like they know Nakamura is going to be wasted on the main roster so they gave him a fond farewell

When was the last big sendoff? I dont' remember.

Toki767

Damn, it's like they know Nakamura is going to be wasted on the main roster so they gave him a fond farewell

When was the last big sendoff? I dont' remember.

I want to say Sasha.

Bayley or Balor didn't even really get a sendoff. Which seems crazy when they carried the brand for a year.

The thing with Ember is, as much as we can criticize the character work, she's obviously over. No one else on that roster could get a positive crowd reaction against Asuka because the crowd loves Asuka. Yet they were totally ready to watch her lose to Ember. So obviously something about her is working for a lot of the audience.

Toki767

The thing with Ember is, as much as we can criticize the character work, she's obviously over. No one else on that roster could get a positive crowd reaction against Asuka because the crowd loves Asuka. Yet they were totally ready to watch her lose to Ember. So obviously something about her is working for a lot of the audience.

She has a cool finisher and she's not green in the ring like every other woman on NXT that isn't Asuka.

I think most people were prepared for her to beat Asuka because they thought Asuka was going to be called up.

She has a cool finisher and she's not green in the ring like every other woman on NXT that isn't Asuka.

I think most people were prepared for her to beat Asuka because they thought Asuka was going to be called up.

So is Cross and she didn't get nearly the same reaction against Asuka in San Antonio.

And that crowd wasn't "prepared" for her to win. They actively supported it.

Sephzilla

Watching the Star Wars 40th anniversary panel... They do a really nice tribute to Carrie Fischer and then John fucking Williams comes out and leads an Orchestra playing Leia's theme.... jesus christ

759.gif

Angle was on Jericho’s podcast and said that due to nerve issues, he can right now only bench press 185 pounds, which is not much at all for someone of his size. Then again, with all the wear-and-tear on his body that wouldn’t surprise me. He said his upper body strength isn’t good from all the neck injuries. When asked about doing MMA, he said that at one time he was fooling himself on that subject regarding the ability to do an MMA career. He said that looking back with perspective, that he wouldn’t have been able to adequately defend himself with all of his injuries.

That does not sound like a guy who is passing a WWE physical anytime soon.

ShadyK54

Watching the Star Wars 40th anniversary panel... They do a really nice tribute to Carrie Fischer and then John fucking Williams comes out and leads an Orchestra playing Leia's theme.... jesus christ

759.gif

I caught the video they uploaded to their Youtube channel. I was fine when the video started but then came this point barely seconds later where it just hit me like a ton of bricks with the feels.

Kaladin

I never realized you can watch WWE's main TV program Prime Time Wrestling from Wrestlemania 2 to Wrestlemania 3 on the network now. And they're adding more PTW this month.

Cosmozone

That mysterious vibe doesn't really fit with Ember's gimmick. This werewolf theme should be associated with power, zest for life, being instinct-driven, freedom etc.

somedevil

Wait is Lana no longer going to be with Rusev even though they're both on Smackdown?
Rusev is currently out with an injury. I don't know how long he is out, but I'm guessing he's gonna be out long enough for Lana to be able to make a debut.

somedevil, you've posted updates on Lana in house shows, has she shown any progress to be ready for a debut yet? The only thing I've really seen her in was the WM 32 match and that was only for a little bit she was in it for.

Top Bottom