• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar Tonelico (PS2) (Gust/Banpresto) screens

jiggle

Official site opened.
http://ar-tonelico.jp/

That music track sounds hot.

Here are some screen caps

artonelico01.jpg

artonelico02.jpg

artonelico03.jpg

artonelico04.jpg

artonelico05.jpg

artonelico06.jpg

artonelico07.jpg

artonelico08.jpg

artonelico09.jpg

artonelico10.jpg

artonelico11.jpg

artonelico12.jpg

artonelico13.jpg

artonelico14.jpg

artonelico15.jpg

Info on the game's story, world and characters found at rpgfan.com
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1863.html

Hope it'll be better than AI2 ^^;

Ironclad

Thanks!

Wow, the music is really nice. The game looks beautiful as well and seems rather interesting. I'm definitely excited for this one.

Takuan

The environments look really nice, but they sure dropped the bomb on the battle backdrops and the sprites. If they're well-animated, I suppose that's ok, but with today's technology I'd like to see sprites looking closer to the character art in detail and proportion. I guess it'd take way more time and energy than it's worth.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
That site and music track was posted before, but I don't mind hearing it again. :)
Game looks nice BTW.

Vashu

Yeah, the music is awesome! :D Been a while since I last heard it, and with the updated site it's only better. Great looking game, let's just hope it'll come out here in the west... I really like the style, floating city with traintracks connected to it, great artwork...

Also, new wallpaper get! :)

Vibri

Banned
I'm not sure how anyone can like that music, it sounds like horrible generic pan-pipe world shit.

artone12.jpg

FHUTA!

He's joking unless he's talking about the kid in armor. The majority of the characters in your party are female because that's what the battle system revolves around (holding off the attackers with the 1 or 2 male characters you have while the female characters charge up their magic).

Danj

jiggle said:
Official site has a gameplay video with the opening song.

Direct link is here (46.1Mb WMV) for anyone who doesn't want to wade through Flash and panpipes to find it. Looks hot.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Graphics look gorgeous, yay 2D, but what's up with the Cloud ripoff lead character?

djtiesto said:
Yeah, apparently I'm the only one who enjoyed that game...

I liked, especially since i've mainly been into SMT games this gen and needed a more light hearted RPG. Atelier Iris came along at the right time. Can't wait for the sequel.

Top Bottom