• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

BiggNife

Not only is it a crappy port but all the stuff they added looks stupid

There was never really a need to add a devil trigger/rage of the gods type ability to Batman

Also lol B.A.T. Mode

Biggzy

Well, Reggie was right about one thing.

It's not the same game.

ibkTndhDetSlv3.gif

KageZero

The graphics look at least par on with other console versions, but the framerate is terrible. I hope this is just caused by rushed and lazy ports but i'm a bit worried to be honest.

Alex

I want to see more Zombi U, so far, despite any warts, it seems to be the only actually compelling launch game since I'm sick to death of NSMB and have a gaming PC. I also have a thing for interesting takes on the rogue-like setup.

daxy

Just out of curiosity, what was Assassin's Creed III like?

Said it chopped up more than other consoles in the sequence they showed (first ~30 minutes of the game). It was noticeable on stream that the frame rate dipped below 30 a fair amount of times.
The touch screen functions were pretty minimal. Essentially just the HUD expanded and moved to the controller.

From the footage available so far ZombiU seems to fare best in that department, as a third party game and all.

Khezu

Was Arkham edition ported by Rocksteady or someone else?

I'm kinda worried about UE3 on WiiU now. Don't give much of a shit about a port of Batman, but I was gonna get Injustice on WiiU...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I stuck with my decision not to pick up a Wii U on launch day.

It looks like western support is going to be shitty, bringing in inferior ports of 360/PS3 games with minimal gamepad support.

I'll probably pick up a Japanese Wii U late next year or so. I don't expect anyone but Japanese devs to really support this thing once the next-gen consoles are released, so I should probably get the region of the system that will see the most releases.

DigitalOp

Banned
Honestly... I was leaning towards excited for the Wii U..

But after watching this... I can wait.. It looks fun and I still want one but my curiosity is completely satisfied and Ill wait till all the flubs are ironed out.

Just my opinion on the entire package today

ToD_

Oh, darn. I missed the Tekken footage. Does it have any technical issues? Any stuff missing from other console versions? If it's the same as PS3/360 with added content, I'll be picking this up.

Alex

I might crack when Pikmin and MH hit, as well as an extended battery because I'm not playing around on a controller with a three hour battery life.

Was kinda hoping I could just get MH for 3DS, but no online and no adhoc party to save it succkkssss.

Doomshine

Oh, darn. I missed the Tekken footage. Does it have any technical issues? Any stuff missing from other console versions? If it's the same as PS3/360 with added content, I'll be picking this up.

They just played the bonus stuff so we don't know for sure.

newsguy

I have NBA 2k sitting in the shrinkwrap and this stream is terrifying me. I need to know about this port before I open it.

Squire

Banned
Nintendo thinks everyone who plays video games on the Internet is s toddler. Everyone ever.

Edit: LMAO at the community stuff.

Top Bottom