• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archos, once again, pushes the innovation envelope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I own an Archos av480 Link for those who want to look at that

This is new, and I want it

phy_buttons_en.jpg

Capacity: 30 GB.
Interfaces: High-speed USB 2.0, compatible USB 1.1, PC & Mac USB Host port compatible Mass Storage Device Built-in WiFi connection (802.11b technology) IRDA 115 kb/s port.
Operating system: Linux Qtopia™ with embedded ARCHOS multimedia applications.
Video playback: MPEG-4 SP with MP3 or ADPCM stereo sound, near DVD quality up to 704x480 @ 30 f/s (MTSC), 720x576 @ 25 f/s (PAL), AVI file format*.
Video recording: MPEG-4 SP with MP3 stereo sound, near SVCD quality (optimised resolution for standard TV through composite video line-in) with up to 512x384 @ 30 f/s, in AVI format*.
Music playback: Stereo MP3 decoding @ 30-320 kb/s CBR & VBR, WMA (including Microsoft® PD DRM protected files), WAV.
Music recording: From any analog source into MP3 or WAV (PCM) format. Voice recording with built-in microphone.
Photo viewer: JPEG, PNG, GIF or BMP.
PIM functionalities: Qtopia™ software to manage your address book, agenda, calendar, calculator.
Games: Qtopia™ embedded games and Mophun™ game engine to play games downloadable from Archos web-site.
Display: 3.5" TFT transflective touch screen (QVGA) 320x240 pixels, 262,000 colors and TV output.
AV Connections: Earphone/Line Out jack. Built-in microphone and speaker. TV cradle to connect to TV with analog audio/video In & Out to RCA jacks, S-video In, and IR receiver for remote and IR emitter for tuner control, SCART In & Out for European version. Travel audio-video kit in option to record audio and video analog source on the move.
Battery life: Up to 4 hours* for video playback or 9.5 hours* for music. Removable battery available as an option.
Scalability: Download firmware updates from www.archos.com
Power source: Internal: rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries. External: AC charger/adapter.
Dimensions: Approx. 125 x 78 x 20 mm (4.9" x 3.1" x 0.8").
Weight: 280 g (9.9 oz).
System requirements: PC: Pentium® III 800 MHz or higher, Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000 or XP. 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended) with USB port and CD-ROM drive. Mac: 9.2 or X (10.2.4) USB Manager version 1.2 or higher with USB port and CD-ROM drive.

I held out on these portable deivices for quite some time, and judging by your post, it seems like it may have paid off. Why? Because the latest Archos is much improved. The touch screen is a very nice "touch". Looks very promising indeed.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
People are complaining about the price? Sheesh man. Fuck.

Internet, Divx, MP3 and WMA, E-mail, TiVo, adress book, games. Sorry, that is fuckin cheap as hell. If they had a larger capacity, I'd get rid of what I have and buy that. The interface is easy as hell to use as I can see. Minor design changes from what I have. This is dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom