• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are game prices going to go up again?

Are game prices going to go up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been coming across some posts on Twitter that say based on the recent hack of Insomniac Games, Sony has plans to increase the price of games to $80-100. Wanted to hear your thoughts Gaf.

GHG

Gold Member
Nothing in the leak said they are going to increase the price of games to $100.

Try reading the leak instead of twitter.

Yes - and let's be real - as much as we don't like it the prices haven't gone up in line with budgets and inflation has eaten away at them.

Let's see who wins...

I applied my method, I don't buy games for more than 50 dollars at launch... Otherwise, there is no problem, I still buy games that have been out for 4, 5 years and I enjoy them... I can wait until more than 3 years, it has always been That was my method.

If that is the plan that Playstation has, then let's avoid buying its exclusives... I have not bought The last of us part 1 and I would not.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So I've been coming across some posts on Twitter that say based on the recent hack of Insomniac Games, Sony has plans to increase the price of games to $80-100. Wanted to hear your thoughts Gaf.
Technically, the slide said SM3 would be broken up into two parts at $50 each. So it's not really $100, unless it can be proven they are purposely piecing out two half games to get two sales from gamers. Although the plan to have both parts released a year apart in the leaked slides is fishy.

It's like Dune part 1 and part 2 in theatres. If a ticket costs $12, does that mean Dune is really a $24 movie? Probably not as it'll be two 3 hr sessions. But if part 1 and 2 were 90 minutes each and came out a year apart, then someone might say they purposely slogged it to get two sales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom