• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there any DS Picross games in the works?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
is nintendo abandoning a wonderful puzzle series when they have a system that it would actually be perfect to release a Picross game for? there super famicom series was really great, and the second gb picross game had the huuuge picture spread out over many different boards. i bet they could take this somewhere cool, but are they completely dead by now?

picross_vol1.PNG

bpi1_1.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Sudoku kinda replaced this. But yeah, Picross is ****ing ace.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
wow, thanks womp!

that looks pretty good to me. but nintendo's dropping the ball by not making a new series for the ds, this game is just so great and goes so hand in hand with the sudoku craze. and i know their production values would be higher than this one.

does anyone know the control scheme of the hudson one, or how the dual screens are used? info was a llittle scant on those sites.

ah, just saw your edit...that one looks cool too, i'd just hate to drop 30 on something that i don't know anything about. anyone got any info?

womp

mattiewheels said:
wow, thanks womp!

that looks pretty good to me. but nintendo's dropping the ball by not making a new series for the ds, this game is just so great and goes so hand in hand with the sudoku craze. and i know their production values would be higher than this one.

does anyone know the control scheme of the hudson one, or how the dual screens are used? info was a llittle scant on those sites.

ah, just saw your edit...that one looks cool too, i'd just hate to drop 30 on something that i don't know anything about. anyone got any info?

No prob man...

Sorry but I honestly haven't tried the Simple one. :/ One or two of the posters on our Dual Screen Radio forums has it, I may have to ask for their thoughts on it although the Simple series is low budget gaming and I'm not sure how well it plays. The Illust game looks fantastic though IMO, but I gotta agree its a shame Nintendo won't plop something like Mario Picross DS out there. Sounds like the original GB version sold like crap unfortunately. :(

There's also this one someone on here linked to awhile back. I'm on the fence about buying it. On the one hand it's picross, on the other it's licensed anime robots. That kinda scares me off. $25 though!

mattiewheels

from the screen shots, i was more attracted to the simple series one than the hudson one. it would be fantastic if you could ask people who've played, though. i'd love to know how intuitive the controls are, and how large the game is. i can't tell from the screens how the ds screens split up on this one, hmm....

jive turkey, the only american picross release was the first picross game for the original gameboy. i thought the japanese only sequel was way superior, though.

mattiewheels

Rummy Bunnz said:
There's also this one someone on here linked to awhile back. I'm on the fence about buying it. On the one hand it's picross, on the other it's licensed anime robots. That kinda scares me off. $25 though!
i can't find any screens of this, got a link? i'm so starved for ds picross i'd almost buy it blind, though :lol

Top Bottom