• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you guys really accepting $70 for games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahdis

Day 1 games are usually needing patches, are full of bugs, unfinished and sometimes rarely on occassion, bricks hardware. I understand enjoyment is subjective. But why is anyone alright with this greed showcase? Yes, I love my games, but not $70 worth.

My main complaints are with Sony (upgrade fiasco) and of course Nintendo (they keep on selling the same shit every generation for maximum price and people keep eating it up).

How are you guys ok with this?

Last edited:
I'm absolutely not. all the reasons you mentioned are why. One, if i wait 3 to 6 months i'll get the game substantially cheaper. two, 3 to 6 months later they will have usually fully patched the game and at that point it's actually complete lol.

If we don't accept price and vote with our wallets, then all we will get are indie level games and multiplayer. Publishers won't spend 100 to 200 million and sell it with loss. Just accept that already.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I m not but I dont really buy games constantly anymore just because so this doesnt really affect me as much as others. I will gladly lay down $70 for Elden Ring

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Running Man Dancing GIF

Barakov

I'm definitely not okay with it. There are definitely games that might be worth the $70 price tag but a vast majority are not. I'm definitely in wait for a sale mode for most games.

lpking2005

Neo Member
Nope. This is the first console gen that I've not spent hardly any money since launch. In the UK its the equivalent of nearly $100 and i refuse to spend that much.
I did buy Ratchet but even with how amazing that game is, i still feel burned by that price.

I've recently bought a PC and saved a ton of money just by getting the odd game from cheaper key sites and also having GamePass.
Until something comes along that is completely next gen worthy and is not just a cross-gen title, i will not be buying it day one probably.

AGRacing

I bought Ratchet at the increased price. Skipped Returnal and bought from this very Marketplace for far less. Also skipped Demon's Souls and never got back around to grabbing it later.

They will probably get me on either Horizion or GT7 at full price. But I'd say my overall rate of day 1 purchases of 1st party games will be cut in half this generation. I should thank them for saving me all the money and time.

Monotox

Neo Member
I stopped buying new games since they became $80 Canadian. That is way too much and I only buy indie games or hugely discounted games now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Like I said before in other thread, if there is a game I’m looking forward then I gladly willing to pay the full price.

For game like SMTV which I gave been waiting for for veeeery long time, I’m not gonna wait for sails, I’m gonna buy day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom