• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Army of Two (!)

mr_nothin

Banned
Ok, I walk into the house and my mom hands me my new EGM magazine for the month and I see "Army of Two" on the cover...
Wow, that looks pretty cool..I think to myself.
So I start scrolling through the magazine and I see that they have a Top 50 New Games list.
Ok so I start getting up to number nine, which is Heavenly Sword and to my surprise, when i get to number 5...its Resistance. It has one or 2 new screenshots I think, the new large screen reminds me of timesplitters sooo much that it makes me want a TS4 for NEXTGEN :(...Hopefully it comes. So I get to number 2 and its gears of war..The screenshot on the bottom left looks NICE. I think it possesses the best graphics that i've ever seen from this game. (Im not a GOW nut, I dont see what all the hub ub is about...I'd rather have Higher poly models and some nice texturing than "lets fake most geometry". Dont get me wrong though, it looks amazing but its not my best of nextgen) And the top left shot shows a locust getting his arm blown off which looks cool. The model on the top right looks amazing though! Ok so I flip the page and ..........

Its ARMY OF TWO looking A-****in-Mazing, this game has some NICE lighting. I remember seeing this in motion ,when the two guys were riding a boat to a larger ship, and i was blown away by that. I want to see all of these scenes in motion. Its really exciting knowing that this game is built FOR co-op....This game looks sooo badass. I mean, you have to sink that ship that they are riding to!!! There's also fork lifting for the SHENMUE fans...but with a machine gun on the fork with one of the guys manning the gun while the other is driving the forklift!
And at the bottom you see that one guy's injured and the other player is carrying him while shooting at some badguys...(texturing on the rock in the back is nice..)

I wish I could post the scans but I cant...
I cant wait for this game!

Lol If old then Im a stupido and I will resign from posting a new thread for a while!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yeah the scans do look amazing, im definately looking forward to it.
AI sounds very interesting.

mr_nothin

Banned
Its also funny how their mask are based on real military tech...
But yea, everything about htis game is compelling...
EA FTW?

Kabouter

Heard it wasn't all that great at E3. AI teammate kept refusing orders and I also heard the camera was still pretty clunky.

But then again, it's still early, and the concept is awesome.

IAmNude

Banned
Kabouter said:
Heard it wasn't all that great at E3. AI teammate kept refusing orders and I also heard the camera was still pretty clunky.

But then again, it's still early, and the concept is awesome.

Who cares about the AI teammate? In the real game the teammate will be an online friend.

artist

Banned
1. Army of Two
2. Gears of War
3. Mass Effect
4. Okami
5. Resistance:Fall of Man
6. Bioshock
7. Assasin's Creed
8. Locoroco
9. Heavenly Sword
10. Saints Row
11. Wii Sports
12. Elite Beat Agents
13. Singstar
14. Brooktown High:Senior Year
15. Lost Planet
16. Lair
17. Alan Wake
18. Stanglehold
19. Bully
20. Frontlines:Fuel of War
21. The Club
22. Eight Days
23. Heavy Rain
24. Huxley
25. Timeshift
26. Naughty Dog Project
27. Eye of Judgement
28. Just Cause
29. Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
30. Lunar Nights
31. Every Extend Extra
32. Disaster: Day of Crisis
33. God Hand
34. Hot Pxl
35. Ninety-Nine Nights
36. Yakuza
37. Dark Sector
38. Overlord
39. Hotel Dusk:Room 215
40. Bladestorm:The Hundred Years' War
41. Dead Rising
42. Rogue Galaxy
43. Rule of Rose
44. Fatal Inertia
45. Contact
46. Crackdown
47. Elebits
48. Blue Dragon
49. Cipher Complex
50. DS Air

What happened to MGS4 you ****ers.

irfan said:
1. Army of Two
2. Gears of War
3. Mass Effect
4. Okami
6. Bioshock
7. Assasin's Creed
8. Locoroco
9. Heavenly Sword
10. Saints Row
11. Wii Sports
12. Elite Beat Agents
13. Singstar
15. Lost Planet
16. Lair
17. Alan Wake
18. Stanglehold
19. Bully
21. The Club
22. Eight Days
23. Heavy Rain
24. Huxley
25. Timeshift
26. Naughty Dog Project
27. Eye of Judgement
28. Just Cause
29. Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
30. Lunar Nights
31. Every Extend Extra
33. God Hand
34. Hot Pxl
35. Ninety-Nine Nights
36. Yakuza
37. Dark Sector
38. Overlord
41. Dead Rising
42. Rogue Galaxy
43. Rule of Rose
44. Fatal Inertia
45. Contact
46. Crackdown
47. Elebits
48. Blue Dragon
49. Cipher Complex
50. DS Air

What happened to MGS4 you ****ers.

:lol I'm really interested in knowing what's impressed them so much about Resistance. I have heard that the game looks noticeably improved from its E3 showing, which was decent in its ownright. Looks like the game impresses EGM.

Gigglepoo

Kabouter said:

Don't believe everything you hear. It was one of the 3 coolest games I saw at the show (Mass Effect and BioShock the other two). Yes, the AI doesn't always follow orders, but only if you mess stuff up. In the video they showed at E3, your AI teammate gives you flack about taking a sniping shot because last time you messed it up. Makes sense, right?

The camera is fine. Who are you listening to anyway?

Gigglepoo

Wait a second...

Bully?

This game isn't coming out still, is it?

EDIT - To the people complaining about where stuff is ranked: why do you even care? It's just a list of 50 new IPs to watch for. Who cares if a game you really want is ranked slightly below one you don't care about.

One more thing, was Viva Pinata not on the list because it's being made into a cartoon? Or because they don't think it's one of the 50 IPs to watch for? Because it is a new IP even though it's being licensed to other media (TV and toys and crap).

Saint's Row above Lost Planet and Dead Rising.. :lol

apparently Capcom didn't feel like paying for a slot. do you think they had set amounts for each ranking? :b

IAmNude

Banned
meltpotato said:
Saint's Row above Lost Planet and Dead Rising.. :lol

apparently Capcom didn't feel like paying for a slot. do you think they had set amounts for each ranking? :b

You know, Saints Row will be a AAA game right? After all the people who played the demo, it isn't a game you make fun of.

Speevy

Banned
Multiplatform

1. Army of Two
6. Bioshock
18. Stanglehold
21. The Club
28. Just Cause
49. Cipher Complex
37. Dark Sector

Xbox 360

2. Gears of War
3. Mass Effect
10. Saints Row
15. Lost Planet
17. Alan Wake
24. Huxley
25. Timeshift
38. Overlord
48. Blue Dragon
35. Ninety-Nine Nights
41. Dead Rising
46. Crackdown

PS2:

4. Okami
19. Bully
36. Yakuza
33. God Hand
42. Rogue Galaxy
43. Rule of Rose

PS3

7. Assasin's Creed
9. Heavenly Sword
13. Singstar
16. Lair
26. Naughty Dog Project
27. Eye of Judgement
44. Fatal Inertia
22. Eight Days
23. Heavy Rain

PSP:

8. Locoroco
31. Every Extend Extra
34. Hot Pxl

DS:

12. Elite Beat Agents
30. Lunar Nights
45. Contact
50. DS Air

Wii:

11. Wii Sports
29. Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
47. Elebits

artist

Banned
IAmNude said:
You know, Saints Row will be a AAA game right? After all the people who played the demo, it isn't a game you make fun of.
What changed after playing the demo? I always thought it would be a good game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
do they say anything about the list's method? because i can't work it out at all. it can't just be a list of overlooked or underappreciated games, cos there's gears of war at #2...nor can it be a list of 2006 games. and yet there's project h.a.m.m.e.r. at #29 something, and there's mgs4 at #nowhere.

and yeah, army of two at #1...advertorial ftw.

Gigglepoo

Drohne, the list is just 50 new IPs to look forward to. Nothing more to it.

And I have no idea why Speevy is saying my name. There wasn't anything else to this post other than offering helpful advice.

Warm Machine said:
Yes, Rockstar Vancouver still exists and the game is said to be only weeks away from completion now.

I can't wait. Isn't it coming from the same wing of Rockstar that created The Warriors? That game was the best action title of last gen, so I'm pretty stoked for Bully.

Kittonwy

Banned
Pedigree Chum said:
:lol I'm really interested in knowing what's impressed them so much about Resistance. I have heard that the game looks noticeably improved from its E3 showing, which was decent in its ownright. Looks like the game impresses EGM.

Do you know if there are any new screens of Resistance? The game was already running incredibly smoothly at E3 but if they can up the graphics it would be very nice.

GeoramA

Kittonwy said:
Do you know if there are any new screens of Resistance? The game was already running incredibly smoothly at E3 but if they can up the graphics it would be very nice.
Or some footage of the 32-player death-matches that were played behind closed doors. There's so much we haven't seen it's driving me nuts!

GeoramA said:
Or some footage of the 32-player death-matches that were played behind closed doors. There's so much we haven't seen it's driving me nuts!
That was on the floor. Half the stations were single player, half of them were MP (with testers off-site making up the remaining 32 players)

Locoroco ahead of Heavenly Sword and Lair? That's interesting. I'll have to track this issue down so I can figure out how they are ranking these.

mr_nothin

Banned
"Enough of the sequels and licensed crap, already! We count down the most exciting original titles headed your way"

Quote from EGM

Gigglepoo

Inquisitor said:
Locoroco ahead of Heavenly Sword and Lair? That's interesting. I'll have to track this issue down so I can figure out how they are ranking these.

Very few of these games are actually complete (Okami, Locoroco and Rose). They aren't being ranked at all. It's just a list of 50 games to be excited about.

Shawn128

mr_nothin said:
Ok, I walk into the house and my mom hands me my new EGM magazine for the month and I see "Army of Two" on the cover...
Wow, that looks pretty cool..I think to myself.
So I start scrolling through the magazine and I see that they have a Top 50 New Games list.
Ok so I start getting up to number nine, which is Heavenly Sword and to my surprise, when i get to number 5...its Resistance. It has one or 2 new screenshots I think, the new large screen reminds me of timesplitters sooo much that it makes me want a TS4 for NEXTGEN :(...Hopefully it comes. So I get to number 2 and its gears of war..The screenshot on the bottom left looks NICE. I think it possesses the best graphics that i've ever seen from this game. (Im not a GOW nut, I dont see what all the hub ub is about...I'd rather have Higher poly models and some nice texturing than "lets fake most geometry". Dont get me wrong though, it looks amazing but its not my best of nextgen) And the top left shot shows a locust getting his arm blown off which looks cool. The model on the top right looks amazing though! Ok so I flip the page and ..........

Its ARMY OF TWO looking A-****in-Mazing, this game has some NICE lighting. I remember seeing this in motion ,when the two guys were riding a boat to a larger ship, and i was blown away by that. I want to see all of these scenes in motion. Its really exciting knowing that this game is built FOR co-op....This game looks sooo badass. I mean, you have to sink that ship that they are riding to!!! There's also fork lifting for the SHENMUE fans...but with a machine gun on the fork with one of the guys manning the gun while the other is driving the forklift!
And at the bottom you see that one guy's injured and the other player is carrying him while shooting at some badguys...(texturing on the rock in the back is nice..)

I wish I could post the scans but I cant...
I cant wait for this game!

Lol If old then Im a stupido and I will resign from posting a new thread for a while!

pics?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Inquisitor said:
Most review sites still think HS is an arena based fighter.
Boy are they in for a surprise.

Bad_Boy said:
Most review sites still think HS is an arena based fighter.
Boy are they in for a surprise.

Last year people thought it was nothing more htan a next gen Dynasty Warriors clone. I wonder what it'll be next time they show it? :p

Kittonwy said:

No new screens that I know of, but I've heard that they've added a lot of effects that weren't present in its E3 showing. When you say it "was already running incredibly smooth at E3," do you mean it was running at 60fps?

mikeGFG

Banned
Pedigree Chum said:
No new screens that I know of, but I've heard that they've added a lot of effects that weren't present in its E3 showing. When you say it "was already running incredibly smooth at E3," do you mean it was running at 60fps?

IIRC, Multiplayer was 60 and Singleplayer was 30.

mikeGFG

Banned
Can't someone just post screen captures from the 1UP show? I'm sure all the stills they showed were also featured in the EGM layout.

Mike G.E.D. said:
IIRC, Multiplayer was 60 and Singleplayer was 30.

Yep, alot of people still think its strange that its not the other way around.

AoT's graphics really makes you wonder what EA is doing to NFS. It's one of their biggest series yet out of all their games (original or existing franchises) it looks the most like a port up with the exception of Burnout and the Godfather.

SolidSnakex said:
Yep, alot of people still think its strange that its not the other way around.

I'm actually worried about how the single player will turn out. Supposedly, Insomniac has added a lot of new effects and improved the graphics, which makes me wonder if what was shown at E3 -- a pretty smooth running FPS -- will culminate into a choppy mess. That they're aiming for 30fps, when the game looked 60fps at E3, means that they may be going the "add tons of effects with a reduced framerate" route.

Not sure if I like that.

Top Bottom