• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowhead Games: "We want to be the next From Software or Blizzard"

Based on the responses, I’m wondering if I should save this thread for the off-chance that they make 2 more back to back best selling games.

There’s a lot of potential for crow to be served.
You don't even have to go that far. In the same article linked in the OP they mentioned that the OG Helldivers sold 4 million units which is new information and also very impressive feat for a brand new AA IP. These guys def know what they're doing.

The firm was a successful developer already. The first Helldivers game sold four million copies, while Magicka was also a breakout hit. "They were all massive games in their genres," Pilestedt observes.

Rocinante618

Neo Member
What is "The West"?

640px-Clash_of_Civilizations_mapn2.png

FeralEcho

One of those things is not like the other...WTF are they talking about,hell even if they did mean old Blizzard which is dead and buried it still had a different philosophy than From.

Such a weird statement that somehow doesn't surprise me when it comes to game devs nowadays since most of them have not the slightest idea why their games are even successful in the first place.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
But blizzard merged into Activision then sold to Microsoft.

That said, they shouldve made enough money to last at least 30 years. Game sold 12 million at $40 so $480 million. 30% steam and PSN cut gets them around $340 million. a small studio like them should be able to make 10 $30 million games like helldivers 2.

I thought we all assumed HD2 cost between $50-$80 million to make.

Last edited:
Top Bottom