• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artwork from the cancelled Quake 4 expansion NSFW warning

I love this biomechanical art style. Patiently waiting for nostalgia for that era to hit. Maybe we'll get more games like this.
Also Quake 4 was great. I liked it more than FEAR and COD 2. I think they all came out the same week, and Serious Sam 2 (lol) a week earlier. Great times for a shooter fan!

Last edited:

wipeout364

Not really feeling it with these. I feel like they are not practice and lean towards the grotesque which is more doom then quake 2 and 4 for me. Ritual did the sin games right, I thought they were very overrated so likely dodged a bullet with this. The Last game they did was that episodic one that never made it past epidsode 1 .

wipeout364

I love this biomechanical art style. Patiently waiting for nostalgia for that era to hit. Maybe we'll get more games like this.
Also Quake 4 was great. I liked it more than FEAR and COD 2. I think they all came out the same week, and Serious Sam 2 (lol) a week earlier. Great times for a shooter fan!

Gonna have to disagree with that, FEAR was a much better game then quake 4. Quake 4 is one of the worst IMO in the id catalogue or that wolfenstein that Raven did. And I actually love Quake 1, 2 and 3.

iconmaster

Banned
I remember watching a friend play the original Quake and finding it creepy, almost scary. By contrast these designs seem not only SFW, but tame.

Maybe it's I who've changed though.

Gonna have to disagree with that, FEAR was a much better game then quake 4. Quake 4 is one of the worst IMO in the id catalogue or that wolfenstein that Raven did. And I actually love Quake 1, 2 and 3.

I like Raven's Wolfenstein more than TNO...
I'll admit Quake 4 didn't age very well, the shotgun is... lacking and up to the stroggification you're suspiciously slow.

I remember watching a friend play the original Quake and finding it creepy, almost scary. By contrast these designs seem not only SFW, but tame.

Maybe it's I who've changed though.

This is the sequel to Quake 2, which was supposed to be a new IP. The first one is still creepy, especially with Trent Reznor's sound restored. 2 and 4 are all about oppressive industrial settings and extravagant body horror. 4 feels especially grungy and heavy.

Nice art, but I never really liked the Strogg or the direction the series went after the first game. I had hoped they would go back to the Lovecraftian roots but when they revealed 4, I knew it was over for that dream.

Kururu

Sir Laughs-A-Lot
Staff Member
Why is this NSFW?

Imagine if you're at work, your boss walks over and asks if you've got the latest TPS report. He looks at your monitor, you have a dick cannon alien on your screen. Imagine telling your boss what a "Quake" is. Now you're in a meeting with Bobs, all because you didn't have a NSFW tag.

Thank OP for saving you a meeting.

Nice art, but I never really liked the Strogg or the direction the series went after the first game. I had hoped they would go back to the Lovecraftian roots but when they revealed 4, I knew it was over for that dream.

Machine Games released an expansion for Quake's 20th anniversary. Now that Wolfenstein tanked, why not bring back the original Quake? Its original design is close to what the old Starbreeze used to make.

Neth

Neo Member
I don´t know... The drawings are not explicit at all, also you need to put some atention to see the dick references, not something that happens just in a quick look at your screen in a meeting or something
Anyway, if my boss catch me watching like this during my work, the problem is not about the "dick" art, is because I´m browsing some forums instead of working :p

I work in the medical technology field, if I'm not looking at or drawing pictures of mechanical dicks I'm not doing my job.

lifa-cobex

Imagine if you're at work, your boss walks over and asks if you've got the latest TPS report. He looks at your monitor, you have a dick cannon alien on your screen. Imagine telling your boss what a "Quake" is. Now you're in a meeting with Bobs, all because you didn't have a NSFW tag.

Thank OP for saving you a meeting.

My boss just said they looks awesome.
But then he love's 40k so what can you do?

Top Bottom