• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

as three groups of refugees walked across the border into Quebec, Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Shouldn't be surprised I suppose. They probably heard of Trudeau's tweet and think things will be better there.

Shouldn't be surprised I suppose. They probably heard of Trudeau's tweet and think things will be better there.
This.
Expecting many more to come. Just like in Germany.

"You're all welcome" - thousands ans thousands get there - "oh shit that's too many of em how do we get rid of those refugees"

Why were they arrested? I thought canada was more welcoming than that!

These people need help!

proceedure,
I was watching footage on CBC, they have to arrest anyone crossing over illegally.

they handcuffed people crossing illegally the border, gently placed their luggage in the back of an RCMP van, gently placed the toddler in the back seat, folded the baby stroller and placed it in the trunck, adults remained cuffed when being seated in the van.

Drugs and arms traffickers are known to cross over, cops are just doing their jobs by the book

I think Canada should terminate the third safe country agreement. If the US stops honoring and accepting refugees than it's a clear violation of that agreement. While the ban is suspended, Trump already promised another set of executive orders.

Volimar

I think Canada should terminate the third safe country agreement. If the US stops honoring and accepting refugees than it's a clear violation of that agreement. While the ban is suspended, Trump already promised another set of executive orders.

I imagine that the Canadian government is keeping an eye on their own influx before deciding on what to do about this. Canada is a huge nation but it doesn't necessarily have the infrastructure for ungodly masses of refugees.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure politicians here won't spin this to their advantage in the current climate, not at all.

...we're approaching a Trumpist-like meltdown, huh? :(

people need to calm down, people in the footage on CBC were handled with calm, care and gentleness.

2ndly, many American made firearms cross the Canadian border illegally because the USA is a cesspool of firearms and they flow into Canada's borders illegally

I imagine that the Canadian government is keeping an eye on their own influx before deciding on what to do about this. Canada is a huge nation but it doesn't necessarily have the infrastructure for ungodly masses of refugees.

Crossing the borders illegally could actually make it less safe for Canada overall. I think that Canada should at least accept refugees and asylum seekers from the countries affected by the ban.

jstripes

Banned
Some of these people aren't real refugees, they are just using this opportunity to hop across the boarder.

Why would you risk being deported and barred for life? They don't just say "Oh, you're a refugee?" and let you in. There's a whole procedure they go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom