• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asia Nikkei: Koei Tecmo Holdings seen turning record profit this fiscal year

Tripon

TOKYO -- Video game developer Koei Tecmo Holdings is expected to log a 42% surge in group operating profit to just under 12 billion yen ($110 million) for the year ending March 2018, topping records for the first time in two years on strong new titles developed and sold with partners.

Sales will likely rise 14% to about 42 billion yen. Koei Tecmo is releasing "Fire Emblem Warriors" for Nintendo's new Switch console this fall. It is also planning new games under its popular "Nobunaga's Ambition" and "Dynasty Warriors" franchises

http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Toky...s-seen-turning-record-profit-this-fiscal-year

TreIII

All eyes will be on Dynasty Warriors 9 aka Shin Sangoku Musou 8 to keep KT's fortunes going.

But bravo to KT. They've been having a good streak of wins these last few fiscal years.

No worries, Nintendo will fund Fatal Frame 6 for Switch.

Hot damn, now I got something else I hope will be announced at TGS later this year...

TreIII

Ugh... I hope not! Rather it be multiplatform like the first three at the VERY least.

Sorry, bruh. Nintendo basically co-owns Fatal Frame at this point. It's why the last few games, remakes and side-projects have all been Nintendo exclusive.

Here's hoping they can pull off open world in DW.

Same. It's hopefully going to be something special. At the very least, they're talking about revamping combat systems on top of open world, while still bringing back all of the 80+ chars from DW8E. I dunno how they intend to do all this, but I'm ready to see it.

hm i wonder what happened? oh yeah that's right:

nioh-box-art-511x640.png

K-T has done some great work into getting those earnings. Porting their games to PC albeit not in the best job a port can be, Nioh, and using the Dynasty Warriors engine for other third party franchises.

More Warriors games are going to come out (like Fire Emblem), Nioh also is a no-brainer to have a sequel. If they can work on getting their PC porting to a more qualified standard, K-T is looking to be pretty damn sweet. Heck and this is without their star franchise, Ninja Gaiden.

JJD

Nintendo Co-Owns the franchise, it ain't going to be multiplatform if it ever gets made.

Nintendo does not own or co-own the Fatal Frame IP. They only own the rights for the games they have funded and published. Koei Tecmo can release new games (and the PS2 ones) on whatever platform they choose.

Unknown?

Nintendo does not own Fatal Frame. They only own the rights for the games they have published. Koei Tecmo can release new games (and the PS2 ones) on whatever platform they choose.
Hmmm this sounds more realistic. Nintendo is the reason it continued for funding it just like how Street Fighter V was funded by Sony.

Nairume

Banned
Nintendo does not own or co-own the Fatal Frame IP. They only own the rights for the games they have funded and published. Koei Tecmo can release new games (and the PS2 ones) on whatever platform they choose.
There's a bunch of reports from 2012 saying they do/did co-own, albeit most all pointing back to the same source.

That said, the only source I can find refuting it is a short lived thread from here.

edit:
Actually, reading the thread from here, the "evidence'" refuting that Nintendo co-owns it is legal information listed on Project Zero 2 Wii's box, which was released before reports started coming out saying that Nintendo now co-owned it.

There's a bunch of reports from 2012 saying they do/did co-own, albeit most all pointing back to the same source.

That said, the only source I can find refuting it is a short lived thread from here.

edit:
Actually, reading the thread from here, the "evidence'" refuting that Nintendo co-owns it is legal information listed on Project Zero 2 Wii's box, which was released before reports started coming out saying that Nintendo now co-owned it.
It's likely that they do co-own the IP for all releases IV and beyond.

It's pretty weird that people even reference that thread when OP's 'evidence' is incredibly shaky at best.

Maxinas

Hmm FE Warriors, slightly forgot about that game. They need to start hyping it up with constant new character reveals until its release.

Tyaren

As I do in all Koei Tecmo is on a winning streak threads:
Alright, now bring on DOA6! You've earned your fair share of cash with Last Round's costume DLC too, please move on.

Oregano

Nintendo has no ownership of the Project Zero/Fatal Frame IP but if Koei Tecmo didn't need Nintendo's support they would have never made the last one exclusive to the Wii U.

Nairume

Banned
It's likely that they do co-own the IP for all releases IV and beyond.

It's pretty weird that people even reference that thread when OP's 'evidence' is incredibly shaky at best.
Even if we are going to go by the information on the PZ2 Wii box noting TK as sole owner as evidence, it actually does look like something changed for PZ5.

m8HlboW.jpg

Top Bottom