• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows Release November 15, 2024

Larxia

Let me guess.
Generic characters, boring story, possibly amazing freedom and world map but with the most dull game design ever which will make you want to give up after a few hours.
Climb a tower, syncronize, do a few activities, they are all the same, and if you have the chance to find something that you haven't done before, you know it will be a template for something that will be copy and pasted 1000 times into the map.

I really cannot stand this anymore, and I used to be a fan of the series during the first few episodes, but really, I can't stand these ubisoft (and other similar) open worlds anymore. Playing something while knowing already exactly everything you're going to do is a terrible feeling. There's no excitement, no magic, no immersion, it just feels like work at some point.

I really need games with more original experiences, where you discover new things while playing.

Certinty

Will give it a go if it’s a shorter focused non-RPG like Mirage.

Anything like Odyssey (the most bloated and repetitive game ever made) and i’m instantly out.

by the time i'd finally made it to the end of tsushima, my desire to play open-world samurai games was well beyond completely sated. just as with rise of the ronin, i'm gonna need a generous sale discount for this one...

Gore and limb dismemberment was disappointing, but at least it didn't feel like you were cutting through paper. Enemies had weight to them and parrying was very solid. Don't remember scripted death animations, but regardless, I think your opinion is in the minority. The combat wasn't deep but it was satisfying, and the game did a good job making you feel like a badass all the way through. No AC game comes close to Ghost's combat, and Ghost isn't even great, only good
That because it's paired animation compare to ubisoft hotbox dude it's literally ac combat before ac orgins

Wunray

Cinematic trailers should be reserved for exspansions of games, not entirely new games and entries........although with ascreed you can sort of make an argument there...

TrebleShot

2024 and these companies think we give a single fuck about CGI thematic trailers it's embarrassing.

Combined with their shitty launcher on PC and they can do one.

Buggy Loop

CGI Story trailer..

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Couldn't have dropped my interest further than it already was. it's digging its way to the other side of the planet.

Fbh

Cinematic world premiere? So a CGI trailer that's going to tell us what we already know from the leaks while not providing any gameplay. Lame.

Either way it's an AC so I expect:
- Decent graphics
- Cool setting
- Terrible story and writing
- Boring stealth
- Boring combat
- Boring traversal
- Boring world design filled with repetitive activities

We already got this with GOT, except the story was at least half decent, unlike most Ubisoft games.

Anyone else tired of announcements of announcements?

Sick and fucking tired of it. Happens with movies too. Don't know what the reason is for this stupidity. I miss the days I log on and just see a trailer or something.

And someone actually has to sit there and put together this 15 second shit. Like why?

Last edited:

Nigel

6iXSuB5.gif

You what love?

I take it you dont know Assassins Creed games huh?
Considering AC RPG fans have been waiting for this since 2020, its set in Japan..............10 million units would be low.
You can bet on that.
One of the protagonists is apparently not Japanese which will annoy people. It’s a debate that’ll likely devour its success.

Zathalus

People complaining about historical accuracy seems to have never played an AC game before. Probably hated Ghost of Tsushima as well.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
One of the protagonists is apparently not Japanese which will annoy people. It’s a debate that’ll likely devour its success.
Don't be silly.
It's an assassins creed game.
10 million units easy work.
I wouldn't even be shocked if it breaks Valhallas record while being on fewer systems.

A black samurai/ronin isn't going to change its success.
You put to much weight in the voices of the anti-woke.

People eat these games up and have been waiting for a full RPG AC since Valhalla in 2020.....it's set in Japan no less.....umpf.

There will be conversation around the protag no doubt, but that will be from the usual commentators who don't account for even 1% of the people who buy AC games.
They are a super vocal minority.....a vast vast minority.

Need to remember that Twitter accounts for so little of the gaming market at large using Twitter metrics is borderline useless.

If we used online discourse you'd be led to believe FarCry and Assassins Creed don't sell.....when in truth along with Rainbow Six those 3 games are constantly pushing Ubisofts earnings.
Ghost Recon on the other hand.....you know it suffering because no one even bothers complaining.

Internet discourse is usually out of touch....there's people on this very forum....a forum of supposedly initiated gamers who legit think Cyberpunk was a Bomba.

SJRB

Gold Member
I like how we know basically nothing about this game, it hasn't even been officially revealed yet but we do already know the season pass will cost 40 dollars and give access to a quest called "Origami Killer".

It's hard not to be cynical about stuff like this.

Black_Stride

Can you imagine if the setting was African feudal wartime story, and the protag was... white skinned Japanese dude

If he's Portuguese bring it on.
Dem ninjas have been up to no good forever, one of them being a member of the hidden ones wouldn't be so out there......would just be sad to know the bad guys are destined to win.

sigmaZ

Assassin's Creed Shadows releases November 15 for Xbox Series X, PS5, PC

Season pass will cost $40 and will give you access to a questline called “Origami Killer” Pre-Order is something called “Thrown to the Dogs”

Header_3.gif

Wowwie woo woo.
さあ、どれだけWokeにするか楽しみだな!

Audiophile

I hate CGI trailers generally, though I will concede that ACI, ACII, AC:B & AC:R had great, iconic trailers that really conveyed the tone of the games and which take a strong place in videogame history. Though it was understandable then as real-time visuals from the game would have looked terrible in such trailers.

Everything since however has sucked; and at this point with a full current-gen PS5/XS title, they should be in-engine at a minimum and ideally show some gameplay even if it's with cinematic direction for the sake of a reveal or just snippets intercut with the rest.

M0G

It's amazing how much I just don't care now. Valhalla was horrible, Mirage was better but their business practices are beyond scummy. The erasure of The Crew from customers libraries and the Outlaws turd launch says it all. Ubisoft have had so much of my money in the last few decades and they just don't deserve it any more. I think they'd need to release an Assassin's Creed game set at the height of the roman empire with the whole empire as a map before I got excited for one of their games again. Naughty little techno-gypsies.

Stafford

People seem surprised about the cinematic trailer but it was to be expected. Wasn't the first reveal of Mirage a cinematic trailer as well? And then gameplay during their own show?

Black_Stride

It is woke. Yasuke was never a samurai, he held no power, and had no real impact on Japan or Japanese history.

The Animus can let us travel into the memories of our ancestors through DNA bullshit......wait now the animus just let's anyone travel into anyone's memories right?......that's all okay.
But a black samurai..........that's a bridge too far.

Lol.

Lunarorbit

An announcement of an announcement is the most backwards thing the marketing industry invented. This is ridiculous.

It took so long for an AC in Japan that we already got two games that fill that niche with Ghost of Tsushima and Rise of the Ronin. No way Ubisoft doesn't fumble this with their certified Ubi Formula.
People were telling them for over 20 years to make a Japanese ass creed. No idea why they never did. Now it'll just be compared to those games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The Animus can let us travel into the memories of our ancestors through DNA bullshit......wait now the animus just let's anyone travel into anyone's memories right?......that's all okay.
But a black samurai..........that's a bridge too far.

Lol.

Not at all what I said. Maybe Era is more your speed since you lack basic reading comprehension?

EDMIX

People were telling them for over 20 years to make a Japanese ass creed. No idea why they never did. Now it'll just be compared to those games.
ok, and?

lol People where telling them in 2004 to make a Japanese Assassin's Creed? So on PS2?

Fuck are you talking about? lol

Also, it can be compared to probably lots of games, but the goal should be to make a great game sir, not who the fuck made something FIRST... So if they already have many games planned, I'm fine with this coming out when they actually want to put something out vs a rush to not be compared lol

My guy out here wants to be good by default of nothing else to compare to or something, this is just a horrid mindset to have about creating things, so lets hope their focus is on making a good game first man. Even as someone that got Ghost Of Tsushima day 1, I also got Ronin day 1 and will also get this game day 1 too.

Not everything needs to be compared.

Top Bottom