• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 releasing on October 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii

cH3fY.jpg

p6Hzw.jpg

Well, this is interesting. A Best Buy worker just emailed us two images snapped from their employee news section. One shows that Ubisoft will be unveiling Assassin's Creed III on March 5, and that there'll be pre-order bonuses to be had. Whatever.

The other is a shot of what they say is the game's promotional art. Featuring what may well be Assassin's Creed III's star.

If this is legitimate, and remember, this is completely unconfirmed, it appears that the chatter placing the third game in the series in the American Revolution is spot-on. In the background is the original Continental flag, the Assassin is wearing an 18th-century military jacket and from his weaponry, jewellery and resemblance to actor Wes Studi he appears to be Native American. Or, since you'd expect he's still part of hero Desmond's bloodline, half-Native American.

http://kotaku.com/5885377/assassins-creed-3-launching-october-13

Edit: DATE IS OCTOBER 30TH, not 13th

Excerpt:

Assassin's Creed 3

October 1330

said today

investors

Much earlier than usual must be trying to get time on it's own especially with the possibilty of gtav,halo 4 to contend with alongside the usual cod.

Edit: oh the 30th that makes much more sense.

NHale

The only surprise is the October release instead of the usual November release for every AC game (and sold very well).

Maybe Ubi knows something we don't...

EDIT - It must be a mistake because Oct 13th is a Saturday and Nov 13th is a Tuesday, so Kotaku probably messed up the month.

Averon

Resident Evil 6, The Last of US, Black Ops 2, Ass Creed 3, Halo 4, GTAV, The Wii U launch and all its launch games. All that is coming in holiday 2012. Gotta start saving now.

No Bioshock: Infinite?

Good catch. Add that to the list.

rataven

I am so, so ready.

Interesting they're bumping it to October rather than the usual release around Thanksgiving.

Cannot wait. I love these games so much and I admire Ubisoft for not giving up or dropping the ball after the lukewarm response to the original. It's been fantastic to watch the games get better and better and I'm genuinely interested in how the story is playing out.

One of the best new IP's this gen, if not my favorite.

I gotta finish Revelations, but I'm really excited for this franchise to actually move forward. I'm totally ready for a new assassin.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Day one. I love the series, warts and all. I just hope Ubi had the sense to take Portatetris outside and shoot in the head.

maybe the pc version wont get delayed this time

either way

INWH0.gif

Revelations arrived on the PC a couple of weeks later then its console counterparts, so I imagine the same will be true of 3. Personally, though, I don't see the point in arbitrary delays for non-Steamworks games seeing as they're virtually always* leaked during this incubation period, thus negating the purpose of the delay.

* Always, except in cases of new and peculiar DRM, such as Starforce and Ubi's own online permanence - both of which have been bested.

Muffdraul

I liked Revelations more than Brotherhood, and I liked Brotherhood quite a bit. So my body is ready, with zero "omg it is too soon cmon ubi AC is not COD!!!" bullshit sentiments. Bring it on. I expect AC3 proper will blow AC2.1 and AC2.2 out of the water. I'm sure they've been working on it for a lot longer than we know.

rataven

GameInformer will probably do a cover reveal again. I think they've done one for every game since II.

So April or May cover? And then CG trailer at E3. Yessss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom