• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Zapages

Dead said:
The extra levels will probably DLC in the future but I think the CE is worth it. 2 extra levels, Steelbook case, artbook, bonus DVD and figure makes up a fine CE imo...

I am deciding whether the extra 30 dollars are worth the it, considering the great Amazon deal that they are having right now.

Don't really care about the steal-good place store stuff, I guess.

I bought AC 1, when it was 37 dollars on BB deal a while back...

Do you guys know how much the DLCs are going to be worth?

Dead

well not really...yet
Zapages said:
I am deciding whether the extra 30 dollars are worth the it, considering the great Amazon deal that they are having right now.

Don't really care about the steal-good place store stuff, I guess.

I bought AC 1, when it was 37 dollars on BB deal a while back...

Do you guys know how much the DLCs are going to be worth?
its $20 extra actually

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I would've understand if they announced the PC version to be coming later in the beginning but they shouldn't have done it after saying it would come day and date with the console versions. They probably even knew it wouldn't release the same day.

Solo

I support this thread! AC2 could very well be my GOTY if they iron out the issues the frst had. All indications so far are they they have.

mjc

I'm not getting burned this time by the CE. I remember getting the CE for the first game and it came in a massive tin case with the game inside, a little artbook/Penny Arcade comic, and an Altair figure that was as big as my little pinky. The regular edition is fine with me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:
Will wait for actual gamer opinion on this one considering every review of AC1 scored it ridiculously high for the shambles it was.

This.
Got burned once, won't happen again.

REALLY hope this is as good as the first.

Because I saw what was hopefully a very early build of the PS3 version running a few days ago at eGames in Melbourne and it was running choppy as all fuck.

Anyone got their hands on a review build to see if this is the case?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
No CE for me and no extra cash for Ubi since I refuse to buy from Gamestop (retail exclusive editions suck just as much as retail exclusive dlc). Would have bought the CE from Amazon or any other retailer quite happily though.

Still, I'm looking forward to the vanilla edition. Nolan North strikes again!

Ranger X

Chazz Michael Michaels said:
REALLY hope this is as good as the first.

Because I saw what was hopefully a very early build of the PS3 version running a few days ago at eGames in Melbourne and it was running choppy as all fuck.

Anyone got their hands on a review build to see if this is the case?

Both games are smooth now. Also, for some reasons the marketing dep cannot seem to release smooth footage, be it for Gametrailers or anyone else. Anyhow, the game is smooth 30fps when you play it. Both the 360 and PS3 version dip under 30fps in some instance where it's very busy and large but that's about it. Another interesting detail is that the 360 version is locked at 30fps but not the PS3 one. This means that while the PS3 will dip under 30 a little more often, you'll also benefit from some part in near 60fps.

Does anyone know how deep we can customize Ezio? I know his clothes can be dyed and you can add more armour and such, but can you walk around sans hood if you want, are you able to change hair styles or anything as well? Just curious.

Raw64life

AC1 was never really on my radar mostly due to the time of year it came out and from what I saw of it when I watched friends playing it it didn't look like something I just had to play. I usually don't pay attention to review scores but in this case they are going to go a long way in determining whether I get this or not.

Kagari said:
This.
Got burned once, won't happen again.

Yup. Everything I have seen so far hasn't convinced me they have fixed the major flaws of the first game. I really am hoping my intuition is wrong though.

The game certainly sounds promising, but then so did the first. I'm going to be a little more wary this time around, I'll probably wait a few days after release to get some other peoples impressions to see if some of the major issues from the first still linger.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The game looks amazing and I actually really enjoyed the first one so I am very excited. I will be getting it on the PC, though, so I have a while to wait unfortunately. I should be able to occupy my time with Dragon Age, Torchlight, Borderlands and Uncharted 2 until then, though.

gdt

I thought the first had a lot of potential, was was bogged down by repetitiveness + tech issues. Hopefully 2 can fix that.

Can't wait.

Pure rental material after the first game burned me so hard. And since its Ubisoft, I'm weary the game won't have an ending and that'll be Epilogue DLC a month later like Prince of Persia.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SecretBonusPoint said:
Pure rental material after the first game burned me so hard. And since its Ubisoft, I'm weary the game won't have an ending and that'll be Epilogue DLC a month later like Prince of Persia.
POP did not have a downloadable ending, stop spreading this nonsense. it had DLC that, while taking place chronologically after the ending of the game, did not advance the story in any meaningful way, or add any sense of closure.

direct your hate at a valid target, because this ain't one of them.

torontoml

SecretBonusPoint said:
This one will have a similar cliff hangar ending like the first one, as I believe they planned on a trilogy from the start.

Rad Agast

This is coming out this month? I guess staying away from all information regarding this one made me forget the release date. Damn November is a busy month. I'll have to order this some time this week.

Frawdder

I'm kind of looking forward to this. I enjoyed the beginning of the first game before it got repetitive, I still haven't finished it though, I'll get around to it eventually. I'll definitely wait for some impressions and then pick it up in December or January if it looks good.

Massa

Regarding subtitles see this article from last year:

Ubisoft to include subtitles in all in-house titles

Ubisoft has said that in order to make its games accessible to deaf and the hard of hearing, it plans to include subtitles in all its internally developed titles.

The first games released with subtitles will be Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia and Shaun White Snowboarding.

"This commitment entails modifications to some of our game engines, as well as the inclusion of subtitles in the conception phase of game development," stated the company.

The company has also created a game with charity Handicap International to support its AbilityTogether campaign, to help raise awareness of the realities of disability.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ubisoft-to-include-subtitles-in-all-in-house-titles

So yes, it will have them as every other Ubisoft game.

Anyway, regarding AC2; I really liked the first one but the atrocious story, writing and acting was a real turn off. I really hope they're significantly improved this time, otherwise I might just wait a few months to pick it up.

EagleEyes

polyh3dron said:
Uncharted 2 should have knocked Batman off easily.
Oh my gosh, somebody possibly couldn't have liked Batman better than Uncharted 2. I love U2 as much as the next but does it have to pop up in virtually every thread.

Costanza

Banned
chaostrophy said:
Does the NA version include an Italian voice track? That would be neat, it'd add to the ambience.
From the last AC2 thread:

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Don't know if its been mentioned yet but I like that you are able to select an option so that Ezio and co actually speak Italian.
so yeah

Prine

Banned
EagleEyes said:
Oh my gosh, somebody possibly couldn't have liked Batman better than Uncharted 2. I love U2 as much as the next but does it have to pop up in virtually every thread.

UC2 was awesome and runner for GOTY, but i find B:AA remains my GOTY. The fighting system and feeling of a badass has never been pulled off as well as B:AA.

I checked out Ryu Go Taku 3 the other night, the fighting and general level of polish was horrendous, felt 10 year too late, and made me grateful for B:AA.

Oh, and day one for AC2

JdFoX187

Banned
Fucking PC version had to go and get delayed. Oh well, still going to buy the collector's edition on the 360. <3 Assassin's Creed.

Spocker

Preordered the european Black Edition a while back.
assassins-creed-black-edition.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
I was wondering what happened to this thread. :lol

Can't wait for the release next week. I really want to see where the story goes.

Top Bottom