• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
daegan said:
Re: the hidden messages in glyph photos:

what's the cypher for the message hidden in the civil war photo in glyph 4? here's the message:
65 110 99 105 101 110
116 32 99 105 116 121
44 32 82 97 106 97 115
116 104 97 110 44 32
73 110 100 105 97 44
32 105 114 114 97 100
105 97 116 100 32
98 121 32 80 111 69

Ancient city, Rajasthan, India, irradiatd by PoE

that's what came out when I used ASCII code

Sai

I've got a story related question:
Maria is supposed to be the Templar that impersonated Robert De Sable in the first game, right? When exactly did Desmond find out her name? Dude just brought it up like it was old news. Was it mentioned in the first game? Did I miss it in one of Altair's Codex that you grab before that point?

I'm loving the Ember outfit
Photo-0130.jpg

Photo-0132.jpg

squicken

Regarding PSP junk

Why do the flashback to Acre if it's going to be about some chick in the PSP game? I guess the PSP game is why Desmond now has a scar?

Resistance PSP did crap to a much greater degree, and completely ruined whatever interest in the storyline I may have had for R2.

This isn't just gaming. Lost does that crap with webisodes and podcasts. Expanded universes suck.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
squicken said:
Regarding PSP junk

Why do the flashback to Acre if it's going to be about some chick in the PSP game? I guess the PSP game is why Desmond now has a scar?

Resistance PSP did crap to a much greater degree, and completely ruined whatever interest in the storyline I may have had for R2.

This isn't just gaming. Lost does that crap with webisodes and podcasts. Expanded universes suck.

uh what?
Maria was in Assassin's Creed for Ps3/360, she was the one who pretended to be richard? and then altair said that he would spare her life as she isn't his target?

mr.beers

Anyone have problems with autosave?

I played up to my 2nd assassination last night and go to play today and Im back as desmond!

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Regarding the story quote in the OP - I am unsure as to what it means. Will everything story-wise from the first game of AC1 be replayed in like a little film or something? I can't remember anything from AC1's story. :lol

Althoran

Prine said:
Part of the reason i adored AC1 was because of the potential Ubi Soft introduced with the games mechanics, and from reading impressions here/reviews seems like they fulfilled what i hoped for.

Im facinated by history and civilisation, which added to my love of AC1. Waiting for AC2 is tearing me up.

I agree on this with you Prine.
Seeing all these positive reviews tells me this is going to be a great game. Hopefully I have the game this weekend (shipped from UK) and then I will first finish this game and then continue on with Demon's Souls (which will take a lot longer than this game).

DrBo42

You can actually see some spoilerish Splinter Cell Conviction stuff via Uplay. Like there are accessories to collect for multiple uniforms in the game.

KAOz

Short bus special
squicken said:

You mean on the lip? If you do, that scar was there in the first game aswell. Altair also had it. As does Ezio.

calibre

Why do all the vids and screens I see have that awful 'soft focus'-almost-glowing look to them? Noticed it in UE3 titles too strangely. Seems to lack the sharpness of the original.

Obviously reserving final judgement until it's splashed across me plasma..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
calibre said:
Why do all the vids and screens I see have that awful 'soft focus'-almost-glowing look to them? Noticed it in UE3 titles too strangely. Seems to lack the sharpness of the original.

Obviously reserving final judgement until it's splashed across me plasma..

The character models can look weird(sans Desmond/Ezio), but I'm finding everything else to look fantastic. I'm not sure why the screens and vids are like that, but all of the vidocs for the game also had massive screentears and slowdown, so they didn't really promote the technical side very accurately.

Just got done playing for roughly 4 hours. Wow. Where did the time go?

The story is awesome thus far. Just passed DNA Sequence 5.
For the rest of the time I was just collecting treasure, feathers, and other side quests.
And the
city editor/renovation
stuff in Monteriggioni stuff is so fucking awesome.

Such. An. Awesome. Game.

For me its probably either this or the goddamn Batman for GOTY.
I just can't stop playing kind of deal.

Ubersnug

If anyone is interested, Play.com have some more Black editions back in stock at the time of this post

Black Edition.

Must have a few cancellations before the game was officially released.

However, my Black Edition should be with me today hopefully. Can't wait!

Solo

Blader5489 said:
Does this mean all the UC2 entries in the greatest games of all time thread will be substituted with AC2? :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Exactly the reason why I ranted in that thread about people posting games that were less than a year old (or in UC2's case, less than a MONTH old). Lolz.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Said to myself, I was gonna skip this for now and wait to buy it later...Yeah...that worked out well. Played 5:30 hours in a single sitting and found myself in fucking awe, the whole time. Goddamn, they nailed it this time. Every shitty feature of the original is gone and replaced by pure goddamn awesomeness. Fuck me, this might be the GOTY.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Glad to see this game get so much love. I thought AC1 was one of the best games of this gen, even though it got a lot of (imo undeserved) hate. AC2 was awesome. Gonna be replaying it soon.

Monocle

Damn, I'm too busy for a new game right now, but you can bet AC2 is second only to Bayonetta on my must play list. I'll have to be sure to pick this up sometime in January.

Solo said:
:lol :lol :lol

Exactly the reason why I ranted in that thread about people posting games that were less than a year old (or in UC2's case, less than a MONTH old). Lolz.

Yeah right, sorry folks. This game simply doesnt hold a candle to U2's story, presentation, or graphics. This is a great game and all but the first 30 minutes of this game is just running around as an errand boy. Really could have taken a few notes from U2's plot. Oh and the animations in U2 blow the doors off of anything in this game. But why bring up U2 in a AC2 thread?

TheExecutive said:
Yeah right, sorry folks. This game simply doesnt hold a candle to U2's story, presentation, or graphics. This is a great game and all but the first 30 minutes of this game is just running around as an errand boy. Really could have taken a few notes from U2's plot. Oh and the animations in U2 blow the doors off of anything in this game. But why bring up U2 in a AC2 thread?

Nice avatar

ShallNoiseUpon said:
What the fuck did they do to Lucy's model?

The cutscenes in this game are hard to look at. It's strange because walking around the city the game is beautiful and then when people turn around or a cutscene triggers I can't help but throw up a little in my mouth.

Porkepik

played all the evening yesterday , just did the first assassination, and I'm quite impressed, the errand tutorial was not so bad, so I just scratched teh full game but it is fun and very nice on my 106 inch screen :) There is a bit of tearing in the 360 version but it does not disturb me at all. U2 was prettier but the open world of ac2 feel more alive and is still quiet a beauty, .... nicely done Ubisoft.

Porkepik said:
played all the evening yesterday , just did the first assassination, and I'm quite impressed, the errand tutorial was not so bad, so I just scratched teh full game but it is fun and very nice on my 106 inch screen :) There is a bit of tearing in the 360 version but it does not disturb me at all. U2 was prettier but the open world of ac2 feel more alive and is still quiet a beauty, .... nicely done Ubisoft.

Yeah despite all of my complaining its a very fun game. I know I am going to play it as soon as I get home from work this evening.

jett said:
This game...this game...I may like it more than UC2. :0

This is like the most improved sequel of all time. OF ALL TIME.

I have to say it's promising to see that someone who has shared similar issues with the first game speak so highly about Assassin's Creed 2. Judging by the bulk of overly positive user impressions it seems the glowing reviews this time around aren't off base.

I think I'll grab it tomorrow, assuming I'm correct that it is released then.

itxaka

Defeatist
wow they are pushing this game like mad on tv here. Seen 3 ads for the game (Pretty good ones BTW) in an hour.

Is gonna sell gazillions.

JB1981

Anyone else just in love with this setting? The first game had a very harsh and cold quality about it. It was also a bit pretentious IMO. This game's setting is a lot more romantic and the NPCs are just awesome. Love Italians.

edit: is it really fucking locked? Travesty ... yet another reason why I bought that version over the 360 (two PS3s). Fucking unreal.

painey

the start feels so slow if you played the last one because you are playing ~3 hours until you unlock the features from the last game but it gets better.. the game is still criminally empty considering all the space and work they put in and all 3 cities are still too similar to each other and the last 3 cities.

Solo

TheExecutive said:

First off, I never brought UC2 up, Blader did, in justifiably making fun of the greatest games ever thread.

Second, UC2 and AC2 are completely different types of games. UC2 is a linear, confined, narrative driven game while AC2 is an open world, free game that lets you do whatever you want to do. Trying to make AC2 sound janky because its starts out less focused is not insulting AC2, but rather insulting the genre.

Solo said:
First off, I never brought UC2 up, Blader did, in justifiably making fun of the greatest games ever thread.

Second, UC2 and AC2 are completely different types of games. UC2 is a linear, confined, narrative driven game while AC2 is an open world, free game that lets you do whatever you want to do. Trying to make AC2 sound janky because its starts out less focused is not insulting AC2, but rather insulting the genre.

Ahh, so open world games have to start out really slow? Ok, I get it. Thanks for educating me.

AC series has now become the new Legend of Zelda for the new age if you ask me.

unlocked all armors. got all codex's. now in ROMA. This afternoon starts the begining to the end. LOL. YES! Also anyone got a link to how to decode some glyphs jeezuz they are a bitch after awhile.

Solo

TheExecutive said:
Ahh, so open world games have to start out really slow? Ok, I get it. Thanks for educating me.

No, Im saying look at 99% of open world games ever released. The GTA series? All start slow. Anyways, you could stand to be a little less defensive of your precious UC2.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i was just eating my breakfast this morning, and it was good and everything, but then i realized it could have been UNCHARTED 2 good, and i donnu, it was just really disappointing.

DrPirate

Banned
TheExecutive said:

Everything done in Uncharted 2 is done better in Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay wise.

Platforming that's funner and more challenging? Check.
Incredible story lasting more than 10 hours? Check.
More varied environments? Check.
More histoircal based puzzles and historical elements? Check.
Witty main character who doesn't suck and is actually interesting this time around? Check.

Seriously. Sorry man. But Uncharted 2 doesn't really hold a candle to Assassin's 2. Yes, we all may argue that one is a summer blockbuster, and one is an epic. But it's just that. Assassin's Creed 2 just has way too much depth, variety and game elements that makes its overall experience AS A GAME and not as a movie, better than Uncharted 2.

The only thing Uncharted 2 does better is animations and arguably, gunplay.

DrPirate said:
Everything done in Uncharted 2 is done better in Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay wise.

Platforming that's funner and more challenging? Check.
Incredible story lasting more than 10 hours? Check.
More varied environments? Check.
More histoircal based puzzles and historical elements? Check.
Witty main character who doesn't suck and is actually interesting this time around? Check.

Seriously. Sorry man. But Uncharted 2 doesn't really hold a candle to Assassin's 2. Yes, we all may argue that one is a summer blockbuster, and one is an epic. But it's just that. Assassin's Creed 2 just has way too much depth, variety and game elements that makes its overall experience AS A GAME and not as a movie, better than Uncharted 2.

The only thing Uncharted 2 does better is animations and arguably, gunplay.

joke post?

Bit-Bit

TheExecutive said:

What the hell is going on? Are we playing the same game? Start out slow how? I went from being born to wearing my assassin garb in like 30 minutes.

Stop comparing apples to oranges.

Solo said:
No, Im saying look at 99% of open world games ever released. The GTA series? All start slow. Anyways, you could stand to be a little less defensive of your precious UC2.

I am not defensive. I think its f*cking stupid, I said so. So what? Anyway, I am not going to continue this turd of a conversation, especially in a AC2 thread so quit agging me on :lol

Top Bottom