• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins is getting 60 FPS support on PS5 and XSX/S starting June 2

Topher

Gold Member
hell yeah GIF

I've had this game installed for weeks now. Two more days!

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Of all the issues with this game, FPS was the least of my concerns. This was the start of the new shitty AC era with the shoehorned F2P loot scale trash and other shitty mechanics like a bad combat system.

Saiyan-Rox

About freaking time

completely 100% the main game and the DLC but i'm definitely going back to play and just enjoy the sights and nerd out on the touring mode.

jaysius

Banned
I want to play origins but keep hearing its even grindier than oddessy which was a great game I had to put down due to the terrible grind.
It has a more entertaining world than Oddessy, but it take s along time to get to the pyramids which are probably the best part of the game.

The story is better than Oddessy's but that's not saying much.

DukeNukem00

Banned
I want to play origins but keep hearing its even grindier than oddessy which was a great game I had to put down due to the terrible grind.

Are people saying that ? When it came out and i played it, i just played normally, did some sidequests usually when i was in an area. Its game content, its structured, the gameworld was cool. And the game just flowed normally. After i finished the game and read online i started seeing people cry "grind". If you just play normaly, maybe do a side quest here and there that you like, its just a regular game. Its far shorter than both sequels.

Fredrik

Origins is the best of the three recent ACs.
I see people say this but I don’t understand why. I liked the story and protagonists and focus on small boats but for me there was too much sand, too many similar bandit sand camps, too many pyramid dungeons, too many similar hunting quests, too muddy waters, too long naval fights. It was too long as well, I forced myself through it by the end.

Odyssey is my favorite. Same issues with samey bandit camps and length but I loved the lush vegetation and scenery variation, sunny weather, clear lovely water, humour and abilities.

Valhalla is by far the worst though. Great action, some nice areas visually, but that’s about it. Vikings was a bad theme too. Never finished it. The Ragnarök DLC looked cool but I don’t think you can play it until you’re reached quite far into the game. Should’ve been a separate IP imo, I had issues thinking Odyssey was an Assassin’s Creed but Valhalla was on a whole other level.

jorgejjvr

not a fan of the rpg elements of odyssey, and how i cant just simply stealth kill everyone, you have to be a certain level

do either origins or valhalla fix this?

Majormaxxx

not a fan of the rpg elements of odyssey, and how i cant just simply stealth kill everyone, you have to be a certain level

No. In origins if they are a few levels above you, your hits inflict very little damage. And their hits, in turn, take a large chunk off your health. Basically don't deal with enemies beyond your level. I haven't played much Valhalla to comment there.

jorgejjvr

No. In origins if they are a few levels above you, your hits inflict very little damage. And their hits, in turn, take a large chunk off your health. Basically don't deal with enemies beyond your level. I haven't played much Valhalla to comment there.
then big nope

i miss the classic old school gameplay, last game i enjoyed was black flag and syndicate

Fredrik

Valhalla is interesting when it comes to stealth, the mechanics are all there and you go around and sneeeeak siiiiilently clearing areas like a proper ninja…
Then you reach a big door or chest and need to call in your fellow vikings for help, which act just like you expect them to do, rushing in screaming and burning down houses…
excited war GIF by Bud Light

🤦‍♂️

jorgejjvr

Valhalla is interesting when it comes to stealth, the mechanics are all there and you go around and sneeeeak siiiiilently clearing areas like a proper ninja…
Then you reach a big door or chest and need to call in your fellow vikings for help, which act just like you expect them to do, rushing in screaming and burning down houses…
excited war GIF by Bud Light

🤦‍♂️
im mad confused lol

Majormaxxx

then big nope

i miss the classic old school gameplay, last game i enjoyed was black flag and syndicate
I enjoyed black flag but honestly origins was better. Also both black flag and origins are done by the same director, Ashraf Ismail.

And, Bayek, the protagonist in origins is absolutely fantastic. Very likable and capable voice actor.

Majormaxxx

I am fairly certain you can turn in level scaling to fix this.
Level scaling only works backwards. Meaning once you level up and go to previously explored areas, the old enemies will still be challenging. If you are now level 20 and you beat them initially at level 5,they won't remain level 5 but will scale up to your new level.

jorgejjvr

I enjoyed black flag but honestly origins was better. Also both black flag and origins are done by the same director, Ashraf Ismail.

And, Bayek, the protagonist in origins is absolutely fantastic. Very likable and capable voice actor.
black flag is my favorite game in the series

but im worried i will be burned out but all the missions, the length, as I mentioned the rpg mechanics and not being able to stealth kill enemies above your level, and honestly egypt doesnt excite me much.....just sand

I loved getting on my boat and sailing to cuba

Last edited:

DukeNukem00

Banned

ah missing the awesome button from the first games huh ? Valhalla introduced an insta stealth kill for every enemy due to internet outrage that an rpg is an rpg and you cant kill an enemy 20 levels above you. Aparently one of the foundations of the rpg genre since its inception is called "grind" now. Valhalla also refines the stealth that a camp or outpost doesnt have every enemy in it magically know your location if you fumble a fight somewhere in a corner, so that alone is a major step up over Origins and Oddysey

Majormaxxx

black flag is my favorite game in the series

but im worried i will be burned out but all the missions, the length, as I mentioned the rpg mechanics and not being able to stealth kill enemies above your level, and honestly egypt doesnt excite me much.....just sand

I loved getting on my boat and sailing to cuba
It's not simply sand :)

There are towns and camps, Greek style buildings, abandoned temples with crocodiles, actual super fun tombs to explore and solve within the pyramids.. There are horses to collect, there's also an alien mystery and supernatural bosses. It's been 5 years so I might be forgetting something...

You are right though about the length.

It took me a while to beat. Looong game but addictive and fun.

Kacho

Is this better than Valhalla? Skipped this one but did not like Valhalla
The combat is OMEGAJANK but Origins is easily the best of the new trilogy. Something about exploring ancient Egypt is just *chefs kiss*...beautiful place.

Plus Bayek is mad endearing. His tale of rage and revenge connected with me. Who wouldn't go full Punisher after the death of your child?

Burger

I'm really curious how much work this is for Ubisoft. Do they just alter a few engine settings and that's that or is it really fucking hard?

Plantoid

Great!!!

Just in time for my first ever playthrough through gamepass, I bought odyssey and liked it enough.

As I refuse to play anything that's 30fps I never got a chance to play origins

jorgejjvr

ah missing the awesome button from the first games huh ? Valhalla introduced an insta stealth kill for every enemy due to internet outrage that an rpg is an rpg and you cant kill an enemy 20 levels above you. Aparently one of the foundations of the rpg genre since its inception is called "grind" now. Valhalla also refines the stealth that a camp or outpost doesnt have every enemy in it magically know your location if you fumble a fight somewhere in a corner, so that alone is a major step up over Origins and Oddysey
im fine with rpgs, i just dont think assassin creeds needs to be one of them, not every game needs to be one.

I like grind and levels, and said mechanic on other more appropriate rpgs, this isnt a rpg series

Top Bottom