• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins PC System Requirements

dex3108

Those running on the minimum recommended hardware, Araiza says, will be able to run the game at 720p at 30 frames per second (FPS) using the game's auto-detect presets. Meanwhile, players with more powerful PCs will, depending on their hardware, ”have the possibility of running 4K at 30 FPS or higher, or running standard resolutions such as 1080p or 1200p at higher than 30 FPS."

Additionally, Assassin's Creed Origins uses a technique called dynamic resolution rendering on PC and other platforms. As Araiza explains, ”dynamic resolution rendering is a technique we use to keep the framerate as close as possible to our targeted FPS at all times by adjusting the frame resolution on the fly, which in most cases will be invisible to the player. On PC, players can actually choose what baseline framerate they want to target: 30, 45, or 60 FPS. They can also select their maximum framerate between 30, 45, 60, or 90 FPS, or decide to completely uncap it."

Customization plays a big role in ensuring PC players get the most out of their games, and Assassin's Creed Origins will have standard industry customization options, as well as features new to Assassin's Creed on PC, like built-in benchmarking and in-game performance analysis.

”The built-in Performance Benchmark will help players validate their tweaked settings, while the in-game Performance Analysis will allow them to profile how their hardware is performing using constant monitoring and tracking of their performance by our engine," says Araiza. Furthermore, an in-game resolution multiplier will give players flexibility to tell the engine to render the game at higher or lower resolutions as they see fit.

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD R9 270 (2048 MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 6GB
  • Resolution: 720p
  • Video Preset: Lowest

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Video Preset: High

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/

Some more info

Gamepad Support

Microsoft Xbox 360
Microsoft Xbox One (Original/Elite)

What is the download size?
The size of the installed files is around 45 Gigabytes.

Will there be a Day 1 update? What will be its size?
Yes, there will be a Day 1 update, exact size is still to be defined.

Is it possible to turn off Dynamic Resolution Rendering?
Yes, by turning off the "Adaptive Quality" option in the menus - this will in fact deactivate Dynamic Resolution Rendering.

What are the new features of Assassin's Creed Origins on PC?
Assassin's Creed Origins PC introduces features that are brand new for the Assassin's Creed franchise:

- Performance Benchmark
For the first time in Assassin's Creed, we have a benchmark built-in to help our players to validate their tweaked settings.
In-game performance analysis Our engine constantly monitors and tracks the performance on PC (FPS, CPU & GPU usage) to allow our players to profile how their hardware is performing. They can then leverage this information to tweak the game options and improve performance.

- Dynamic Resolution rendering
Dynamic resolution is a technique we use to keep the framerate as close as possible to our targeted max at all times by adjusting the frame resolution on the fly, which in most cases will be invisible to the player.

- In game resolution multiplier (up to 4K for 1080 displays)
If your hardware is powerful enough to render in ultra high resolution (like 4K) but you don't have a 4K screen then this is for you! You can tell the engine to render the game in higher resolution so that you can benefit from Oversampling or Supersampling. You can also decide to do the opposite: force the game to render in a smaller resolution and always upscale it to your screen resolution. The choice is yours.

In addition to those new features, Assassin's Creed Origins PC supports the customization of Mouse and Keyboard and Gamepad configurations, as well as multi-monitor set-ups.

Does Assassin's Creed Origins support multi-monitor set-ups?
Yes.

Does Assassin's Creed Origins supports the customization of Mouse and Keyboard and Gamepad configurations?
Yes.

Does the game require a permanent online connection to be played?
No. The game will require a one-time connection to the servers for activation but once that one-time check has been made the game can be played offline. Still a daily connection to the servers will be required to get access to some online features that will be detailed at a later date.

Is there any support for Ultra-Wide monitors (21:9 resolution)?
Yes.

Will Assassin's Creed Origins support SLI/CrossfireX configurations?
This will not supported at launch but might come in a post-launch update.

Will the game feature Direct X12?
No.

Will it be possible to adjust the Field Of View?
Yes.

What are the preload dates and times for the PC version?
We'll communicate those times at a later date, stay tuned.

Will there be other features post-launch?
Yes, the development team is already working on PC updates that will be announced and detailed at a later date.

Will Assassin's Creed Origins PC version require a uPlay account?
Yes.

Will Assassin's Creed Origins PC be available on Steam?
Yes, the digital PC version of Assassin's Creed Origins will be available on the uPlay Store and on Steam.

When will Assassin's Creed Origins on PC be released?
Assassin's Creed Origins PC will be released on October 27th, 2017.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1759689

assassins1.jpg

Sweet, can't wait.

(Can't wait = This game actually looks ok and I would play it, not that I am waiting for a buggy mess of a game that has a terrible port that runs worse than the consoles that possibly has some of the funniest bugs that become legend, not at all the later)

kuYuri

About on par or just slightly below AC Unity's system requirements.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to be the same as AC Syndicate.

While it's too early to judge the game's performance, the fact that they are giving a huge array of frame rate options is awesome and they deserve praise for it. It'd be amazing if all PC releases got this kind of attention.

Stygr

Banned
This is too low for Ubi standard.
They improved their optimization in the last year, let's see if they can manage to pull a clean PC version from day one.

J_Viper

Wildlands runs alright on my 1070/i5-6700k/16RAM rig, so I'm hoping Origins is more in line with that port and not Watch Dogs 2 or the other garbage AC ports that aren't Rogue

Nilua

It's kinda weird that a GTX 660 is 720p and lowest and a 760 is 1080p and high, no? They aren't... that different, are they?

jwhit28

I hope dynamic resolution scaling becomes an industry standard. I much rather drop from 4k to a lower resolution than 60fps to 30fps for the 5%-10% of the time where a game is most taxing.

Carlius

Banned
so shitty system requierements for recommended specs. lame. i wanted something to push my 1080ti and this is not going to do it. day 1 still andi really hope its the best looking version and we dont get a gimped down version.

kAmui-

Wow. Didn't expect my rig to fit the minimum specs (660 here). Pleasantly surprised. Though, it would have been better if my rig couldn't handle this game so there wouldn't be any temptation to buy this game. There are enough games to buy as is.

spad3

I just hope it doesn't have booting problems like Unity. I didn't have any other problems with that game except that during launch...it wouldn't launch.

so shitty system requierements for recommended specs. lame. i wanted something to push my 1080ti and this is not going to do it. day 1 still andi really hope its the best looking version and we dont get a gimped down version.
Wow your logic makes zero sense

K' Dash

Wow. Didn't expect my rig to fit the minimum specs (660 here). Pleasantly surprised. Though, it would have been better if my rig couldn't handle this game so there wouldn't be any temptation to buy this game. There are enough games to buy as is.

it looks like you know nothing about what your PC is capable of, you make no sense.

i dont need logic. i want something to push my 1080ti and nothing has done it so far. i was expecting more to be honest, what can i say maaannnnnn

So your logic is to have a shitty optimized game so that you feel good about blowing $800 on graphics card?

i dont need logic. i want something to push my 1080ti and nothing has done it so far. i was expecting more to be honest, what can i say maaannnnnn

GTX 760 seems very low. Mmmmmmmm like we have seen games than run good with a GTX 970 as recommended.
These games are being made with 2012 laptop hardware in mind not a video card that a low percentage of pc players actually have. Like I get your logic of wanting to see what your card does if you push it but it’s not fair for the vast majority of players.

Unity on PC is one the most beautiful games of this gen and people still post this bullshit, like AC is the only game ever with this kind of bug.

whoa-simmer-down-now.jpg

Every game has bugs, but none were as memorable and funny as that. Thus why it gets posted. And yes while the game was beautiful, it was an utter mess. Do you own stock in Ubi? =)

I just loaded up Syndicate and Unity on PC to see how they run - I should play Syndicate and Unity lol I don't have the newest or strongest PC by any means but they run fine for me. Not the highest settings by any stretch but fuck if Unity doesn't look good. I wonder if I should take the plunge with Origins on PC or PS4 Pro??? Decisions decisions.

Qassim

Recommended specs are completely arbitrary. It doesn't necessarily mean the game doesn't scale way beyond the recommended.

Hoje0308

Banned
Got a 1080 Ti waiting for this thing. Probably won't pick up at launch because of Wolf 2 and Mario, but will eventually.

whoa-simmer-down-now.jpg

Every game has bugs, but none were as memorable and funny as that. Thus why it gets posted. And yes while the game was beautiful, it was an utter mess. Do you own stock in Ubi? =)
You do realize that bug affected a small percentage of pc players with a very specific setup. The game pushes most modern hardware to its limits even 3 years because of how good it looks not because it’s buggy or whatever narrative your trying to push. And before you say I’m some ubi shill, I think AC is as boring as it gets in terms of game design.

BadAss2961

Pretty sure they lowballed the recommended settings. Ass Creed (Ubi in general) aren't the most optimized games performance wise.

You do realize that bug affected a small percentage of pc players with a very specific setup. The game pushes most modern hardware to its limits even 3 years because of how good it looks not because buggy or whatever narrative your trying to push. And before you say I'm some ubi shill, I think AC is as boring as it gets in terms of game design.

What does anything your saying have to do with the popularity of the bug? Nothing? Ok.

The game also had a lot of animation issues etc.

The game is beautiful, I never said it wasn't. I would also agree that AC is a boring game to play. I have played almost all of them hoping for them to get better, thank god for Black Flag.

I wasn't pushing any narrative short of the game was messy. Which isn't a narrative, but a fact.

Kambing

This all sounds really good to me. Dynamic resolution should be a god send in maintaining 60 fps. CB rendering did wonders for my framerate in WD2 as well. Might perform well!

Aru

4K 60 FPS should be doable with a 1070, I hope. Even if I have to set dynamic resolution on like with DOOM 2016.

Top Bottom