• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed "Parity": Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"Last year's Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag also shipped at 900p/30fps on both PS4 and Xbox One. A post-release patch, however, bumped the PS4 version to 1080p. Ubisoft has given no indication that it has plans to do the same for Unity."

So I wonder how long this info will be glossed over in the thread?

Isotope

We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff

While I admire the honesty, this will more than likely do more harm than good (Obviously depending on the person).

curb

Banned
with the publisher opting to aim for platform parity to avoid discussion over the differences in performance.

That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

And the game is now off my buy list. GG ubisoft.

Anyway I expect this to be a thing with MS co marketed games from now on. Last holiday was a blip. Forced Parity will be a part of the deal from now on.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh fuck off Ubisoft. If it was a technical reason, that'd be one thing, but a marketing reason is bullshit. That's all this parity thing is, a marketing reason.

eqdu9KP.gif

My exact thoughts. Who does this benefit beyond the ego of a couple fan boys?

Einbroch

Banned
All he had to say was...nothing.

Nothing at all. And instead he said the worst possible thing he could. Reminds me of the same-sex marriage issue in Tomodachi.

"Last year's Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag also shipped at 900p/30fps on both PS4 and Xbox One. A post-release patch, however, bumped the PS4 version to 1080p. Ubisoft has given no indication that it has plans to do the same for Unity."

We knew the patch was coming, though. I don't think one is coming here.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
To think, there were so many people that thought this wouldn't happen or wasn't possible.

Fucking Ubisoft. The more powerful console should host the better version of the game you lazy c**ts

Skilletor

LOL.

Definitely not supporting this practice.

Doesn't sound official, though. "To avoid debates and stuff," ??? lol

Depends how long people gloss over the fact that this year AC has a exclusive marketing deal with Microsoft, which is a first for the series.

So they're saying outright that the PS4 version could've been better but it was deliberately gimped to make the Xbox One version more attractive?

How is that supposed to "end the usual debates"?

Weak.

I was really psyched about the co-op aspect of this game too. I'll eventually grab it whenever it hits $10 now.

Instead I think I'm just going to grab Shadow of Mordor. Seems like a better Assassin's Creed than Assassin's Creed.

Toki767

They couldn't just run some BS reason like the game is too taxing to not be able to hit 1080p/30fps on PS4 but 900p/30fps fine? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom