• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins creed Valhalla looks so good now!

GymWolf

Is Odissey the same gameplay style?
I saw videos, but parts of it looked boring (ship combat)
Get origins, odissey is just the inferior bloated version in pretty much everything except maybe a couple of sidequest and general plot (both games have terrible plot anyway).

Also egypt crush greece in terms of location.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Here is my current thought/desire cycle with AC Games.

Step 1) Game is announced. I think "Oh great, another fucking Assassin's Creed game. Yippee."
Step 2) Gameplay is shown. I think "This looks like another heap of bloated, open-world trash."
Step 3) Release draws near and more trailers are released. I think "Hmm... wait, this doesn't look bad?"
Step 4) I buy the fucking game.

God damnit.
Same, but not because they look good, just because i'm the biggest open world action rpg whore ever existed...

gojira96

I'll get as soon as I get a PS5.
Knowing Ubisoft, the ultimate edition of Valhalla will be 1/3 of the price by May next year (when the game should be less buggy and already have released some of it's DLC content).

Still hoping for Odyssey and Origins to get a patch on next-gen! (lmao, won't happen)

MiguelItUp

I don't think this looks mind blowing at all, however, it's the only AC that has ever interested me. Looks better than other videos, but still, I'll reserve my judgement until I see a raw playthrough.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Are we sure this is an Assassin's Creed game? If you hadn't told me before you showed me the gifs on page one, I would never have guessed it.

cormack12

Gold Member
Valhalls looks like it has a bit more common with Origins rather than Odyssey (shields for example) it also has the hidden blade assassinations which were completely different in Odyssey as well (that spear head).

GustavoLT

SpitefulRealisticBaboon-size_restricted.gif

can we play like this with the female character!?

Alebrije

Its like Odyssey bit with viking skins....so nothing new graphically.

It is becoming like the far cry series, the same gameplay but different setup.

I got origins and odyssey gold editions..bur for this will wait for PS5 patch if comes also a sale...but if you have not played odyssey and origins , Valhalla could be a solid experience.

Valentino

Hmm.... people seem more thirsty in here now. You all knew it was going to look better closer to release so what's happened to all the slander the game was getting? How peculiar

makaveli60

Is Odissey the same gameplay style?
I saw videos, but parts of it looked boring (ship combat)
For the love of God, buy Origins instead of Odyssey. Odyssey is one of the worst games and the worst "AC" I have ever played (the franchise is among my favorites). If you are interested in why I'm saying this check the Odyssey OT where I elaborated on it yesterday.

Ar¢tos

For the love of God, buy Origins instead of Odyssey. Odyssey is one of the worst games and the worst "AC" I have ever played (the franchise is among my favorites). If you are interested in why I'm saying this check the Odyssey OT where I elaborated on it yesterday.
I'm in no rush, these games drop in price very quickly and I'm getting Demon's Souls at release, so I'll get it sometime later... Discounted.. and/or... used.

Zimmy68

I love Odyssey and Origins so I will be picking this up.
I just need to determine if I want it for PS5 or XSX. Ill have to wait for the comparison videos to come out.
But I was going to grab the one with the Season Pass but $50 more??? That is a pill too big to swallow.
Even worse, as they have raised the SP price $10 for the last 3 games (it seems), they have taken more content away.
No perks, no gear (you have to spend more money for that).
I think Odyssey SP was $40 and it gave you AC3 Remastered. What is Valhalla giving you for $50?
I'll get the standard and wait for the a sale on Season Pass.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I mean, we've literally fought mythological creatures already. And had a race of ancient aliens try to save, and destroy the world.

Sure, but the fantastic elements of the early games were handled the same way as Tomb Raider. You hear about it for a long part of the game, and it's only towards the end that the fantastic really kicks in. At least that's how I see it.
I just hope this episode will be a good Assassin's Creed, as I havent liked Odyssey (but Origin was very good imo)

Yeah. Let's act like this doesn't look good or is outdated. Keeps looking better and better.

Indeed, the game is much more beautiful ! Even the female character model has been improved.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Yeah. Let's act like this doesn't look good or is outdated. Keeps looking better and better.

Yeah the Deep Dive trailer is amazing. Feels bullshotty though as it is very beautiful in parts.
Either way I want to explicitly mention I am really thankful for the 60fps on PS5, it's going to really pleasant.

Kagey K

Banned
This is usually my Black Friday buy as it's usually on sale by then. I wonder if it will be this year since its releasing so close to it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't know, maybe from the "tech" perspective it might look impressive but man, just like Watch Dogs: Legion the entire visual style and art direction just looks so boring to me.

My interest in the franchise dwindled after odyssey tbh. Those were once games which the devs seemed to genuinely do their best to keep historical accuracy without sacrificing a fun gameplay, and because 100% historical accuracy is impossible, I know. But now it’s just historical revisionism, those aren’t even historical Vikings but more like pop-culture stereotype of what a Viking is.My interest in the franchise dwindled after odyssey tbh. Those were once games which the devs seemed to genuinely do their best to keep historical accuracy without sacrificing a fun gameplay, and because 100% historical accuracy is impossible, I know. But now it’s just historical revisionism, those aren’t even historical Vikings but more like pop-culture stereotype of what a Viking is.

Njocky

Banned
I'm leaning towards Watch Dogs LEgion because I have barely started Odyssey (I actually wonder how that one looks on next gen). I'll see what the reviews say but looks like more of the same to me.

Mr Hyde

Haven't played AC since Black Flag (and I didn't enjoy it particularly much). But this looks very good, seems Ubi has improved it since the last couple of months. Maybe it's time to give this franchise another go. The setting is what's most intriguing.

It still looks like a shiny reskin to me but the deep dive trailer did look a lot more shiny to be fair.

Let's be real though I will buy it full price day one and put 100 hours into it without ever completing it fully like I do with every AC game.

Top Bottom