• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aston Martin DB10 Unveiled at Bond 24 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeger

Limited to 10 units, all for the film. Not the DB10 that will go into production. Shows design cues and hints of production "DB10".

tRHE15R.jpg

Aston Martin has unveiled the DB10 during the 24th James Bond movie announcement today at Pinewood Studios in London. The DB10 will star in the new movie called Spectre, an acronym for “SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion” - a reference to the global terrorist organization from Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels.

Contrary to what the DB10 name may lead one to believe, the car is not the successor for the DB9, at least not in this exact form. It’s a car designed exclusively for the new James Bond movie. Built in-house by Aston Martin’s design and engineering teams led by Marek Reichman, the DB10 is the result of a close collaboration with the film’s director Sam Mendes, who wanted “the ultimate car for the world’s most famous spy.”

The DB10 will be built in a limited run of 10 units, all destined for the movie, for which shooting begins today. However, the automaker admits that the car gives a glimpse to the future design direction for the next generation of Aston Martins. No details were offered regarding the car’s powertrain, but the DB10 is likely to use a V12 engine from the brand’s current lineup.

“In the same year that we celebrate our 50-year relationship with 007, it seems doubly fitting that today we unveiled this wonderful new sports car created especially for James Bond. I’m incredibly proud of everyone in the team at Gaydon who have brought this special project from concept to reality,” said Dr Andy Palmer, CEO of Aston Martin.

Source - http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/aston-martin-unveils-db10-built.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcCxX8HH4hc

riotous

Banned
I drove a V12 Vanquish once.

I was wearing a Tuxedo at the time.

Yes, I felt like Bond for those 30 minutes or so.

DOWN

Banned
Rather uninspired and bland by Aston standards.

I actually think it stands out in their line. It's unusually sleek. Resembles the minimalism that concept art for vehicles often begin with before they need to add more venting and lines.

Jaeger

Rather uninspired and bland by Aston standards.

This is the most unique looking product they have shown in decades. Borrowing the shape from the One-77. What do you want them to do? Abandon all of what they are known for, and loved for some crazy looking non-Aston Martin like car?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This is the most unique looking product they have shown in decades. Borrowing the shape from the One-77. What do you want them to do? Abandon all of what they are known for, and loved for some crazy looking non-Aston Martin like car?

I mean, it could be just another luxury sports car. It doesn't look distinguished like an Aston should be. It's not particularly classy like a Vantage nor striking like the One-77. It's just there. It looks like an Aston copycat more than the real thing.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Craig has officially the best job in the world.

DOWN

Banned
Think we could ever see Bond driving an electric car?

Of course. He doesn't exclusively drive Aston and at some point, many of the brands he is in will want to promote electric. Jaguar and Land Rover are two of several candidates he could someday drive without gasoline.

BraXzy

Damn that's a nice car. How much must that have cost?! 10 custom cars designed and produced for one movie? A few million? I suppose movie budgets are pretty high nowadays anyway.

a916

Lord have mercy...

EDIT: not a fan of those tail/headlights. Will wait on Clarkson's review before buying.

Jaeger

I agree about the back. It's spot on until we get to that end. Fortunately, this is not the car the masses (well, wealthy 1% masses) will be able to acquire.

I'm sure the DB9 replacement will be a bit larger, and less odd in the front and back retaining more of the typical AM formula, which I am fine with.

It's beautiful, but it doesn't looks like it lost a bit of the classic look it had managed to keep for so long. I think it's the shape of the nose.

Nodnol

Not a fan of the front end. The lights and lip on the bonnet look too sharp in contrast to the rest of the car. Back looks nice though, very GT-y.

Whenever the production car comes, Aston need to mix things up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom