• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro’s Playroom: 4-5 hours long, four worlds, lots of collectibles

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Quite a bit longer than I expected.

Please tell us a little more about the game content. How big is the game?

I think it takes about 4 to 5 hours to play and clear Nicola . Besides that, there are many hidden homages to the 25-year history of the PlayStation during the game. There are collection items in it, and you can enjoy collecting lots of artifacts and puzzle pieces. Also, I can't say in detail, but if you clear everything, there is a surprise that PlayStation fans will be pleased with.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you will enjoy this PlayStation homage. It's been 25 years ago, so there may be some things that young people don't understand (laughs).

Also, after clearing, you will be able to play the stage dedicated to time attack. There are four stages that make full use of jump actions, and four stages that use special actions such as monkey power suits. There is also an online ranking.

Haptic Feedback
Even one haptic feedback can really express various things. For example, in a sandstorm, you can feel the wind and sand, and using the speakers at the same time creates a magical effect.

On Triggers
Within each world, there are special power-ups. For example, a jet pack. This is a right and left trigger that allows you to control the jet injection, and you can feel the thruster boost while operating the trigger.

There is also a gun. It's the first time a gun has appeared in the world of astro robots, and it's really amazing. In fact, Gun's tech demo is one of the most popular demos in the team. You can feel the feedback of "Rattling!" When hitting the machine gun while pulling the trigger.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That’s pretty bloody good. I can’t say Astrobot holds much excitement for me, but I’ll certainly play through it, as it’s free.

I have very fond memories of Alex Kidd In Miracle World on the Master System. This sounds like a similar deal.

You can’t complain about free. You just can’t.

Lots of negativity here towards this free game. I can’t wait to play it and collect everything (as you are supposed to do in this kind of game). Just wish it was in VR…

...oh, it will be eventually...

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Ive heard good things about the VR game. Played it for an hour. If its anything like that this will be a pleasant free treat

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Lots of negativity here towards this free game. I can’t wait to play it and collect everything (as you are supposed to do in this kind of game). Just wish it was in VR…

A free game taking up a chunk of limited SSD space.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
You’re amongst the biggest Playstation haters so no surprise from you.....
Have you played the VR game?
Lol, I am not a PS hater, what a dumb take. I have a PS4 and a PS5 ordered.
No I have not played the VR game, but hear it is quite good. This unfortunately looks like trash.

GametimeUK

If it's anything like Astrobot then it should be an absolute banger for a free game. It should also give us a great look at how the Dualsense works. This is going on the assumption they put in similar effort to Astrobot of course. The VR game was incredible and one of the games of the gen for me.

Astro's Playroom is a free game. I didn't expect it to be a long game. I wonder how the game pays homage to the 20+ years of PlayStation. I read there's a surprise for PlayStation fans if you complete the entire game.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
collectibles .....the bane of modern games.

PmvWPhS.png

Arkam

Oh Snap! This might be all I get to play the first night if its that long. Not bad for a pack in, glorified Tech Demo. I was expecting it to be something you blazed through in <30min.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The original pack in Super Mario Bros or Sonic 2 were both like 4-5 hour games. Probably with the same amount of replayability as this. And both of those were meant to showcase the hardware. I think the last launch console I bought that included a free game was the Wii with Wii Sports. Nice to see this trend continue.

Rodolink

so this is not gonna be playable on VR? hmm what a bummer.
also is it gonna be free free? or free demo that then you pay to unlock?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I just always see you talking hate about them lol
Being critical is not hating. Go back a few years when Xbox was a disaster or even the Halo Infinite reveal and you will find I was very vocal in the other direction. I like both platforms, but have not been thrilled with the direction PS has been going lately.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned

The gaming side has become like 70% console warring.

At least there's still the other 30%, I guess.

Esca

In looking forward to trying this freebie out. Should give a good glimpse into some things for the future

Bridges

This is pretty cool, it's been awhile but I miss pack-in titles like this, certainly helps to justify the cost with something like this thrown in. I wish Nintendo and Microsoft had something they would offer like this, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this game is pretty good for what it is once reviews hit.

Top Bottom