• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At Rob Lowe's roast, Ann Coulter gets burned hardest

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy shit that's not a roast, that's an execution
lol.gif

dQXreb7.gif

"good fun" or not this is some brutal shit

I've recently been on a roast watching binge on YouTube, oddly enough. The most brutal barb I can recall is Jeff Ross' takedown of Courtney Love on the Pam Anderson roast. I mean, gracious, y'all.

When people are such assholes that they're actually making me feel sorry for Ann Coulter of all people, it may be time to dial back the vitriol just a tad.

You say that as if she were a human being with feelings instead of flesh covered demo-synthoid fuelled by liquefied hate.

But British comedian Jimmy Carr really let Coulter have it. He called her "repugnant," "hateful," and "hatchet-faced." "But it's not too late to change that," he said. "You could kill yourself."
I'm sorry, but attacking her for her looks and saying she could kill herself take it too far. That's not funny. It's mean-spirited.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I'm sorry, but attacking her for her looks and saying she could kill herself take it too far. That's not funny. It's mean-spirited.
The looks bit is only bad because it's lazy comedy that isn't clever. Dropping a hate bomb like only Jimmy Carr can do on a monster like Ann Coulter is just incredible.

It's fairly routine at a roast, though.

To say nothing of looks, which is always in play in these events, in this very same roast, Rob Lowe tells Jewel that after her most recent album, she should go back to living in a car
with the engine running and the garage door closed.

besada

Banned

To say nothing of looks, which is always in play in these events, in this very same roast, Rob Lowe tells Jewel that after her most recent album, she should go back to living in a car
Yeah, a lot of people here apparently haven't seen a roast before. Looks are a regular and common attack. Jonah Hill got savaged.

Telling her to kill herself is well passed the line. Jesus.

not at all. its all in good fun, the roasters and roastees all know. It's the one place that you can get together and say the cruelest thing you can and be able to party with the same people later that night.

Brutal. Savage. Rekt.

The only ones I genuinely love are Spade's and Jewel's. I don't like the appearance jokes, and the Mexican joke is weirdly demeaning toward Mexicans instead of actually providing any empowerment. Not that that's not par for the course for these roasts, but that's how I feel about it.

Spade's is brilliant because she's a fucking racist and deserves to get shit on for that specifically.

Yeah. Maybe I haven't watched enough roasts, but I can't recall hearing a comment or joke as brutal as suggesting one commit suicide. I hope that it's not common.

I'd be fine with the ugly jokes if they were funny. That's the problem. Nothing is off limits if it's funny, but if you go for it and fail, it just seems lame. And doing a joke about someone being ugly seems hard to pull off. I mean, how many hilarious punch lines can there be for "she so ugly!"?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Yeah. Maybe I haven't watched enough roasts, but I can't recall hearing a comment or joke as brutal as suggesting one commit suicide. I hope that it's not common.

Ross joking about Franco's grandmother only having 27 hours of life left was the only one that ever struck me as bad form. But it was also hilarious so fuck it lol.

Crayon

Ann is such an easy person to hate because she's an incredibly disgusting and repulsive human being. However, sometimes the words that come out of her mouth are so completely ridiculous, atrocious, and unbelievable, that I have a hard time believing that she actually believes them. Is she just trying to pander to a very specific audience comprised of hateful bigots?

You got it. She's extremely disingenuous and doesn't really believe in the things she says. Other than believing they will get her noticed.

She sucks.

In other news, it seems some of us here are too sensitive to even watch a roast!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
holy shit that's not a roast, that's an execution

Jeff Ross, who was dressed in purple as Prince. "Ann's against gay marriage. What's your thinking on that? If I can't get a husband they shouldn't, either?"

"She seems stiff and conservative, but Ann gets wild in the sheets. Just ask the Klan," said Roast Master David Spade. "It looks like she’s having a good time. I haven’t seen her laugh this hard since Trayvon Martin got shot."

Folk singer Jewel won the crowd over with this: “As a feminist I can’t support everything that’s been said tonight," she said, "but as someone who hates Ann Coulter, I’m delighted.”

I said DAMN.

The last one I watched was William Shatner's roast. Then they just started roasting anyone. Like Justin Beiber. Then they got stupid.

Telling her to kill herself is well passed the line. Jesus.
It's all the in the name of banter. There was one roast that Courtney Love was on and they frequently made jokes at Kurt Cobain's expense. Roasts are just raunchy affairs all around, so telling someone to kill themselves is not even close to the line.

They make fun of the appearance of some of the men at the roasts, too. Should this also be off limits?

Fuck no. See my post above. Nothing is off limits. I just think it's hard to make jokes about people being ugly actually funny, and if you fail at them they come across as super lame. It's just a hard subject to actually nail with any sort of actual wit.

rjinaz

She does this to other people for a living. If you feel bad for her, listen to her sometime.

I love the Roasts. I'll be recording this on the 5th!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's all the in the name of banter. There was one roast that Courtney Love was on and they frequently made jokes at Kurt Cobain's expense. Roasts are just raunchy affairs all around, so telling someone to kill themselves is not even close to the line.

While it's not over the line, I think it's a pretty cheap knock. Similar to looks that doesn't take much effort.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wouldn't call it an "attack". This is a roast. This is par for the course.

I think people are misunderstanding the context here.

They were all probably getting drinks and having fun afterward.

No one was having fun and drinking with her.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
But British comedian Jimmy Carr really let Coulter have it. He called her "repugnant," "hateful," and "hatchet-faced." "But it's not too late to change that," he said. "You could kill yourself."

see-you-space-cowboy.gif

Look at these motherfuckers who defend EVERY FUCKING THING take a stand at jokes towards this vile animal..sit and spin.

Seriously this woman is the fucking devil. She's actively harmful to people and their lives.

Fuck her. Some yucks at her expense are justified when she's such a vile spiteful horrible woman.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
"She seems stiff and conservative, but Ann gets wild in the sheets. Just ask the Klan," said Roast Master David Spade. "It looks like she’s having a good time. I haven’t seen her laugh this hard since Trayvon Martin got shot."

Ga2Bnr9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom