• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At Rob Lowe's roast, Ann Coulter gets burned hardest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Yeah, that kind of humor is too mean for me. I don't understand the appeal of roasts and never will.

Not everyone takes such offense to some jokes. I know we got some sensitive people here on GAF but the world ain't all like that

Actually the best thing about a roast is everyone is there for the same reason. Poke fun at people and get made fun of. It's the BEST place for these types of jokes since you know there is no animosity and everyone has already given consent

Y'all don't even want to search Gilbert Gottfried's roast of George Takei. 11 minutes of gay jokes, except that's not the term he used.

Roasts are not for the PC crowd.

(They're clearly written on Macs.)

The Kree

Banned
At the Hugh Hefner roast Gilbert did a joke about almost being late because he missed a connecting flight at the Empire State Building. The roast took place like a month after 9/11. He doesn't understand the concept of chill.

That joke never aired on TV. You'd have to find the unedited version to hear it.

MORE BARBS

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/27/rob-lowe-roast-comedy-central

“Everyone is asking, why is Ann Coulter here tonight?” said Lowe, who closed out his own special with a incredible set of killer yuks. “Because the right-to-lifers wanted everyone to see what abortion looks like up close.”

It has a few more Coulter shots not in the OP. Here are a few of the non-Coulter others, also not in the OP, if I recall correctly.

“Rob Lowe, the only thing you are consistently on is Twitter, which is surprising because you have never been able to master one character, let alone 140.” – Peyton Manning

“Rob Lowe defies age … restrictions. You look like you are sculpted. You put the statue in statutory rape.” – Nikki Glaser

“I had such a crush on Rob as a little girl. If only I knew that’s when I would have had my best shot.” – Nikki Glaser

“You might know Ralph from The Karate Kid. If you don’t know him from that, you don’t know him.” – David Spade

“Rob Lowe. Or as the girls in the sex tape said, ‘Rob, no.” – Jeffrey Ross

Oh man, I need to watch this. The Jeffrey Ross line is amazing. I hope they got her reaction on his.

Why was she there in the first place?

Apparently, Ann isn't cool like that.

Ann Coulter fires back at Comedy Central, for mean, unfunny racist "C-word" roast jokes

Well, Coulter is firing back by slamming Comedy Central as a network. The Hollywood Reporter interviewed her about the uncomfortable show and when asked why she thinks it became a roast of her, she said, “I have no idea, but it probably has something to do with Comedy Central’s corporate decision to move away from comedy — which is paying huge dividends with the Larry Wilmore and Trevor Noah shows.” Burn.
So was Ann Coulter offended? She keeps saying she was not: “Nothing offends me. ‘Bored me is a different story.” Still, that didn’t stop her from going after some of the crueler celebs at the roast. She said, “I don’t know any of them. I’d never heard of any of them except Eli Manning [a reference to Peyton Manning] and Jewel — and Spade and Lowe, of course, though I’ve never seen any of their movies.”
Coulter also said that she wishes the unedited version of the roast could be made available. She then went after Variety: “Tip to reporters based on the Variety review. You ought to get these new things they have called ‘tape recorders’ so you don’t murder peoples’ jokes with your crappy paraphrases.”

giphy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
How do you end up getting roasted by Peyton Manning of all people

Like, Peyton Manning thinks a roast is what you bring to the bi-monthly Manning family potluck

j-wood

I watched this tonight. Holy shit at the Ann jokes.

Also when she got up to speak, it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever seen. The audience reactions were just...soooooooo deadpan.

Glad to see Nikki Glaser got some exposure. I listened to her most recent comedy special on Spotify and she's pretty damn funny. There are actually a lot of good up-and-coming comediennes.

SaviourMK2

The night was so hilarious. Sometimes you just need good dark, mean spirited humor.
Jeff Ross absolutely just drowned Coulter tonight.
It was so fucking painful watching a good time being killed by that bitch.

I'd have more sympathy for her if her entire bit wasn't Obama/Clinton jokes and wasn't purely promoting her book and how much she wants to suck Trumps micropenis

Pete reacting to the hate toward her was the best part.

I'm sorry, I absoltuly hate Ann Coulter with a fiery passion.

The appeal is they do these for rich and powerful, so you can enjoy the mean shit knowing they can take it and doesn't matter because they're still rich and famous.

Punching up is one of the fundamental pillars of comedy.
... :/

because The Dozens is not a street tradition played by poor people everywhere.

It's just part of living in a society and being able to laugh at horrible things.

Luschient

Had to pause the DVR during Carr's set because I was laughing/crying so hard.

His joke about Pete Davidson's dad was fucking brutal.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah the thing about Pete Davidson's parents were probably the worst thing said at the show. I was like wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom