• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Firis new character screenshots

Kvik

Well, hopefully all characters will dress sensibly this time, since they have that feature to change outfit based on the season/location.

Atelier Sophie's Plachta's default outfit was outright impractical. I wonder what Leon actually did with those S class materials Sophie gave her.

This is the first entry to move off the PS3, yes? Still a Vita version, I know, but the baseline graphical standard seems to have moved a bit. Not even in a way I can particularly define, but the 2D>3D has more detail maybe? The alchemy seems to be a small variant of Sophie, which was a nice change of pace with more puzzle element.
Well, hopefully all characters will dress sensibly this time, since they have that feature to change outfit based on the season/location.

Atelier Sophie's Plachta's default outfit was outright impractical. I wonder what Leon actually did with those S class materials Sophie gave her.
Beyond not having a NG+, I'm ashamed/proud(?) to say that this was my biggest overall complaint this year. Really, in a series that's moved mountains to go progressively further out of the lewdness realm, it was frustrating. "It was elastic!" and "but she's just a doll so whatever!" were lame excuses, even for a JRPG. Un-lewdness isn't exactly a thing many players probably ever consider, but I do truly respect it when there's perpetual demand to go the other way.

gogogow

The characters looks better and better with each new entry, which is really cool to see. But the environments leaves a lot to be desired. I hope Gust will focus on that in the future.

I love the character designs. It's so cool that the 3D models look like the regular artwork. Definitely wish more JRPGs that went with really anime looking characters (like the Tales series) would take note of this, and follow Atelier Firis' example.

At the same time however, because those character designs look so amazing, the backgrounds look dull and lifeless by comparison. Perhaps this will be fixed before the game is released?

Top Bottom