• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Meruru |OT| of Atelier Chronicles: My Life as a Princess

Jucksalbe

Banned
I think something's wrong with my game. When reached the third year the counter didn't follow, so now the display started again at the beginning of the second year. It's both in the upper left of the screen and on my save file. I wonder what will happen when I reach predefined goals like in April.
I'm in March, so I guess I will know soon, I hope nothing goes wrong. In the best case, the game gives me one more year to play.

Rarutos

I think something's wrong with my game. When reached the third year the counter didn't follow, so now the display started again at the beginning of the second year. It's both in the upper left of the screen and on my save file. I wonder what will happen when I reach predefined goals like in April.
I'm in March, so I guess I will know soon, I hope nothing goes wrong. In the best case, the game gives me one more year to play.

That sounds odd... :eek: I wonder why that's happening? Maybe shoot NISA an email?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Did it say 3 and then revert to 2? Or did it never change? Because the year counter only changes in April.

RurouniZel

Really? Hmmm....I didn't notice really notice it until February. But now I think I'm just stupid. ;)

Don't feel that way, it's thrown me for a loop a few times too 'cause I keep thinking it should change in January. XD

EDIT: Which was worse in Totori because in that game it only changed in June. XD

Rarutos

Don't feel that way, it's thrown me for a loop a few times too 'cause I keep thinking it should change in January. XD

EDIT: Which was worse in Totori because in that game it only changed in June. XD

Eh? That's odd, I specifically remember the year changing in January in Totori. Like, it goes into a year 6, but the game starts and ends in like, June anyway.

Durante

Eh? That's odd, I specifically remember the year changing in January in Totori. Like, it goes into a year 6, but the game starts and ends in like, June anyway.
That's exactly how it worked. The game (post tutorial) starts at 6/1 in year 1.

RurouniZel

Really? Huh, I'll have to go back and double check that, perhaps Meruru is screwing with my memories. >>

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just started Year 3 and have met the 30,000 requirement. It really does seem easy to meet the goal.

Coxy

Just beat
the wyvern, pretty awesome battle, was pretty surprised you can start developing the land there afterwards

I need a little help with Peter's sidequest. Where can I find the location of
the fountainhead
? I don't really feel like revisiting every place.

Durante

I got mine on Monday. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, but what I've played was really enjoyable.

I actually died once in the battle against the first "boss" enemy, which I don't remember happening in any of the Arland titles before. Had to create some bombs.

I've beaten a handful of the optional bosses and they're all freakin' tough. Thankfully I've synthesized a few almost broken items.

Going into year 5, I've completed all the development projects and I have more than 130k citizens. I'm not dealing out as much damage as I'd like to, but to compensate I have plenty of HP regen abilities that makes my party very difficult to defeat.

Well, I beat it and got
one of the strong Meruru
endings. I did unlock the
hot springs
event, but I didn't have enough time to gather the required
300 development points for building the spa.

Overall, I loved it. Sadly, I didn't discover that there was a warp gate item until the last month which might have been the reason I couldn't unlock everything. I ended up at adventurer level 63, alchemist level 48, and a population of 195k.

Durante

Any spoiler-free hints you can share regarding time-saving items? (e.g. like "go to Tiffany's with a full basket" in Totori)

There is a cutscene about warp gates. Presumably you can synthesize them after that, but I completely missed it when I went through the menus.

Meruru can equip several different development items. I got the recipe for a larger basket by
buying lots of items from Hanna
. You can find all the equipable dev items in the top of the dev category. Make sure you synthesize every one of them, and try to unlock the best effects.

Another important way to save precious time is exploiting registered items as much as possible.

Rarutos

photo1-2.jpg

I found Gerhard!

Oh yeah, some bad news. Houk confirmed that we won't be able to get the Rorona and Totori costumes. ;_;

ChryZ

I'm making good progress, 22k peeps and second year isn't over yet. Really love the game: so much to do, so much story, so many characters and pairing opportunities. They really improved the UI, it's a big step up from Totori IMHO.

Random musing: I was worried about "pico" Rorona be annoying as fuck, but she's really just adorable so far. Filly channels some pervy oyaji at times, can't remember her being this creepy in Totori. I like Meruru a lot, she's pretty genki and "can do" all the time. I even like Totori better in this one.

Rarutos

Just need the True Ending left! I accidentally messed up and locked myself out of it while getting other ends and stuff, but I can fix it with a previous save! :)

Rarutos

Any spoiler-free hints you can share regarding time-saving items? (e.g. like "go to Tiffany's with a full basket" in Totori)

Late but... Basically, you get the Handknitted Basket recipe from Hanna after a couple ranks. Not sure the exact details but it's pretty early. Harvest Gloves at Alchemy Level 30, Traveler's Shoes at Alchemy Level 35, and Warp Gate at level 40. That's about it! Secret Bag should be somewhere there too.

Also, whenever Totori gives you World Spirits and Azure Wing. DO NOT USE THEM. You will need them. (Unless you can gather those things before she does, which is easy to do in NG+) She will give them to you at about 70 friendship I believe. Astrid will sell a second one of each whenever you Overhaul the Market.

Edit:
photo2-2.jpg

Got my Platinum~

^ Congrats!

It feels great to finish Totori after stalling for so long. Just gotta wait out a few months tomorrow and I'll finally be done. @_@

... and then I'll finally be ready to put in my copy of Meruru for the first time.

RurouniZel

Goddamn, I'm doing worse on this 3rd run than my 1st and 2nd, I don't know how I managed to pull that off! >>;

Jucksalbe

Banned
That's about it! Secret Bag should be somewhere there too.

You get Secret Bag at Alchemy level 35, too.

She will give them to you at about 70 friendship I believe.
How can you reach 70 friendship? Totori is stuck at 60 for quite a while for me already.

Got my Platinum~

Congratulations! How long did it take you? Do you think it's easier to do than Rorona/Totori?

Rarutos

How can you reach 70 friendship? Totori is stuck at 60 for quite a while for me already.
Do requests! That's the main way to raise friendship, especially in NG+ where you spend a lot less time on the world map.

Congratulations! How long did it take you? Do you think it's easier to do than Rorona/Totori?
~80+ hours I think. But I spend a lot of time just randomly doing other things too, so it added. And it's easier because you don't really have to manage characters friendships as much, but at the same time the ending branches are in pretty different directions from each other. Though I do feel it's easier overall because I can finish ending requirements pretty much a year and a half before the game ends.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do requests! That's the main way to raise friendship, especially in NG+ where you spend a lot less time on the world map.

Do you get to keep your equipment in NG+ this time? Especially, do you keep your Traveler Shoes? I'm still on my first playthrough, haven't looked at an FAQ yet.

RurouniZel

Well, I'm doing better than I thought I was. I'm not gonna plat or anything, but I'll at least get a few more endings out of this. :D

B.K.

I was at a Gamestop today and wanted to buy the game, but I didn't. I guess I'll order it from Amazon. It's the first time I've been too ashamed to buy a game in a store.

raven777

~80+ hours I think. But I spend a lot of time just randomly doing other things too, so it added. And it's easier because you don't really have to manage characters friendships as much, but at the same time the ending branches are in pretty different directions from each other. Though I do feel it's easier overall because I can finish ending requirements pretty much a year and a half before the game ends.

Do you think its easier to get Platinum then Totori?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This will be my first Atelier game, what should I expect?

I'd strongly suggest Totori first...
I can understand skipping Rorona, but Totori is a very solid game.

On another note, I'll have my Copy Wednesday. A bit late, but it's after my summer exam.

frequency

This will be my first Atelier game, what should I expect?

It can be overwhelming at first, trying to manage time and various levels (friendships and everything). But stick with it and just have fun. Accept that you will not get the best ending in the first go. These games are meant to be played multiple times. Don't get too hung up on the time stuff and just... play.

I recommend focusing on a few characters for friendship. I usually go through these games focusing on 2 or so characters at a time. Once I get all the character endings (I usually hit other endings by chance along the way too), I try for the "true" ending which is usually the best path - getting all friendships, etc.

Make lots of saves. You'll probably want to go back and re-do things. It could also be helpful to make a save at the beginning of each year so on subsequent playthroughs, you don't go through the entire game again from beginning to end.

You have more than enough time to do everything you want to do in one playthrough. But getting all the endings with one core playthrough is nearly impossible without a guide. I wouldn't recommend a guide though (at least not for the first few plays). It takes a lot of the fun out of it.

RurouniZel

Well, looking better. I've only got about 50% of the trophies so I'm still missing a few scenes, but I'm really enjoying it now that I've got a handle on the flow of the game. ^^ Always takes me a while, like it did with Totori. ^^;

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm still on my first FAQ-free playthrough. I'm finally in my last year, so not too long anymore. I just killed
the Airshatter
, so I'm kinda excited where this leads me.
Also, in that last fight I finally noticed the greatness of Totori's Duplicate skill + Elixir. And I was so close to replacing her.

Rarutos

Do you think its easier to get Platinum then Totori?

I will add that two of the required bosses for a couple endings can be very tough even in the 60 range of levels. So in that aspect Meruru can be a bit harder in terms of fights. I guess it makes sense with the higher level cap though. Meruru also has a lacking of a dimension egg like item, so there's no way to move twice in one action unless you have something that gives the Quick status.

Honestly, after getting Gio I felt like the battle system really is a simpler version of Mana-Khemia's. It's pretty great. <3

Top Bottom