• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza and DLC (Come for the Costumes, Stay for the Island)

The availability of Atelier Ryza as a digital download for the Nintendo Switch has made access to this game effortless, which I appreciate. What I have found confusing is the DLC. The Atelier Ryza Wiki has cleared up some of the confusion, but I was curious about this quote

A summer-themed costume for Ryza (Summer Adventure!) is available for free in the PS Store, Nintendo eShop and Steam for those players that bought the game during the first two weeks after launch.

tokuten01.jpg

Another costume for Ryza (Divertimento's Embrace) is also given as a free bonus for players that pre-ordered the game. A special event scene is also included with the costume.

tokuten02.jpg

Purchasers of the Digital Deluxe Edition also have access to various costumes, decorative elements for the atelier and other items.

img-ddx.jpg

Does this mean that Ryza's Summer Adventure and Divertimento's Embrace costumes are inaccessible for people who are late to the party?

On Koei Tecmo's website they state:
This item (Ryza's Summer Adventure outfit) may become available for purchase at a later period.

I heard that the pre-order costumes were included with the Digital Deluxe Edition, yet the picture has no mention of them.

There's a season pass with access to a new island, which is retailing at $54 USD, which I imagine is another games' worth of content.

atelier-ryza-season-pass-kurken-island-jam-packed-pass-hero.jpg

I saw that the game has gone on sale for Nintendo's eShop, it's $42 USD for the standard edition, which piqued my interest about all the other editions.

Also, Ryza tax

ERBfHlcU0AAjMOV

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I already bought your game Koei Tecmo I will not buy cosmetic dlc.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It’s it gonna have new island to explore, that could be interesting, new material to gather and get new recipe.
I'm still mad they put character interactions behind a paywall. I'd rather just replay Ayesha honestly.

Man atelier ryza might be one of the most disappointing games i've played recently. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I actually regret buying it lmao.

Last edited:

V2Tommy

That is one nice outfit. I will pay up to $100 to see my character wearing a different set of textures.

I'm still mad they put character interactions behind a paywall. I'd rather just replay Ayesha honestly.

You should've expected it honestly, it's Koei Tecmo, they put everything behind a paywall. They're the greediest Japanese company there is, they're like EA of the eastern world.

I forgot and didn't realize that Koei Tecmo was responsible for Dead or Alive games. That is one of the most blatant series to string out content over the course of "Seasons". Seeing how there is a boat load of DLC for that series, it makes sense that they would use the same formula for Ryza, and since it's had so much success, I don't blame them. I don't think it's a great idea either.

Top Bottom