• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus games release dates announced/or already out for US, but not yet for the EU/UK.

This threads purpose is to list Atlus games (made or just published by them in the US) that don't have a EU release yet or a ways off. This is not a rant thread, just a thread that has all the known EU info in one post.
I will only list the most recent games, and I will try to update this initial post as new information comes to light.

If i'm missing any games, or any info is incorrect or now outdated just let me know

Persona 5

2015 release for US, an official release date has not been set for EU (and in this case I mean year, Sony said 2015 at Playstation Experience last year was a US date, never specified EU AFAIK)

Persona 4 Dancing All Night

2015 for US, Nisa are bringing this game to the EU in Fall 2015

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

Summer for US, coming early 2016 via Nis America

Etrian Mystery Dungeon

Out Today in the US (7th of April), due Fall 2015 via Nis America

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

Out 5th of May for US, coming Fall 2015 via Nis America

Stella Glow

Announced recently for US 2015 release, NIS is bringing this game to the EU in Spring 2016

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal

Summer 2015 for US, confirmed for EU, Fall 2015

The Legend of Legacy

coming Fall 2015 to US, no EU release announced so far

NOTE, most if not all of these games may come to EU eventually but that's not the point of this thread, this is for official dates and announcements, whether they get here via Atlus, NIS America or another party.

Once again if, any info needs adding or changing let me know, I will update accordingly.
Hopefully some EU Gaffers will find this thread helpful in the long run.

If anyone can suggest a better title that would be appreciated.

Jawmuncher

Whoa hold up. They confirmed 2015 for the US for Persona 5? I thought they only confirmed japan?
Regardless of that though the localization for EU has always been pretty sad, a lot of games that are taking far longer than they should to get over there.
I understand the reasoning somewhat since localization there requires multiple languages, but it's still a shame. Nintendo's Region Lock doesn't help either.

Whoa hold up. They confirmed 2015 for the US for Persona 5? I thought they only confirmed japan?
Regardless of that though the localization for EU has always been pretty sad, a lot of games that are taking far longer than they should to get over there.
I understand the reasoning somewhat since localization there requires multiple languages, but it's still a shame. Nintendo's Region Lock doesn't help either.

At Playstation Experience last year, http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/07/persona-5-ps3-ps4-video-america/

RPGCrazied

I have a feeling Persona 5 is going to get delayed to 2016, don't ask me why, but don't see it coming this year for NA.

6 to 1 year delay, eShop only, full price.
That is what happens when you are a European Atlus fan. At least, when NIS America localized Atlus stuff... we had physical releases :/

Eolz

Knowing Atlus their 2015 for the US is most likely a placeholder yeah. Would be (pleasantly) surprised if it isn't pushed back to 2016.

Really a shame how their release schedule and communication is so bad in Europe. Worse than 90% of publishers there...

One of the saddest parts is no translations at all outside of the manual and usually those are poorly translated.

6 to 1 year delay, eShop only, full price.
That is what happens when you are a European Atlus fan. At least, when NIS America localized Atlus stuff... we had physical releases :/
Conception 2 and Citizens of Earth would like to disagree.

At least Atlus know what a sale is though, NISA Europe still don't care. £30 for Etrain Oddysey IV is a bargain compared to the physical versions but a joke compared to the $15 it frequently is in America.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
At least Atlus know what a sale is though, NISA Europe still don't care. £30 for Etrain Oddysey IV is a bargain compared to the physical versions but a joke compared to the $15 it frequently is in America.

This. Atlus has very frequent sales across all platform. NISA Europe? Not really. I'd rather see a digital only release instead of overpriced NISA LE's.

This. Atlus has very frequent sales across all platform. NISA Europe? Not really.

going off on a tangent but part of me thinks that NIS America just forgets about the older games they released here, I swear Cladun X2 has never been on sale on PSN in the EU.

Hasney

Fortunately, I can get P5 and Dancing All Night no problem... The stuff for Nintendo consoles though is a huge slap in the face as always. I mean, how long did we wait for SMT IV? I don;t mind eShop, but the wait is worse.

flohen95

They only translate the manuals and the packaging (if there's a physical release). The only Atlus releases that I know of that offer different in-game languages were Etrian Odyssey 1 (which was localized and published by Nintendo of Europe) and, for whatever reason, Catherine (which I assume is down to the European publisher/localizer in this case, too, but I'm not sure).

And translating the manual is a quick job. Heck, I'd provide them a German translation for free if they'd ask me. Would be worth it if they actually started giving a shit.

Neoweee

Pls no

Bloodborne, Pillars Of Eternity, The Witcher 3, Persona 5

2015 year of the forever for RPGs. Believe.

And Xenoblade X, and a bunch of "lower-tier" RPGs (Etrian 5, Etrian MD, Darkest Dungeon, Sunless Sea, etc.)

It's a great year for RPGs.

Jawmuncher

One of the saddest parts is no translations at all outside of the manual and usually those are poorly translated.

They only translate the manuals and the packaging (if there's a physical release). The only Atlus releases that had in-game language options were Etrian Odyssey 1 (which was localized and published by Nintendo of Europe) and, for whatever reason, Catherine (which I assume is down to the European publisher/localizer in this case, too, but I'm not sure).

And translating the manual is a quick job. Heck, I'd provide them a German translation for free if they'd ask me. Would be worth it if they actually started giving a shit.

Never knew that translating the manual was all that was done. That just makes the wait for those games in the EU even stranger.

Omikaru

P4DAN has me concerned. I know it's on region free Vita, but I won't be importing as I expect the DLC situation (and let's be honest, this game is pretty ripe for more song DLC) will be messy due to the way Vita works. I hope NISA in Europe can get that to us quickly, as they did Persona Q.

Incidentally, Persona 5 is the one I'm least worried about. The delay for Ultimax in EU was nowhere near as bad as Arena, especially given it's an ASW title (who are notorious for EU delays more persistently than Atlus as of late), and it seems Atlus USA went to great efforts with NISA in Europe to get a simultaneous release or Persona Q over here. I expect Persona 5 will have similar efforts going into it. And if not, then I'm pretty committed to importing (PS Store in the US, physical when it finally releases in EU) so I can play on day 1.

What I'm mainly wondering is if the other games, especially the Etrian games, will get anything but an eShop release in Europe. The silence about their EU release is rather worrying.

Edit: Just saw we'll be getting news on the EU publishing partner on Etrian MD in two weeks, so there's that, at least.

Dugna

I'm waiting just a bit longer till I order that P4D LE Vita, hoping we get a situation like with the PQ 3DS I want to be able to trade my old Vita for some credit towards the new one.

ys45

I have a feeling Persona 5 is going to get delayed to 2016, don't ask me why, but don't see it coming this year for NA.

Since they announced the game I got that feeling as well, they are not done with the game itself from what I see. So unless they started localizing the game during the development, I don't see this coming in 2015 either .

And to be honest I would not mind there is way too much rpgs coming out this year .

Yeah I bought an imported version of P4G instead of waiting 3 months (!) to when it launched here.

Region locking is one of the couple things that make me hate Nintendo sometimes.

Was SMTxFE confirmed for EU in 2015 as well? Only watched the NA stream.

Kozuka

I'll import the US version of P5 anyway, but about 3DS i hope a physical release as minimum and with Multi-5 that would be perfect.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I bought an imported version of P4G instead of waiting 3 months (!) to when it launched here.

Region locking is one of the couple things that make me hate Nintendo sometimes.

I don't think it was confirmed for anywhere but JPN this year.

It was in the EU stream, but only Japan has a date so far.

These aren't Atlus developped games. Just published.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't get why they don't just ask Sega to publish it in Europe.

Omikaru

I really hope that EO keeps having retail releases.
Considering we'll get info from the "publishing partner" on Mystery Dungeon in ~two weeks, I expect that one is getting a retail release (if it was eShop only, Atlus USA would just publish it themselves). Considering this is the third one in recent memory getting a retail EU release, it's obviously worth their time to make it happen, so I'm actually not as concerned about EO2 Untold getting an EU retail release eventually.

Some EU info on Record Breaker would be nice.

They seems to be decent enough at publishing their non-Atlus developed games in the EU, since Attack on Titan and Lost Dimension are both confirmed. Wonder what it is about their first party games that makes them so much harder to bring over.

Omikaru

I am going to suffer so much if P5 releases more than 3 days after the NA date for the UK.
I have already resigned myself to buying it on US PSN if it's more than 3 days late in EU, and then buying the domestic retail release whenever it comes out. I've even set aside the cash for it.

Not many games I'd do that for, but P5 is an exception.

Region free, can always import :)

I don't see it being that different to the US release though, not for a major console release.

I have already resigned myself to buying it on US PSN if it's more than 3 days late in EU, and then buying the domestic retail release whenever it comes out. I've even set aside the cash for it.

Not many games I'd do that for, but P5 is an exception.

Ive never imported a game before so imma bit apprehensive about doing it.

I also NEEED the Physical Copy. I love boxes so NA PSN is out of the question unless Atlus decide to be Atlus and do an SMT4.

Lernaean

Banned
Is this a thread intended to piss Europeans off? Because that's exactly what it does.

Oh, and for the millionth time, Atlus never cared about us, but now, i can only blame Sega. They are the parent company and it's their responsibility now.

Thanks for the thread, it's good to centralise this so I can be aware of the dates, as often it's not clear at all what is happening.

To be fair, that's still kind of the case, but it's good to know I can hopefully look to this thread.
Ive never imported a game before so imma bit apprehensive about doing it.
It's not ideal, but VGP make it very, very easy. I've used it multiple times, for Atlus games in particular.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The lack of European release dates makes it harder for me to care about Atlus products, they need to sort this out.

Because Sega is kinda dead to the point they aren't localizing their own titles let alone anybody else.

Sega don't publish anything themselves at retail any more in Europe, they go through Koch Media for the odd physical release they do put out (Football Manager, Total War). Almost certain they'd just fob us off with a digital only releases for the 3DS games if they took care of it rather than licensing to NISA.

hemo memo

Gold Member
We can always buy/import the other version if the wait is long for Persona 5, unless they region-lock it.

Terra_Ex

The lack of a Devil Survivor 2 date concerns me considering the merry saga that befell the first game, I should really look into the region free developments.

Plasma

Banned
I don't really mind as long as I can import, when they region locked P4A and then took 9 months to put it out over here it was incredibly frustrating.

Andrefpvs

I hope Persona 4 Dancing All Night is announced soon for Europe.

That game is going to have DLC and PS Vita doesn't do multiple accounts...

Top Bottom