• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Atlus Leaker]: Persona 3 Reload will receive DLC containing The Answer in the future | Multiple DLC planned to be released within the fiscal year

EDMIX

I hope they vastly improve it from original FES version.

Its pronounced Scam...

me with the $200 limited edition

uhh-ok.gif

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Go fuck yourself Sega.

This is as if The Last Of Us Part I remake had released without Left Behind and six months later Sony decided to charge 20 dollars for that.

Between this, the NG+ in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth being locked behind a paywall and their decision to not make physical releases of some of their games in the West, they're on the road to becoming the most scummy Japanese publisher.

Last edited:

GHG

Didn't they just say there won't be a royal edition?

Regardless, it's ok, I'll now wait.

OuterLimits

Atlus always milked it's fans dry anyway let's not pretend it's just Sega.

Yep. This isn't a new thing since being bought by Sega.

I still find it bizarre that Sega released Yakuza and Persona within a week of each other. Especially both being turn based rpgs.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
All these leakers can fuck off but The Answer as DLC makes sense - as it was always played separate to the main game. Additional scenarios like this make sense as a DLC model, but if they're thinking of adding additional plotlines etc into the main game it's really stupid not to have those ready at launch.

Anybody who plays this now, and then buys The Answer when it launches, isn't going to start the game again for DLC scenario two if it takes place half way through the main game.

Didn't they just say there won't be a royal edition?

Regardless, it's ok, I'll now wait.
There's no need for a Royal edition if it's just DLC

Back in the PS2 days, there wasn't any obvious way to distribute an expansion pack to a PS2 game digitally. In Japan, there was actually a standalone release of Episode Aigis (The Answer) as a separate disc. In North America, they just combined it into the P3 FES release and the The Answer wasn't sold separately.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Their own business practices are why I will probably never buy another persona game. Just out of annoyance. What a mess they’ve made of my library.

mejin

Like I said in another thread: ending sucks in the original. It's incomplete without "The Answer".

Anyway, not in my list right now.

I think the better answer is to just break away from the mold that every game has to be 70. If you think your game is worth 90, drop it for 90 with full feature sets.

I think what they're trying to do here is win the psychological game and prioritize content creation, which is fair, but I don't love it.

StereoVsn

I hope they vastly improve it from original FES version.
I felt the original was not just boring dungeon crawl, but also undermined P3 ending. So yeah, hope they do something good with it.

And yeah, I think waiting a year for a complete version is a good idea.

Top Bottom