• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Will 'Actively Discuss' Bringing Persona 3 and Persona 4 to PS4 If There's an Opportunity

Bullet Club

Banned
Atlus Will 'Actively Discuss' Bringing Persona 3 and Persona 4 to PS4 If There's an Opportunity

It's aware of demand

TAmoVdQ.jpg

Atlus is well aware of the demand for Persona 3 and Persona 4 on PlayStation 4, according to a new interview with GNN Gamer (as translated by Persona Central). Both games originally launched on the PS2, with the enhanced Persona 4 Golden releasing as a PS Vita exclusive years later.

Naturally, the commercial success of Persona 5 has resulted in a lot of players wanting all three games on one platform, ourselves included. Although Atlus doesn't seem to have any plans right now, software director Naoto Hiraoka does say that the company will "actively discuss" the possibility, should the opportunity arise.

Of course, Atlus appears to have its hands full right now with whatever Persona 5: The Royal is, as well as the mysterious Persona 5 S. Once all that's out of the way, then maybe its efforts can be directed elsewhere.

Would you like to play through Persona 3 and Persona 4 again on PS4? Or perhaps you've only played Persona 5 and want to try the previous games?

Source PushSquare

I would prefer they bring them to the Switch. The PSP and Vita has shown me I like Persona best when on a handheld and can play it anywhere and when I want.

cireza

Let's remake the same games over and over on the same consoles.

I don't understand how Sega has not already shook things up at Atlus.

The Snake

Would much rather have Nocturne.

I like Persona but I'm really tired of Atlus riding its dick. Give us more blasphemous god killing, please.

cireza

Atlus in 2019 : we are going to make efforts to release games in Japan and Asia from day one.
Other companies have been releasing their RPGs on all consoles worldwide for more than 10 years.

3 years later : we are still developing Shin Megami Tensei V and Project Re-Fantasy. Amazing !

By the way, 13 Sentinels will be released some day !

Sega IPs ? We are not interested thanks. Instead let us remake the same games again and again and again only on Playstation B)

The Snake

Sega IPs ? We are not interested thanks. Instead let us remake the same games again and again and again only on Playstation B)

Yeah, I really feel like they'd strike gold with the Persona games on Switch. Hell, I'd probably consider buying 3 again on Switch.

cireza

Yeah, I really feel like they'd strike gold with the Persona games on Switch. Hell, I'd probably consider buying 3 again on Switch.
This also applies to their work on 3DS. Half of their games are actually remasters, and are even not that old (coming from the DS). Seriously.

And Switch is fine, but they should simply release their biggest games on all consoles + PC. This is not 1995 anymore.

And they don't have an excuse, Sega is here to provide the support for handling many systems. This should have become a result of the acquisition of Atlus by Sega, still nothing has changed...

Last edited:

The Snake

This also applies to their work on 3DS. Half of their games are actually remasters, and are even not that old (coming from the DS). Seriously.

Right! I bought the re(make? master?) of Strange Journey just because I effing love that game, but it felt kind of unnecessary. I mean, the system it was released on could literally play the original release, and it wasn't even old yet.

Oh well.

cireza

Right! I bought the re(make? master?) of Strange Journey just because I effing love that game, but it felt kind of unnecessary. I mean, the system it was released on could literally play the original release, and it wasn't even old yet.

Oh well.
They did the same thing with Dragon"s Crown, Catherine Full Body and so on. Remakes of the same games, but not more consoles in the equation. No surprise if the games fail. I am pretty sure that Dragon's Crown would have sold pretty good on Switch + Xbox + PC.

Can't wait for Dragon's Crown Proer to be released on PS5 for even worse sales numbers.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

When people say "When we see the demand" usually means we aren't getting it.

I remember Namco saying this awhile back about Xenosaga HD collection.

Top Bottom