• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack On Titan – Fan-made prototype game available now, powered by Unity 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Amazing anime"... really? Are standards that low?
It's better than every JRPG which had been released for this generation's home consoles with the sole exception of Valkyria Chronicles.

Well, maybe Xenoblade too. Too bad that game was for Wii so I never got to play it.

Holy shit that anime is bad. Awful animation, asinine story, typical cookie cutter characters, just awful. I only watched it because people saying it was amazing in this thread.

Seriously, that game in the OP is probably better than what I just watched.
In this thread?
Did you just watch 5 minutes of the first episode?
Which is not even close to what the actual story is?

Daingurse

The Hunter x Hunter 2011 edition would like a word with you.

Now this is a sentiment I can share! But trying to stay on topic, I tried the game it was pretty fun. Attack on Titan is ripe for a game IMO. I love the overall atmosphere, tone and premise of the series. Being an average grunt without plot armor would be great in a game. Titans are still great, creepy motherfuckers.

Jbchzhc.jpg

baphomet

In this thread?
Did you just watch 5 minutes of the first episode?
Which is not even close to what the actual story is?

It didn't even take half an episode and a few "epic battle scenes" on YouTube to know its awful. Literally every trope you could possible stuff in there in the ~20 minutes I watched. Not to mention the other things like bad animation and the entire city being reboot quality CG.

Mengetsu

Wow, I've never seen so much hatred for this show. I enjoy it a lot, one of my favorites this season. A game base around it could be cool.

Eh, there's a lot of hyberbole going around. The anime is still pretty good. It's slowed down the past few episodes but it isn't bad.

I'v never understood the hate most Anime gets around here. Seems like it has to be "High Caliber" cause if animation dips or story takes a "Shonen" plot things can't be taken serious. For me it's an imaginary land to walk into for 20 minutes it's and in most they have powers or out of this world abilities there for it shouldn't be taken so seriously. Some are good and some are bad but, I respect others opinion on it. Wish sometimes people wouldn't poop on something others like but, then this world would be boring right?

Soma

wait, so the anime is bad? I watch the first 4 or 5 ep and it seems good. I also read a little bit of the manga and it's really good. what's wrong with the anime?
The main complaint has been the pacing for the past 3 episodes.

Other than that it's been fine.

But yeah, this game is fun. Controls take a bit to get used to but it's surprisingly good.

It is glorious. They even made it to the arc that didn't get animated the first time around.

But on topic, if a AoT game were to actually be professionally made: Spiderman 2 swing mechanics, MGR style aerial combat & open world gameplay. You're welcome.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It is glorious. They even made it to the arc that didn't get animated the first time around.

But on topic, if a AoT game were to actually be professionally made: Spiderman 2 swing mechanics, MGR style aerial combat & open world gameplay. You're welcome.

The game is actually pretty fun but it'd be easier if the camera was much more... reliable. It's so annoying to control that crap.

It didn't even take half an episode and a few "epic battle scenes" on YouTube to know its awful. Literally every trope you could possible stuff in there in the ~20 minutes I watched. Not to mention the other things like bad animation and the entire city being reboot quality CG.
Are you saying you didn't even watch a full episode and you just watched a few clips on Youtube?
:|

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Those with final fantasy avatars should not throw stones.

I'm beginning to notice an increasing amount of "Your opinion/statement is invalid because of [insert avatar]" or something along these lines. This is as almost as bad as ad hominems. Let's not resort to these immature behaviors.

Daingurse

This is fine. As long as I can't--Attack on Titan Spoilers---
go Titan
I'm good.

Village

I'm beginning to notice an increasing amount of "Your opinion/statement is invalid because of [insert avatar]" or something along these lines. This is as almost as bad as ad hominems. Let's not resort to these immature behaviors.

It is a joke.

I post in the FFXV thread.

Do I have to add one of ": P "' those every time or what?

I thought we were talking about Attack on Titan, not The Devil is a Part-Timer?

As much as I liked that show, and I liked it a lot, even in this season alone it's bested by Attack on Titan, Railgun S, and before it jumped the shark and went off the rails Gargantia.

Daingurse

yes, they made an anime adaptation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Battle Tendency, but i don't see what that has to do with this thread

tumblr_mor8grYQj41svvzlto1_500.jpg

Yeah, my brother was complaining just the other day about how that kind of ruined the story for him. Can't say that I blame him, it went from amazing to "ehh this again?" Still a great show though.

This did kinda kill my buzz with the series. I remember being so hype for Attack on Titan, I couldn't even wait after episode 5 and started reading the manga. Then I got to that revelation and I've been kinda lukewarm ever since. The show just hit all the beats for me at first, as I am enourmous kaiju fan, and frankly love my shit grim, dark and bleak.

I love how AnimeGAF has pretty much come and taken over this thread xD

Reminds me, I should hang with you guys more, most of you seem like my kind of people.

Played the game for a bit, decent, but that camera is a bit....unruly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom