• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATTN JP Gaffers. Need your help on PSU beta giveway..

kiryogi

Banned
Apparently around August 12-13th, these stores will be giving away the PS2 PSU beta that has limited online/offline play. I want to get my hands on this! I will pay for your services XD

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/teaser/index10.html

August 12:

12:00-18:00 - Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Sapporo - Sapporo, Hokkaido - 3rd Floor Game Corner
12:00-19:00 - Yodobashi Shinjuku West Side Store - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-19:00 - Sofmap Akihabara Main Store - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-19:00 - Messe Sanoh Main Store - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-19:00 - Laox Asobit Game City - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-19:00 - Sakuraya East Shinjuku Hobby Shop - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-18:00 - Imagine Bookstore, South Kasugai Location - Kasugai, Aichi - Inside Store
12:00-18:00 - Sofmap Giga Store, Central Nogoya Station Location - Nagoya, Aichi - Inside Store
12:00-19:00 - Joshin, Hankyuu Disctrict Three - Osaka - Store Front
12:00-18:00 - Sofmap, Nanba Store Saurus 1 - Osaka - Store Front
12:00-17:00 - Sofmap, Osaka & Nihonbashi Store #2 - Osaka - Inside Store
12:00-19:00 - Joshin, Himeji Otsu Location - Hyogo - Inside Store
12:00-19:00 - Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Hakata Location - Fukuoka - Inside Store

August 13:

12:00-17:00 - Sofmap Giga Store, Tennoji Location - Osaka - Inside Store
12:00-18:00 - Youing, Hamasen Location - Kumamoto - 2nd Floor Game Corner

Please lend a helping hand!

Thanks!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What the hell is this bullshit? Why isn`t Yodobashi Umeda on the list? I have to go to ****ing Sofmap in Namba? Lame.

I`ll try to get you one yoh, but I doubt they`ll give me two. Better find a back up.

kiryogi

Banned
TheTrin said:
What the hell is this bullshit? Why isn`t Yodobashi Umeda on the list? I have to go to ****ing Sofmap in Namba? Lame.

I`ll try to get you one yoh, but I doubt they`ll give me two. Better find a back up.

<3

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh, even lamer. I have to work on saturday (I have sunday and monday off), so I have to go to the Sofmap in Tennoji on the 13th. Wtf, Sega. Are you trying to make it difficult for me to get the damn game?

Troidal

12:00-19:00 - Sofmap Akihabara Main Store - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-19:00 - Messe Sanoh Main Store - Tokyo - Store Front
12:00-19:00 - Laox Asobit Game City - Tokyo - Store Front

Woo, I can make 3 sweeps by going to Akiba. Muhihihihi....

Oh, man, I want this so bad. There's no way I would ever be able to get one, though.

Well, looks like it's finally time to start cutting myself.

Brofist

TheTrin said:
Oh, even lamer. I have to work on saturday (I have sunday and monday off), so I have to go to the Sofmap in Tennoji on the 13th. Wtf, Sega. Are you trying to make it difficult for me to get the damn game?

sucks for you :p I work on Saturday as well, but my work is in Honmachi so it's pretty close.

thetrin

kpop100 said:
sucks for you :p I work on Saturday as well, but my work is in Honmachi so it's pretty close.

Tennoji isn't that far from me. I'm just phenomenally lazy.

Ronok

If anyone could get me a copy as well I would be amazingly grateful! I would obviously pay for the evil shipping to UK etc...... If you think you'll be able to get me a copy please send me a pm. :) Thanks. XD

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
If anyone does get one, could you post if it has any language options like PSO?

Not sure if the demo is offline/online, or it would have the option screen in it, but if English could be confirmed it would make importing it on August 31st a definite.

Cheers!

kiryogi

Banned
Today's that big day folks! I wish you all best of luck. I also forgot to ask one more thing. Is anyone willing to provide netcash? Youll be paid of course.

thetrin

Didn't she go to local stores? I'm going to hit up Yodobashi and sofmap and see what happens.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, did anyone manage to get one? Luckily, I did manage to score one thanks to same girl I mentioned. No thanks to you all! You lose out on 60$! You hear that! Also shes covering my netcash worries so yay! Ahem, on a more proper note with some impressions.

Story mode is just basically the first chapter of the game. Everythings pretty much locked out, and its a oneway trip to the end. The cutscenes are somewhat entertaining, and is covers half of the first chapter. Right now, my thoughts on this ever so great single player they've been hyping about are really negative right now. It's really just a more fluffy PSOffline with competent partner AI. I was quite literally bored and quite poking fun at in in the PSU channel I'm in. However, it's still early, it's not like I could go anywhere or meet more of the cast. But for now, I'm more excited about heading online first thing come September 1st or 2nd. (Whenever UPS express arrives) :D Well, actually with the Premiere disk in hand, I'll be heading online for it this coming friday. (I expect it in 2-3 days)

thetrin

I tried to get you one. Before I did, I tried the game over at Yodobashi Camera, and uh...it sucked...a lot. I`m a huge PSO fan, but PSU seems like total trash to me.

The worst part was when I was standing inside a wall. That`s classy collision detection right there!

kiryogi

Banned
TheTrin said:
I tried to get you one. Before I did, I tried the game over at Yodobashi Camera, and uh...it sucked...a lot. I`m a huge PSO fan, but PSU seems like total trash to me.

The worst part was when I was standing inside a wall. That`s classy collision detection right there!

Really? What didn't you like? I really enjoyed my online experience during the closed beta they held on for the PC version 3 months ago. It was practically the PSO2 with all the improvements we've been all waiting on. That easily sealed the deal for me there, I'm just disappointed to see that single player so far is really meh.

thetrin

kiryogi said:
Really? What didn't you like? I really enjoyed my online experience during the closed beta they held on for the PC version 3 months ago. It was practically the PSO2 with all the improvements we've been all waiting on. That easily sealed the deal for me there, I'm just disappointed to see that single player so far is really meh.

Well, to put things into perspective, I thought PSOBB was complete shite too. I would be less critical if there wasn`t a monthly fee to play it online. A dungeon crawler...with a monthly fee...uuuhhhh.

Red Scarlet

TheTrin said:

He just wanted the game, not your review!

duckroll

Wow, single player sounds like ass. That's too bad because that was the only reason I was even interested in PSU. Pay-to-play-weaksauce-Diablo-2 FTL. I'll just put my money to better things.

kiryogi

Banned
TheTrin said:
Well, to put things into perspective, I thought PSOBB was complete shite too. I would be less critical if there wasn`t a monthly fee to play it online. A dungeon crawler...with a monthly fee...uuuhhhh.

Why didn't you like PSOBB anywho? It's still PSO, and the best revision of it so far.

thetrin

Jonnyram said:
If the Hunters License is free on the 360 version, I'll get this.
Otherwise they can **** off.

My feeling exactly. I`m willing to let a LOT of stuff slide in PSU as long as they don`t charge for the hunter`s license.

kiryogi said:
Why didn't you like PSOBB anywho? It's still PSO, and the best revision of it so far.

For exactly that reason: it`s a revision. Not only that, but it was a revision with a relatively weak community message board (something along the lines of WoW`s message board would`ve been far better, where your name is more tied to your character stats).

On top of that, it just didn`t feel that great on a keyboard, or on a controller, no matter which controller I used.

EDIT: Why in god`s name can I see Jonnyram`s cursing? MY VIRGIN EYES.

kiryogi

Banned
In any case were it actually free, it'd only be for gold. But who knows, look back at how it was for PSO xbox. :lol

thetrin

kiryogi said:
In any case were it actually free, it'd only be for gold. But who knows, look back at how it was for PSO xbox. :lol

God, don`t remind me of that bullshit.

PSU ftl. I`d rather go play Diablo 2 again.

Jonnyram

kiryogi said:
I'm hoping that Chromehounds is an indication of their generosity ;)

kiryogi

Banned
I'm back baby. It feels good to be back online for PSU :D Great that I can still access it overseas. Anyone bother to get it or playing it online at all?

MrDaravon

kiryogi said:
Well, did anyone manage to get one? Luckily, I did manage to score one thanks to same girl I mentioned. No thanks to you all! You lose out on 60$! You hear that! Also shes covering my netcash worries so yay! Ahem, on a more proper note with some impressions.

Story mode is just basically the first chapter of the game. Everythings pretty much locked out, and its a oneway trip to the end. The cutscenes are somewhat entertaining, and is covers half of the first chapter. Right now, my thoughts on this ever so great single player they've been hyping about are really negative right now. It's really just a more fluffy PSOffline with competent partner AI. I was quite literally bored and quite poking fun at in in the PSU channel I'm in. However, it's still early, it's not like I could go anywhere or meet more of the cast. But for now, I'm more excited about heading online first thing come September 1st or 2nd. (Whenever UPS express arrives) :D Well, actually with the Premiere disk in hand, I'll be heading online for it this coming friday. (I expect it in 2-3 days)

Were you really expecting single player to be anything better than it was in PSO 1/2? Let's not kid ourselves, NO one is buying this for single player. Also does the beta have a language option?

Even though this was one of my most anticipated games... ever, I'm still oddly relieved to hear that it may not be worth my time. There's just too many games out there, and I don't have the money or the MASSIVE amounts of time for a PSO.

MrDaravon

the year 20XX said:
Even though this was one of my most anticipated games... ever, I'm still oddly relieved to hear that it may not be worth my time. There's just too many games out there, and I don't have the money or the MASSIVE amounts of time for a PSO.

?

Almost all the impressions I've seen online have been very positive (at least if you liked PSO at all to begin with).

kiryogi

Banned
JP only although the network setup was in english. And well they've been hyping it this whole time, but like I said. It's just rather limited right now. I guess when you can actually not get locked off from half the damn shops and get off that linear route itd be fun. Like I said, it's only chapter 1.

Shouta

SailorDaravon said:
?

Almost all the impressions I've seen online have been very positive (at least if you liked PSO at all to begin with).

Well, positive if you're a PSO fan. The game doesn't really change enough to draw in new fans but does add enough to bring fans back.

SailorDaravon said:
?

I was referring specifically to the impressions from this thread (that it was pretty much boring in single player.)

Top Bottom