• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Pretty much what agyar said.

I haven't used 365games in a while but found the shipping times back then to the same as zavvi at the moment. They could have gotten quicker though. I know i've always gotten an email from zavvi saying my shits been shipped not long after i put in an order for it.

But remember to add 2.50pounds to *every* item on zavvi you order. They don't bulk ship items.

trinest

The Hut Group has multipal sites- and occasionally different specials on them- so its worth checking out othersites owned by The Hut then just Zavvi.

rass

couldn't hear a thing over everyone getting a bargain I'll bet

and yes, the rain was shit hot in Eltham too, the office fireplace cover blew the fuck over. stupid chimney/vertical wind tunnel

Stryder said:
$449 according to an EB email I received yesterday, and they'll be on sale on July 1st.

Hmmm, $250 vs $450. Only if the slims are going to be reliable would I regret buying a $250 elite. Shit, you could buy 2 and nearly still be good. The Slims haven't actually added anything else, just the assumed promise of better hardware.

Hmm!

Any way to tell if these consoles are reliable ones? I've never bought a 360 always just using housemates'.

Fredescu said:
They've added a couple of things like built in wi fi and some other connectors.

Built in Wifi is nice I guess, but Wifi adapters will probably become cheaper now anyway. And our internet here is soooo shit it doesn't really matter anyway. I think i'm gonna snap up one of these JB deals.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
christ, we just got that sudden burst of rain and wind

crazy

evlcookie said:
Pretty much what agyar said.

I haven't used 365games in a while but found the shipping times back then to the same as zavvi at the moment. They could have gotten quicker though. I know i've always gotten an email from zavvi saying my shits been shipped not long after i put in an order for it.

But remember to add 2.50pounds to *every* item on zavvi you order. They don't bulk ship items.

I ordered my first thing (Bayonetta) from zavvi and it took 10 days to get delivered from when their site said it was dispatched. Not to bad. Whats the usual time with 365?

Mar

DualShadow said:
I ordered my first thing (Bayonetta) from zavvi and it took 10 days to get delivered from when their site said it was dispatched. Not to bad. Whats the usual time with 365?

I've never ordered from any of these places until today. But Play-Asia has delivered my stuff in 1 and a half days at times. I don't expect anything to beat or equal that though.

Bernbaum

In my brief time at E3 I have met a lot of well-known games journalists and renowned developers, but today will forever be remembered as the day I had lunch next to Translator Guy.

Agyar

DualShadow said:

If the item is in stock, Zavvi and 365 are pretty close (both ship from the UK). Expect anywhere from 5-10 business days. Preorders are a different story as it depends on stock but I've found 365 to be very reliable with stocking and shipping the preorder on time. I had Red Dead Redemption 5 business days after shipping and it was shipped the day before release in the UK (which was effectively the release day here).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
In my brief time at E3 I have met a lot of well-known games journalists and renowned developers, but today will forever be remembered as the day I had lunch next to Translator Guy.

Did you tell him he was famous on the internet? Should have spoken to him.

How are you enjoying E3 bern? Would you go back without the press badge and just as a gamer? Or does the badge just make it that much better?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Blurays from zavvi aren't all that cheap these days :(

Wouldn't mind the zodiac and 2001 which comes to 15pounds for the 2, add in another AUD$4 for shipping and it comes to about AUD$34 delivered. Both are on order from JB for $20 each plus $2.50 delivery. So you save about $10. Not bad, but not great. Damn you dollar!!!

trinest

Danoss said:
That's the most detail I have seen about it. The more details I hear, the more horrifying it is.

Police state incoming.
Whens the bloody election so we can kick these fuckers out already.

evlcookie said:
Blurays from zavvi aren't all that cheap these days :(

Wouldn't mind the zodiac and 2001 which comes to 15pounds for the 2, add in another AUD$4 for shipping and it comes to about AUD$34 delivered. Both are on order from JB for $20 each plus $2.50 delivery. So you save about $10. Not bad, but not great. Damn you dollar!!!
Thehut is the one which usually has blurays on special- Zavvi seems to be more inclided to drop game prices but be more static on other things (and visa versa). Essencialy look at their sales- also expecially with the parent site the hut- they have things like "nintendo days" and "bluray days" etc.

Also preordered stuff- and old stuff will be more likely around 10 pound - 15 pound. New releases will be very rarly that cheap.

Mar said:
I've never ordered from any of these places until today. But Play-Asia has delivered my stuff in 1 and a half days at times. I don't expect anything to beat or equal that though.

1-2 days is really impressive, i doubt anywhere will beat that.

I find their site to be a little confusing at times :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea i was actually looking at the hut when i did that calculation. The 2 for 15p offer and noticed some decent movies there. Compared them with jbhifi and while it's a saving, it's not a huge saving.

I just put in zavvi because it's a bad habit :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ATTN AUSGAF

ZealousD said:
Anybody in Australia or New Zealand should go to the Battle.net forums ASAP and post a Traceroute.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25399742814&sid=3000

Right now, Blizzard is considering throwing Oceanic players onto the Southeast Asia server, throwing them in with a lot of people who don't speak English. And it seems that based on their ISP, they'd actually encounter latencies higher than if they were connected to the US.

If enough Oceanic players post high latency data to Blizzard's SEA data center, Blizzard will likely consider putting them on the NA server.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Good to see a blue post, that gives me some sort of bloody faith. Will do a trace and post when i get home. I guess that 18 page thread finally got some attention, yay!

What's with the crazy login up the top? Asking for a CD key and stuff :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's just your Battle.net account and any Blizz CD key you might have.

Aon

kraken.jpg

Choc

Banned
Criterion NFS is RELEASE THE KRAKEN

it's awesome

MGS 3DS in person is faaaaaaarkin fantastic.

3DS is so so so so so good, i want its children!

Gazunta

Choc said:
Criterion NFS is Chase HQ HD
Less talk more visiting me at the WB or Atari booths.

Bernbaum is an outgoing, friendly guy with loads of enthusiasm and passion for video games.

He'll be a bitter alcoholic snorting coke off discarded business cards by the next E3

Axiom

I won't lie, I fucking loved the Chase HQ games and anyone drawing that comparison as a bad thing is just selling me a racing game I'd otherwise never buy.

Gazunta

Oh believe me it's intended as a compliment.

And I played CRACKDOWN 2 OMG CRACKDOWN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRACKDOWN 2!!!!!!

Crackdown 2

Ydahs

What a shitty day. Had an exam in the royal exhibition building where I lost all concentration for half an hour due to the deafening rain, then I find out my grandfather passed away :(

And now I have another exam on Monday with that in my mind :(

Like sucks.

Ydahs said:
What a shitty day. Had an exam in the royal exhibition building where I lost all concentration for half an hour due to the deafening rain, then I find out my grandfather passed away :(

Like sucks.

Sorry for your loss mate, hope you pull through ok.

Cohsae

Ydahs said:

Like sucks.
Sorry for your loss mate, that does suck, exam time is stressful enough at the best of times.
If you contact your course coordinator and explain the situation you might be able to get special consideration, like rescheduling the exam to allow you to be with your family, that sort of thing.

Ydahs said:

Like sucks.

Happened to me last year at end-of-year exams and assignments. My grandmother passed away. It's not easy dude, but it gets easier.

Ydahs said:

Like sucks.

My condolences mate..

It will get easier, but in the meantime you contact course/school coordinators when you are able to organise something.

Mar

Gazunta said:
Less talk more visiting me at the WB or Atari booths.

Bernbaum is an outgoing, friendly guy with loads of enthusiasm and passion for video games.

He'll be a bitter alcoholic snorting coke off discarded business cards by the next E3

This reminds me, and I thought I'd never say this. I want to work in video games. Press side or developer side, whatever. Ausgaf, what are your tips on getting in on the industry. What training do I need? I'm guessing my 10 years of IT work and being a linux / unix server admin will amount to sweet fuck all.

Axiom said:
I won't lie, I fucking loved the Chase HQ games and anyone drawing that comparison as a bad thing is just selling me a racing game I'd otherwise never buy.

Same. Loved the first Chase HQ. It blew my small mind back then.

Ydahs said:

That really sucks dude. I'm genuinely sorry for your loss. Were you close?

Ydahs

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll consider contacting the course co-ordinator, but only if I really need to. I don't want to stress over exams for another month. Studying might also help ease the pain.

Mar said:
That really sucks dude. I'm genuinely sorry for your loss. Were you close?
He lives (or lived...) in Lebanon and this summer was the first time I saw him since I was five. I spent two months living with him and my grandma and those were some of the best moments of my life. We always talked on the phone, but considering I was born in Australia, my Arabic is very weak so it meant that much more to meet him in person.

He didn't say much and was generally weak from his battle with cancer, but just meeting him meant the world to me.

My final words to him were "may God have mercy on your soul", just two days ago.

I've never experienced losing a close family member before and I always hear people saying it's times like these that you focus on all the good memories, but the good memories are the ones which bring out the most sorrow.

Sorry for the emotional outburst GAF, but I guess I needed to say something. Once again, thank you all for your kind words.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you got to meet him again. All the best.

Mar

Ydahs said:
Thank you all for the kind words. I'll consider contacting the course co-ordinator, but only if I really need to. I don't want to stress over exams for another month. Studying might also help ease the pain.

He lives (or lived...) in Lebanon and this summer was the first time I saw him since I was five. I spent two months living with him and my grandma and those were some of the best moments of my life. We always talked on the phone, but considering I was born in Australia, my Arabic is very weak so it meant that much more to meet him in person.

He didn't say much and was generally weak from his battle with cancer, but just meeting him meant the world to me.

My final words to him were "may God have mercy on your soul", just two days ago.

I've never experienced losing a close family member before and I always hear people saying it's times like these that you focus on all the good memories, but the good memories are the ones which bring out the most sorrow.

Sorry for the emotional outburst GAF, but I guess I needed to say something. Once again, thank you all for your kind words.

It's hard losing someone close. I lost an uncle and it affected me greatly. It in fact changed my outlook on life in a big way. Not in a 'oh I'm just happy to be alive' way. But the way in which people live and the goals people strive for.

I had no idea it would even get me like that, but it did. I hope things pick up for you man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom