• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian burnout contest

Gander

Banned
It's a combination of insane horsepower and driving skill, I hope it catches on in the states.

Last edited:
It's a combination of insane horsepower and driving skill, I hope it catches on in the states.

Cant believe you dont have these comps in the states...its like a rite of passage here in aus
When you get your p plates you immediately go to the nearest maccas in your commodore and proceed to show the ladies the power of your 10-15 year old v6 engine and your complete lack of driving skills chucking some doughies

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Cant believe you dont have these comps in the states...its like a rite of passage here in aus
When you get your p plates you immediately go to the nearest maccas in your commodore and proceed to show the ladies the power of your 10-15 year old v6 engine and your complete lack of driving skills chucking some doughies

Don't forget showing off with the diff your uncle jonno welded!

Gander

Banned
I think Austrailia is way ahead of the U.S. when it comes to this sport. Most U.S. events have the cars stay stationary and they don't use burnout pads.

U.S. does have the car culture to make it big here though.

Hudo

Is it true that GM and Ford fans are getting drunk and fighting each other, like in a Capcom Beat 'Em Up? If so, that's kinda awesome.

Mohonky

Is it true that GM and Ford fans are getting drunk and fighting each other, like in a Capcom Beat 'Em Up? If so, that's kinda awesome.

Well Holden and Ford yes.

Families have been known to be broken over someone choosing to switch sides. It's kind of tribal. Some people are 'born' into a Ford or Holden family and never shall you stray to the other side.

Of course that's the extreme end, some fans just do it to rub it into one anothers faces, but some bogans can take it very seriously yes

Hudo

Well Holden and Ford yes.

Families have been known to be broken over someone choosing to switch sides. It's kind of tribal. Some people are 'born' into a Ford or Holden family and never shall you stray to the other side.

Of course that's the extreme end, some fans just do it to rub it into one anothers faces, but some bogans can take it very seriously yes
I wonder why that "folklore" was omitted in Mad Max. That would be an interesting thing to incorporate in the story. Tribes that revolve around certain manufacturers (even if they heavily modify those vehicles).

Top Bottom