• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

I wouldn't say Nadal played great, but he did seem to start hitting his inside out forehand more which has been missing from his game for a long time. His groundstroke depth is still shocking, he needs to increase it dramatically if he wants to actually win the tournament.

Smellycat

If Murray loses today and Federer wins

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Are we going to have a Federer vs Nadal final?

I hope not. I can't bear to see Federer lose ANOTHER GS final to Nadal

Whatever the end result of the tournament is it had turned out to be one of the most interesting in years. Maybe we'll fine see the end of the top 4 dominance? I mean it has to happen eventually.

wtf. i was checking scores on the app and it showed Wawa losing the first and then losing the second. i come home and he won both?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
They showed a stat during the match, fewest break points faced for men and women. Murray was top for men at eight. He's faced sixteen in this match so far.

for murray to go out now after his tormenter at this tournament finally goes out early would be such a cruel joke

but he's a knight of the realm and a multimillionaire so whatevs

just as long as nadal doesn't win it

Ash_69

I wouldn't say Nadal played great, but he did seem to start hitting his inside out forehand more which has been missing from his game for a long time. His groundstroke depth is still shocking, he needs to increase it dramatically if he wants to actually win the tournament.

I agree. It's been weird seeing Nadal with significantly less offensive weapons than I remember in the past. His loopy non penetrative shots are going to get blasted into another time zone by the better more consistent players. He started to find the inside out but he needs to go for it far more. His amazing defence alone isn't going to work against someone like Murray or even raonic.

Speevy

Banned
I agree. It's been weird seeing Nadal with significantly less offensive weapons than I remember in the past. His loopy non penetrative shots are going to get blasted into another time zone by the better more consistent players. He started to find the inside out but he needs to go for it far more. His amazing defence alone isn't going to work against someone like Murray or even raonic.

I don't think he has to worry about Murray anymore in this tournament.

Kensuke

Wait what, I wake up to Zverev close to winning the match. What happened? Is Zverev playing out of his mind or is Murray no good today?

Speevy

Banned
Wait what, I wake up to Zverev close to winning the match. What happened? Is Zverev playing out of his mind or is Murray no good today?

Both. Zverev is quite comfortably winning almost every rally that happens, serving better, and returning better. If I didn't know anything about tennis I'd swear Zverev was the #1 player and Murray was 50 based on this match.

Kensuke

Murray clowned around for the first 3 sets and now Zrerev is playing at 800%.

Both. Zverev is quite comfortably winning almost every rally that happens, serving better, and returning better. If I didn't know anything about tennis I'd swear Zverev was the #1 player and Murray was 50 based on this match.

Heh, I never expected this to happen. Murray has been solid for months. 1 game away from losing, wow.

Kensuke

Murray just needs this break to turn the match around completely. And Zverec will be feeling that incredible pressure.

dude won 1 game at the aussie open in his whole career and he's almost 30.

now he beats the number 1 to advance to the quarter finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom