• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - PC Features Trailer With New Footage Released

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(Unrelated to topic) Why do I get captchas on mobile like this? Anyone know?

ik5HNdS.png

Last edited:

john2gr

Yh pretty sure we heard it was supposed to have RTGI a while back. I can't remember who from. Apparently it's well known that developers have cut back on RT feature sets in certain games as to not make AMD look bad, much to the annoyance of Nvidia developers.

Here is the tricky part. Bethesda refers to RTGI as Real-Time Global Illumination (and not Ray Tracing Global Illumination). So technically, Ubisoft can claim that RTGI (Real-Time Global Illumination) is for all platforms. In 2021, they specifically said that the game would have Ray Tracing Global Illumination. Since we now know that the consoles will also support it, I can assume that they dropped support for ray-traced global illumination and they now use a simpler real-time global illumination solution.

Last edited:

john2gr

Just had a quick chat with a friend in the know who told me that the RTGI will work on both RT and non-RT GPUs with lower ray count on the latter. Supposedly, this new snowdrop engine which was designed for current-gen consoles and PC hardware has been built with a heavy focus on RTGI.

Oh, and besides FSR2 and DLSS it should also support XeSS, and maybe something extra down the line. 😜

That's not how RTGI (Ray Tracing Global Illumination) works, you can't magically make it run on non-RT GPUs. As I said, Ubisoft is now misleading gamers by using the term RTGI when they mean Real-Time Global Illumination and not Ray Tracing Global Illumination. This is exactly what Bethesda also did with Starfield (in which it claims that it supports Real-Time Global Illumination).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If this looks last gen then we may as well pack in this gen and go home.

Your unique takes continue to be, er unique.
Looks literally 20x times better than the late PS3 abomination that is flopspoken. Try harder.
Forspoken looks pretty good. I never said anything about forspoken her.

This doesn't seem to be doing anything special. Last gen had tlou2, forbidden west and ragnarok.
Avatar just has a lot of grass. Doesn't seem especially modern ... looks kinda flatish tbh.
Pushing LOD and vegetation can be considered progress too.
I am not too impressed is all

M.W.

Something tells me this is gonna be butt on consoles. Ubisoft doesn't support FOV sliders on console plus I assume the IQ will be a mess.

How can AMD have the budget to secure these deals while Nvidia who is literally making billions every quarter cant match their offer?
lol they don't care about PC gamers anymore. They can sell their mining and ai shit for a lot more money to other people. Also Nvidia has been pulling this bs since the dawn of time, then when AMD does it for a couple of titles all of a sudden the world is ending?

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Looks incredible. This is the "Far Cry" I was looking for other than a remake of the first one. Day one on this one for sure!

hussar16

Thanks for finding that, I new I had seen them bangin on about RTGI in a video ages ago but couldn't remember where.

I'll be nice and give them the benefit of doubt until it's confirmed RTGI is gone, maybe it's just an all platform feature and not pc specifically.
It looks to be gone.not surprised ubisoft downgrading even on pc

amigastar

That's a game i'm not gonna play probably, it has to be really, really good to get my interest.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Imagine if this game is the one putting UE5 to shame for looking amazing and current gen and not running at HD resolutions on PC and consoles.

Hope it is, we need devs to account for this shit show we had in recent releases.

Imagine if this game is the one putting UE5 to shame for looking amazing and current gen and not running at HD resolutions on PC and consoles.

Hope it is, we need devs to account for this shit show we had in recent releases.
Unreal engine 5 is nothing special ubisoft have been doing nanite since ac 3

Ywap

Many of us Ubi fanboys suffer from severe open world withdrawal syndrome because of their inability to deliver our drug of choice the last couple of years.

Finally we might be on the road to recovery 🤢🥵

Last edited:
Forspoken looks pretty good. I never said anything about forspoken her.

This doesn't seem to be doing anything special. Last gen had tlou2, forbidden west and ragnarok.
Avatar just has a lot of grass. Doesn't seem especially modern ... looks kinda flatish tbh.
Pushing LOD and vegetation can be considered progress too.
I am not too impressed is all
Z5cpkCN.png

That’s fake, compressed and bad spot.
I am impressed you saved this pic made to make the game look bad. Nice
I didn't save it. It's on Google lol. And is from a Forbes article.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Agreed, there's no 120 fps or Ray tracing, but honestly the experience is much better. With the upcoming ps5 pro, case for shifting to console will be stronger.

Of course, PCs are amazing emulator machines.

Who really needs to play this game at 120 fps?

Top Bottom