• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Motocross Madness XBLA Revealed; More at E3.

CamHostage

I don't give a fuck that you have to play as your avatar, as long as it still plays like the old games.

Yeah, I think that this is a series that could easily be marketed to a casual audience without changing much about what everybody loved about it. This is just about the fun of riding a dirt bike around the dunes for as much as the game will let you (and then getting blasted across the map when you cross a line in the sand.) Sure, there were Sony's ATV games and a yearly dose of THQ titles that should have fit that bill, but something about those games dialing in on the professional racing technique and circuits eventually made those games unappetizing after a while no matter what they approved. (Did they even have free ride in the later games? I know they had stunt mode but I can't remember any of my PSP games having dune riding?) Strip it back, make it colorful, build fun around the realism (rather than adding too much fake crap and easy play to make it "casual") and turn us loose.

Playing as your avatar is a bonus. They're one of the cooler things about the 360, especially in Avatar-able games. XBLA has been an amazing service this gen, so as with every other game they've released, there will be a demo and I'll play it to see if I like it. One of the best decisions Microsoft made this gen.

CTE

If it's anything like Joyride xbla I'll get it. The new one that came out last week with no kinect and great stunt tracks.

Rad-

I think I still have one of these in a drawer.

Sidewinder_gamepad.jpg

I had one of those too. Worst D-Pad ever.

Haven't seen any videos yet, but this will be out on the showroom floor (Microsoft booth) and it's made by Bongfish (developer of the excellent Stoked snowboarding games.)

big_z

Motocross Madness 2 was awesome, especially the user created tracks. hopefully they dont fuck this up or try to add kinect. fingers are crossed.

Found some info here:

The game boasts high jumps and insane tricks in the racing portion of the game. There’s more than just off-road racing however. In Avatar Motocross Madness there are three vast environments to explore through freestyle riding. Here you can discover special items and discover hidden secrets. The first details and screens for Avatar Motocross Madness sounds quite similar to that of the recently released Joy Ride Turbo. Partially because of the gameplay, but especially the exploration elements. Joy Ride Turbo featured Stunt Parks where you could let loose or go on the hunt for hard-to-reach or hidden collectibles. Avatar Motocross Madness looks to bring this type of discovery and freedom to XBLA once again. Plus, they both feature the coolest racers around, your avatar!
http://www.trueachievements.com/n9116/avatar-motocross-madness-officially-revealed.htm

Free ride sounds excellent, that's always the best part of these games.

Top Bottom