• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I just don't see how they are going to fit all the characters in a 2 hour movie in Infinity War part 1 and make it work. It just seems like a clusterfluck to me waiting to happen.

Nick Fury
Iron Man
Cap
Spiderman
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlette Witch
Quicksilver
Antman
Falcon
Iron Patriot
Pepper
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

and that's just part 1.

Then you gotta add

Black Panther
Captain Marvel

for part 2.

I don't think that everyone will per se show up in Part 1, thus it have been split into two parts, to give enough time to everybody. I can't see them cramming every single one of their characters into a 2-3 hour movie. But who knows what they'll be up to.

HeySeuss

I'd guess the Guardians will be in part 2. And I'm sure most will be killed during the first one until when Thanos drops the gauntlet or something so somebody can grab it and bring everyone back with the time gem.

curb

Banned
I just don't see how they are going to fit all the characters in a 2 hour movie in Infinity War part 1 and make it work. It just seems like a clusterfluck to me waiting to happen.

I've got a feeling Captain Marvel is going to show up before her solo movie.

Neoxon

Nick Fury
Iron Man
Captain America
Spider-Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ant-Man
Falcon
War Machine
Star-Lord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

and that's just part 1.

Then you gotta add

Black Panther
Captain Marvel

for part 2.
Had to remove Pepper since her actress supposedly wants out & changed Rhodey since all signs point to him being War Machine again. Of course, you also forgot...

- Vision
- Winter Soldier
/Potential Captain America Successor
- Daredevil
- Iron Fist
- Luke Cage
- Jessica Jones
- Mockingbird
- Quake
- Phil Coulson
- Maria Hill
- Any Other SHIELD Agents
- (Most Likely) Adam Warlock
- Any Other New GotG Members (Most Likely Mantis & Cosmo; Potentially Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Major Victory, etc.)
- (Maybe) Black Bolt
- (Maybe) Medusa
- (Maybe) Anyone Else From the MCU Inhuman Royal Family

not every avenger will appear in infinity war part 1. the Netflix heroes probably won't appear or they will be in very limited roles (fighting Thanos' goons on the streets of NY). and I don't think the Inhumans will be involved.

I also wouldn't be surprised if each Infinity War movie was 3 hours long.

BLACKLAC

I'm still of the opinion that Part 1 is Thanos Quest. Especially after looking at the release dates shift.

guek

Banned
I hope they make her look cool instead of making her look stupid in an attempt to make things closer to the comics. Her headwear in the comics is stupid.
I had a bit of as crush on Wanda growing up. Her comics costume is too...comics for live action but I still love it when cosplay nails it.

tumblr_lzwlzzgt6U1qed7kwo1_1280.jpg

not every avenger will appear in infinity war part 1. the Netflix heroes probably won't appear or they will be in very limited roles (fighting Thanos' goons on the streets of NY). and I don't think the Inhumans will be involved.

I also wouldn't be surprised if each Infinity War movie was 3 hours long.

After Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron (and Iron Man 2, and Thor 2) I really, really hope the MCU decides they no longer need to have climaxes featuring the heroes effortlessly dispatching a faceless army of mooks before taking on the Big Bad. Thanos shouldn't have nor need goons.

After Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron (and Iron Man 2, and Thor 2) I really, really hope the MCU decides they no longer need to have climaxes featuring the heroes effortlessly dispatching a faceless army of mooks before taking on the Big Bad. Thanos shouldn't have nor need goons.

depends on the scale they want for the climax, with this many characters though it doesn't make sense to have 500 fuckers vs just Thanos.

Even if they don't focus on it very much I think it would be cool just to see the street level heroes and some of the smaller time guys (spidey etc.) cleaning up the streets and protecting people, while the most powerful avengers take the fight directly to Thanos.

Something like with Infinity where the Mighty Avengers were some of the only ones left on Earth.

Had to remove Pepper since her actress supposedly wants out & changed Rhodey since all signs point to him being War Machine again. Of course, you also forgot...

- Vision
- Winter Soldier
/Potential Captain America Successor
- Daredevil
- Iron Fist
- Luke Cage
- Jessica Jones
- Mockingbird
- Quake
- Phil Coulson
- Maria Hill
- Any Other SHIELD Agents
- (Most Likely) Adam Warlock
- Any Other New GotG Members (Most Likely Mantis & Cosmo; Potentially Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Major Victory, etc.)
- (Maybe) Black Bolt
- (Maybe) Medusa
- (Maybe) Anyone Else From the MCU Inhuman Royal Family

So you are saying pepper gets killed off in Civil War?

Also I thought Inhumans will introduce phase 4?

Also I think the Defenders will just incorporate the war that takes place on Earth within a few episodes of their respective shows. Maybe it will be a pilot mini series to kick off the Defenders.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Oh, alright then. My mistake.
Yeah, she didn't want out. According to almost every interview she's ever given, she enjoyed it all. Paltrow's deal is done, though, so she'd either need to genuinely want to be in the movie or get a paycheck she deems acceptable. My guess is that she'd be less likely to come back if Pepper was just going to be killed, but who knows.

So, building the new LEGO Quinjet and reading the comic in the box might have spoiled where Vision comes from in the movie. I know to take it with a grain of salt, but who knows.

It seems like Vision is something from Cho Research, and Ultron wants it. The short comic depicts Ultron attacking the Cho Research truck and taking the chamber out of the back which has Vision inside.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I had a bit of as crush on Wanda growing up. Her comics costume is too...comics for live action but I still love it when cosplay nails it.

tumblr_lzwlzzgt6U1qed7kwo1_1280.jpg

1NVrfSB.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnng!

Also, I want every agent Lanyard in infinity war. Preferably as the one dealing the final blows to Thanos.

BobLoblaw

Banned
depends on the scale they want for the climax, with this many characters though it doesn't make sense to have 500 fuckers vs just Thanos.

Even if they don't focus on it very much I think it would be cool just to see the street level heroes and some of the smaller time guys (spidey etc.) cleaning up the streets and protecting people, while the most powerful avengers take the fight directly to Thanos.

Something like with Infinity where the Mighty Avengers were some of the only ones left on Earth.
This. It won't just be Thanos and a bunch of lackeys. He'll likely have at least a few top-tier allies with him (generals or some shit). One or more will likely appear in GOTG2 and IW:part 1. Hopefully Cull Obsidian at least.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Nick Fury
Iron Man
Cap
Spiderman
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlette Witch
Quicksilver
Antman
Falcon
Iron Patriot
Pepper
Starlord
Gamora
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

and that's just part 1.

Then you gotta add

Black Panther
Captain Marvel

for part 2.

It's not like they have to dedicate 10 minutes to each of these characters, by this film, we'll have established characters/teams who don't need introductions and can show up and go off with no hesitation. I hardly think Fury/SHIELD team is going to be a focus point because it's fucking Thanos. Widow and Hawkeye ain't gonna do shit either. Part 1 will probably be taking down Thanos' jobbers which will probably involve all the Earth based heroes, but part 2 will probably be the likes of Iron Man/Cap/Thor/SW/Drax etc taking on Thanos.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The IW movies will probably involve different missions for different teams too, like having the big guns keeping Thanos busy at some point while another group invades a complex after a macguffin etc.

I can't be the only one who feels like Thor and Fury's facial hair looks terribly "made up and even". Compare it with Thor in Dark World and Fury in Winter Soldier and you'll see.

Edit:
Thor in DW:
thor-dark-world.jpg

Fury in WS:
nick_fury_captain_america__the_winter_soldier-t3.jpg

- J - D -

They're really using the same Ultron minions for all these posters. The one that's posed like it's trying to reach out is in every effing poster. What the hell is the budget on Marvel's promo art department?

They're really using the same Ultron minions for all these posters. The one that's posed like it's trying to reach out is in every effing poster. What the hell is the budget on Marvel's promo art department?

it's a little lame I guess but I really don't think it matters to most people who are gonna be walking by these in the theater haha

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Guess Nick found his eyepatch.

I honestly preferred the shades, he looked baller as fuck.

I can't be the only one who feels like Thor and Fury's facial hair looks terribly "made up and even". Compare it with Thor in Dark World and Fury in Winter Soldier and you'll see.

I guess after hanging around in Avenger's Tower you get taught how to shave properly? Or his new companion doesn't like the full throttle :p Fury should go back to Winter Soldier look though.

So are all these character posters connected?

Considering Fury and Widow are looking straight into the camera, I don't think so.
Edit: Iron Man is in a different country altogether.

I really don't think we'll see the twins in Civil War. I'm not sure if they would even care about the government, but I hope to see them pop up in Dr. Strange, and then again in Infinity War. I just can't but feel they will be underutilized. I just hope they get a lot of minutes in Age of Ultron.

I also made a few new avatars up for grabs:

iK4twqY.png
g8SPP6H.png
j5tQ3Jp.png

I'll take the Iron Man one. Thanks Madridista!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom