• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned

adg1034

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy. I mean, I like him, and he's consistent and all, but I was kinda hoping for someone ELSE. Just hope that he keeps the original Avenger's theme.

Still looking forward to his GotG score, though.

Actually, that's Tyler Bates.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is ILM working on GoTG?

Not as the primary at least, I don't think they won the bid. They did a couple Rocket Raccoon tests during bidding I think.

They just wrapped Winter Soldier and Noah I believe. In their production queue that's been made public in some way:

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
Lucy (2014)
Unbroken (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Tomorrowland (2015)
Jurassic World (2015)
Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2016)
Warcraft (2016)

Kimawolf

Yeah, I'm still not convinced that Tony actually wakes up one day and decides to "create Ultron" just like Hank did, but I think they will remove Pym from the character entirely just because it's not a good idea narratively to tie such a major threat to a character you haven't established or are in the process of establishing.

As much as I love the Pym/Ultron father-son dynamic, Ultron's threat just carries a lot more weight when it comes directly from one of the team. I don't love that Tony continues to be the central figure of the MCU but I understand thematically why they did it. Maybe if Wright could have completed work on Ant-Man during Phase 1 when originally planned they could have stayed true to the canon, but the scheduling just didn't work out.

If I had to guess, HYDRA will attempt to hijack Tony's systems to create armor for their soldiers and an off-shoot of JARVIS or something will become sentient and go rogue.

Well JARVIS already went nuts in Iron Man 3, and the armor was doing all kinds of freaky shit on its own. I can see his "automated armor" going nuts or Jarvis gaining sentience and becoming ULTRON, taking over Tony's newest "Vibranium" armor and taking control of all his other armor then going on a killing spree the Avengers have to fight, only for the end of the movie Thanos to show up and put the smack down on the Avengers, then credits roll.

It could be possible that the version that becomes Vision could be a JARVIS backup or a "cured" Ultron, though. Like, if JARVIS went Ultron because of a virus or something, when he's fixed he could end up as Vision.

J10

Banned
Well JARVIS already went nuts in Iron Man 3, and the armor was doing all kinds of freaky shit on its own. I can see his "automated armor" going nuts or Jarvis gaining sentience and becoming ULTRON, taking over Tony's newest "Vibranium" armor and taking control of all his other armor then going on a killing spree the Avengers have to fight, only for the end of the movie Thanos to show up and put the smack down on the Avengers, then credits roll.

You know Paul Bettany, the voice of Jarvis, was cast to play The Vision, right?

I'm hoping it's based on this style.

Ultron2013.jpg

Can't wait to see Ultron go all I know all your strengths.

This is the main reason why I kinda hope that Ultron is infected JARVIS or steals info from JARVIS or some weird shit like that. Because just knowing that much information about the Avengers would set him on a totally different tier from Loki as a villain.

This is the main reason why I kinda hope that Ultron is infected JARVIS or steals info from JARVIS or some weird shit like that. Because just knowing that much information about the Avengers would set him on a totally different tier from Loki as a villain.

Yeah expecting Ultron to start off as some kind of software.

Then to take over Stark's private network.

Sends Hulkbuster after Hulk, swarms Thor with a ton of Ultron bodies.

Yeah expecting Ultron to start off as some kind of software.

Then to take over Stark's private network.

Sends Hulkbuster after Hulk, swarms Thor with a ton of Ultron bodies.

I had a brief idea that it could be the version of JARVIS that he used to hack into the SHIELD computers, its code mutated beyond all recognition by SHIELD security protocols, but still with the same information. It would have a certain synchrony with the whole theme they've got going of Tony Stark creating all his own worst enemies.

I thought the Avengers theme was catchy as fuck. I'm kinda upset it isn't more iconic.

This. I love the main chords and all, but I really felt like it needed more variations. There's only so many times you can play that basic main theme on the piano before someone comes in and starts chucking things at you.

I kinda hope that it will evolve a bit like how the Pirates music did, starting out with one good theme and a few backups, with the second and third film scores adding on more variations to the central theme.

^ I hope Tyler keeps the Silvestri Avengers theme for AoU, just like Zimmer kept I'm a Pirate for the remaining PotC movies.

Oh, definitely. I'd love for new stuff that riffs on the same basic theme. Or uses it as a counterpoint melody like the new Star Trek movies did (not a fan of the movies themselves, but I really loved the music).

This. I love the main chords and all, but I really felt like it needed more variations. There's only so many times you can play that basic main theme on the piano before someone comes in and starts chucking things at you.

I kinda hope that it will evolve a bit like how the Pirates music did, starting out with one good theme and a few backups, with the second and third film scores adding on more variations to the central theme.

It was the sort of theme that you felt pumped leaving the theater as it played over the credits. And of course, plays in the GOAT establishing team shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom