• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected (cartoony FPS) coming to PC, X1, PS4, and Switch in 2019

Coming to PS4, PC, Switch, and X1. Steam link here.

Welcome to a feel-good FPS! A colorful adventure combining action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements.
You play as a kid that is neither a hero nor a warrior. Yet with the power of friendship, you will overcome every obstacle in your way!
Choose your path through the levels, uncover the light-hearted story, and above all, recruit allies. All the wacky and powerful characters you meet can be played in first person, and it’s up to you to find the right answers to get them to join your team!
Idiotic workmen, MYSTERIES FROM OUTER SPACE, ODDBALL FRIENDS, AND FAST COMBATS AWAIT!
Journey around a colorful world featuring unique visuals, with 2D characters living in a 3D world.
  • Unravel a funny and light-hearted story, with just the right pinch of rogue-lite elements.
  • Befriend and play a large variety of quirky characters, all against the backdrop of the anime-themed soundtrack composed by Kazuhiko Naruse!

ss_319df11cbdd1c4d177a58f29d1816972914fc515.600x338.jpg

ss_789510a721fccfc4c3027d2ed5389bf10c15b169.600x338.jpg

ss_8c9626ffe95643dd016336e02b23c568641da95c.600x338.jpg

---

I'm loving the art style.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Love the visuals with the 2D sprites and stuff. I hope it's fun and wholesome. More modern games need to use this style.

I was so hyped for Wings of Saint Nazaire but it went nowhere in the end (I read its artist is working on the next Rebel Galaxy which looks freaking amazing but obviously doesn't go for this technique).

Last edited:

Dvidus

Okay listen up. I’m gonna buy the freaking SHIT out of this game. This looks like such a blast to play. I wish I could add it to my Switch wishlist, because sometimes you kinda lose sight of unique games like this.

zenspider

Saw the release date date. This was on the Nindies feed a while back - totally in for this.

Between Travis Strikes Again (I've come around to it), Dragon Marked For Death, and Away - Jan/Feb's dance card is filling up quick.

Top Bottom