• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome shots of the Xbox Elite controller

Metal.

And magnetic so they get gently sucked into place. And stay there till you decide otherwise.

magnet hype

VESOjgs.gif

timlot

Banned
Beautiful controller. My concern is warranty, because the standard 90 day ain't going to cut it for $150. Also, I've had two XB1 controllers develop left analog stick drift issues and while they have beefed up some of the components like metal stick and triggers on the elite. A controller is still a wear item. $150 for something that's going to have noticeable wear after a year is too much for me. Getting a new controller every two years has been my routine. So its either one elite or three controllers over six years @ $150.

bumpkin

That's a mighty sexy looking controller, but that price tag. At $99 I'd at least consider it, but $149? No way.

Gorgeous controller. Wish it wasn't $150 though. And the dpad area can only be a dpad, right? No switching it with an analogue stick?

It really isn't. I just got an Xbox One a few weeks ago and I was very surprised at how close the controller is to the DS4 in terms of size.

f9908e736e.jpg

It's a little more chunky but the overall footprint is almost the same.
This blue one looks amazing.

Orayn

Gorgeous controller. Wish it wasn't $150 though. And the dpad area can only be a dpad, right? No switching it with an analogue stick?

This blue one looks amazing.

Even better, it's an alternate color version of the "Lunar White" model, so it has textured grips and further improved bumpers.

Apt101

I'm going to have to see how the bumpers feel to me first. The DS4 spoiled me with extremely easy to reach bumpers and triggers, I always find myself stretching my hands uncomfortably when I use my X1 controller. I also need to see if my Steam controller is replacement enough for PC. But this thing looks great, even for $150.

Beautiful controller. My concern is warranty, because the standard 90 day ain't going to cut it for $150. Also, I've had two XB1 controllers develop left analog stick drift issues and while they have beefed up some of the components like metal stick and triggers on the elite. A controller is still a wear item. $150 for something that's going to have noticeable wear after a year is too much for me. Getting a new controller every two years has been my routine. So its either one elite or three controllers over six years @ $150.
You only have a 90 day warranty in the US? We have 12 months usually in the UK. As consumers you really do get shafted in the US.

Anyway, I do like this a lot but it's just too pricey right now. If I could find it for £85 I'd get it in a hearbeat.

mr stroke

Wish I could get one on release, bummed they have universally sold out

I know these are sold out everywhere online, but I can't imagine they won't be available in stores on Tuesday. There can't be mass amounts of people looking to buy a $150 controller?

I am stupid assuming I can walk into Frys or Target on Tuesday and buy one :(

finalflame

So, are we likely to be able to stroll into the big box stores on Tuesday and just pick one of these up? I'm thinking places like Target or Wal-Marts open past midnight/24h. I am tempted, but i'm no MLGxxProGaMeRxx, far form it. But the premium look is just making me need to have it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I so fucking want one of these... I just don't need to drop that kind of change on a controller even though I can afford it.

Breakage

Pad looks dope. I think in general the X1 pad design looks more refined than the DS4. Something about Sony's pad makes it look like a prototype.

Eoyote

Neo Member

This is my concern. Controllers wear out far too quickly. Not comfortable paying $170 (CAD) for something that will meet the same fate.

bluexy

Betting that folk will be complaining in 6-12 months that this thing breaks in the same ugly ways the standard controller does.

HardRojo

That's one sexy ass controller! I hope this one fits better in my hand though since I'm not too fond of the default XBO controller, the shoulder buttons are uncomfortable for me.

Orayn

That's one sexy ass controller! I hope this one fits better in my hand though since I'm not too fond of the default XBO controller, the shoulder buttons are uncomfortable for me.

The overall dimensions are about the same, so it won't address any concerns you have with the handles. (Apart from adding a textured grip.)

IIRC the bumpers are also the same, apart from having the same upgrades as the new controllers with 3.5mm ports and the Lunar White/Forza model.

I'm telling you right now. If you value your money, saving for trips, or just want to pay off debt... do NOT handle this controller. You will be sunk. I have seen faces of the most disdainful snob melt into adoration in seconds after using it.
Lol here we go. Hyperbole mode activate!

Why the green sync button and trigger locks? Just seems odd and out of place on an otherwise grayscale controller.

Still sexy though, can't wait to use it.

Top Bottom