• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Tron / Epic Mickey controllers from Disney

Beth Cyra

I doubt I will pick up Tron and if I did it would probably be on PS3 or X360, but that Tron Wii Remote is badass and I will get that thing if I get the chance.

Fantastical said:
Apparently it is... I saw it on "that Nintendo blog".

Really?

I wish some media would be released on some of these 3rd party Wii games that have been announced. CoD, NFS, the Tom Clancy games and now Tron.

I need my infos.

Well they were confirmed wired, which makes it from a must buy to a must not buy.

The PS3 tron one looks nice. Im surprised no one tried them out at E3, Disney tweeted about it and all, lol. Though anyway, I would get the Tron one, if it wasnt wired.

And 49.99 at that too!!!

noah111

Still Alive
DevilWillcry said:
PDP =Pelican :(. Shame, these looked pretty cool too.
Oh, really? Damn, never knew. Yeah, they look great but not worth the cash (especially wired). On the topic of 3rd party controllers I really want to try out Nyko's Raven;

PS3_RavenBlack_zoom.jpg

alt-version
PS3_RavenAltBlack_zoom.jpg

So hard finding a good 3rd party controller these days, especially price wise. Too bad anything with a brand name or something like that slapped on it means ridiculously priced..

ILikeFeet

Banned
comedy bomb said:
Really?

I wish some media would be released on some of these 3rd party Wii games that have been announced. CoD, NFS, the Tom Clancy games and now Tron.

I need my infos.

go to destructoid. they have a video of it.

Leatherface

+1 Wiimote for me.

the PS3 and Xbox controllers "look" cool, but I'd have to actually hold them to make sure. I see some "angles" I'm not sure about. :lol

Lijik

I was not aware this was a limited run, explains why Amazon sold out so quickly.
Purchasing a wii remote right now.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I wasn't either until I looked deeper and saw that the blue controllers are coming with a cert of auth limited to 20,000.

Can't imagine they will last much longer, way more limited than say, the SMB All Stars set that Nin just sold me for $30 :)

edit: run still limited but not as much as I thought

robot

Anyone try the 360 Tron controller? Really didn't want to go back to a wired controller but it's really nice. Plus I think Pelican makes it and I'm not sure how they've been lately.

robot

Went ahead and ordered one considering I can sell it at a profit on eBay if I didn't like it.

Surprised at the quality, overall a very solid build with the exception of the triggers which feel a little cheaper than the official ones but not necessarily a negative...just an observation. The rubber grips are a nice plus as well, they also have more of an egg shape which feels great. The control pad is just a cross but haven't had a chance to use it. The light strips along the controller, the original selling point for me, are really cool.

So overall if you're looking for an extra controller and can get it for less than $50, I'd consider it. The downside of it being wired kinda sucks, but I'm happy with my purchase.

DJ_Tet

Banned
The controllers are really impressive, the packaging is as well. Comes in a nice collectors box with a certificate inside the lid. The controllers themselves are solid too. The 360 one has a + style cross-pad, not sure if it's any more effective but I can't imagine it's worse. The wired aspect does suck but I've got some usb extensions so it's no big deal.

The lights are really cool in person. Also, the Wii one has that soft rubber feel on the back, it's a really good feeling controller. The buttons seem solid. I'm going to complete the collection and get some PS3 ones.

Lijik

DJ_Tet said:
The controllers are really impressive, the packaging is as well. Comes in a nice collectors box with a certificate inside the lid.
This this this this.

My wii remote came in today, and I was really impressed with the packaging. Overall I really like the controller, A button felt a little stiff at first but I've either gotten used to it quickly or I broke it in since its fine now.

Only problem with it that I have is I use a thirdparty afterglow nunchuck, and the Tron remote doesn't like it at all and will spam anything mapped to the Z button. A regular nunchuck of course works fine with it, but I was kind of hoping I'd be able to use something that fit with it stylistically.

EDIT- So I did some research and it turns out my nunchuck is also by PDP. Wtf man

Unicorn

yeah, for 40$ i feel i got a steal.

Too bad not more pc games openly support gamepad.. Felt odd turning Bad Company 2 on and it didn't have a gamepad option.... wasn't this a console port :lol
i kid i kid :C

DJ_Tet

Banned
9Hrgh.jpg

Here's my happy Tron family, the Yellow Clu controller on the bottom left followed clockwise by the Blue 360 controller, the Razer mouse and finally the Ice Blue controller. The Yellow and Ice Blue are limited to 350 pieces.

Anyone have an extra orange one they are willing to sell or trade? Let me know I'd like to complete the family :)

Top Bottom