• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

awwwwww, the pstwo is so cute

mug

HDLoader is a great little invention. There are some other programs out there that'll let you install a game from a PC over the network. Just put the game in the PC drive and it should load up on there. I'm pretty sure that I read it quite some time ago so I'm not 100% positive that it works. As for HDLoader on the PStwo - there should be a program that'll let you run an external USB hdd on there to get your games loaded quicker. Doesn't sound like it would work as well as the original HDLoader.

Angst

mug said:
As for HDLoader on the PStwo - there should be a program that'll let you run an external USB hdd on there to get your games loaded quicker.
Yep, there's the USB Advance for example.
mug said:
Doesn't sound like it would work as well as the original HDLoader.
Yes, as far as I know you get slower load times due to the USB 1.1 (?) protocol.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Angst said:
PSTwo is cute, granted. But the chubby one rules with this:

ps2_hdd_install2.jpg

+
format_hdloader.jpg

=
Gaming heaven (shorter load times, no wear on the laser et cetera)

Ya-huh. ;)

wave-E

Banned
My slim ps2 broke for the second time last week. I don't have the money for another, but I don't see how I can ignore late 2006 releases upon release.

The little button on the reset chip fell off (yeah, wtf) and when trying to figure out how to power on I somehow fried everything. I do not get it.

Angst

wave-E said:
My slim ps2 broke for the second time last week. I don't have the money for another, but I don't see how I can ignore late 2006 releases upon release.

The little button on the reset chip fell off (yeah, wtf) and when trying to figure out how to power on I somehow fried everything. I do not get it.

Yikes! I presume you live in the US? We have a mandatory 2 year warranty here (Sweden). Of course it's forfeited if you try to fix things yourself...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Isn't it 5 years in the entire scandinavia? I thought it was for all electronics.

Angst

Brobzoid said:
Isn't it 5 years in the entire scandinavia? I thought it was for all electronics.
I don't know about the rest of Scandinavia, but here in Sweden it's two years.

I checked it out and it's apparently three years now, they changed it from two to three years in 2005.

Top Bottom