• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Park is Real (MK 8 DLC)

Holy hell these courses look fantastic. This is DLC done right and I can't believe it's coming next week.

On a side note, I criticized the game for feeling incomplete, lack of map on the screen and only on the gamepad, terrible RNG for items and cpu difficulty, and odd menu placing but Nintendo has rectified almost everything I've said about it so kudos to them.

Seriously, MK8 is honestly the best game in the series.

Neiteio

There are Mecha Koopas and jack-in-the-box Junior Clown Cars on Ribbon Road. And dat Yarn Yoshi amiibo product placement. :-O

There are Chain Chomps in Cheese Land (but I wonder if they'll still have the mice).

A statue of Bowser Jr. can be seen in the background of Baby Park.

There are Hammer Bros. on the sidelines of Neo Bowser City.

The water streams in Big Blue and the tree village level look like SO MUCH FUN.

The metro level is deliciously European.

EVERYTHING LOOKS AMAZING.

That product placement! (It's a Woolly World Amiibo)

FwG4sbw.jpg

omg

Roo

I'm so glad they didn't neglect GBA.
Now even GBA has a nice amount of courses in this game. Victory!

Ribbon Road is just.. sorry, I can't...

pmMbDMD.gif

GjtXBgQ.gif

Seriously, MK8 is honestly the best game in the series.

For racing, I totally agree. No other comes as close to perfection as MK8. It's just a shame the battle mode is absolute shit. It would have been the perfect Mario Kart if not for that. I'm still hoping they add another pack of DLC with battle arenas. :(

Crayolan

So it's Ringling Metro? Crayolan said Rin Rin Metro, Google Translate says Lingling Metro, but what you said would make the most sense.

Rin Rin is the direct translation of the Katakana and the pronunciation in Japanese. What they will actually translate that to for the English version could be a number of things: Rin Rin, Ring Ring, Lin Lin, Ringling, basically any combination of r's and l's in the front and potential g's in the back is valid.

Ploid 3.0

You would think BABY PARK would be a hint it wasn't Mortal Kombat related.

Babality (turning opponents into babies instead of using fatalities in Mortal Kombat games). Thought it could be coming back as a dlc and kicked up a notch to playable killer babies as messed up as that sounds.

I know it's Mario Kart and I shouldn't question it, but... why is there a desert track based around big chunks of cheese? What? It's like they throw idea darts at various objects around the office and bam, that's the next track. lol

I want Nintendo to at least make a budget title out of F-Zero using the MK8 engine as a base. It worked for Captain Toad, it can work again.

Revven

For racing, I totally agree. No other comes as close to perfection as MK8. It's just a shame the battle mode is absolute shit. It would have been the perfect Mario Kart if not for that. I'm still hoping they add another pack of DLC with battle arenas. :(

Who knows maybe depending on the success of these two DLC packs they'll do another set for Battle mode! And they'll give us proper arenas that way! :D

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
My god these mini trailers are hype as f***. The F-Zero & Nature track look amazing wow. I can honestly say without a doubt MK8 is the best entry in the series hands down.

ffdgh

Big blue may actually surpass 3ds rainbow road as my favorite one lap course. Next week is gonna be amazing.

Never expected them to top dlc pack 1 so easily...

Top Bottom